Sign in to follow this  
woody11

the goals

lol i want see how bad the game was. but most of all i just want to see korey smith goal as ive heard its pretty good

From tomorrow morning on the BBC website I think. Korey''s goal was indeed very nice. The less said about the others the better.

korey smiths goal was class. shame about the defending, that was really poor. Chris martin and mcnamee efforts were good though. however it was an embarrassing night.

For me, the 1st goal was Rusty''s fault (I think it was him that let their guy get free) and the second was Russell Martins, as he is the one that stopped tracking the guy that scored.

[quote user="woody11"]yeh same i thought that as well. was just poor man marking[/quote]

Doubt smudger will agree with you, he blamed Doc for both, but think Martin did lose Runner for 2nd goal but Nelson ducked under it, he should have headed it away.

Strange how the goals have been reported and viewed differently...

The first goals is a standard free kick.   So much blame has been poured on Doc but he was tracking his player when the ball was flicked behind him - what did he do wrong here?  Forster could have done more - I dont think so.  The player that failed to track thorntons run was Korey Smith (including a comical jump as the ball is flicked on) that leaves his player with a free scoring opportunity.

As for the second as equally disasterous - but its clear that had Nelson chosen to head the ball we would not have conceeded.  He chose to duck and leave it for whatever reason.  Its a costly mistake in what has been a solid series of no nonsense low quality but acceptable performances.

Again - the clips show the difference in desire in the very middle of the part - we must shake this post leeds game stupour

A bad day at the office.

No no no Zip! When will you ever learn that every goal we concede is Docs fault. Every penalty and free kick we concede is down to him too.

The blokes a complete liability and now we have a decent manager his days are numbered. The first thing Lambert did was recognise this and banish him to the ressies amidst wild celebrations on here. Best thing he ever did. In Lambert we trust [Y]

for me it was Russells fault he saw the man go past him but didn''t follow him.

and the second was a mixture of it was a very good delivery and just poor marking. it seemed to easy for them.

i know its harsh to blame grant holt for the goals but the thing i was wondering he would of been in the box when those two free kicks came in maybe he would of got his head to one of them, maybe thats why r.martin was marking Thornton and that might of been holts job if he was there.

I think that we often go too far analysing goals conceded. All teams concede goals and most of those can be traced back to someones mistake. Teams win games by scoring more than they concede and our goal difference suggests we have been good at it.

The problem Tuesday was that we were out fought and out played as a team. We didn''t ever control the game and cause Orient problems. Strangely, bearing that in mind, it could be argued that the defence did well as we only lost by the odd goal.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I think that we often go too far analysing goals conceded. All teams concede goals and most of those can be traced back to someones mistake. Teams win games by scoring more than they concede and our goal difference suggests we have been good at it.

The problem Tuesday was that we were out fought and out played as a team. We didn''t ever control the game and cause Orient problems. Strangely, bearing that in mind, it could be argued that the defence did well as we only lost by the odd goal.

[/quote]

Agreed Nutty.  At the end of the day, we''re a League 1 team - albeit a reasonable one - and League 1 teams make mistakes.  We''re still - despite taking 4 points from the last 4 games - 6 points clear and the gap to 3rd is only closing at 1 point per game as Leeds Swindon & Millwall all swap places.

1 point per game over the remaining 4 still sees us top at the end

[/quote]The defence had a good game?  Conceeding two to the mighty Leyton Orient?Even a reasonable Championship side would have surely bagged 5 against what was shocking defending?  Better finishing and Orient could have quite easily had 3, 4 or 5 themselves.Yes we may of been able to get 2 or 3 at the other end, but didn;t create as much of them and certainly deserved nothing from the game.We were poor in every department - upfront-midfield-defence on Tuesday night.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

The defence had a good game?  Conceeding two to the mighty Leyton Orient?

Even a reasonable Championship side would have surely bagged 5 against what was shocking defending?  Better finishing and Orient could have quite easily had 3, 4 or 5 themselves.

Yes we may of been able to get 2 or 3 at the other end, but didn;t create as much of them and certainly deserved nothing from the game.

We were poor in every department - upfront-midfield-defence on Tuesday night.
[/quote]

Can you read? [8-|]

[/quote]

Whilst I would agree had they been scored from open play, defending set pieces is the most basic and rehearable piece of defending there is. I concur that we didn''t deserve to win, or even draw, and were outfought. However, but for two bits of crap defending we would have won the game having not deserved to which is something we managed earlier in the season by doing the basics well if nothing else.

I''m not saying that Smith/Nelson/Martin should be strung up for it, everyone makes mistakes. However, I will be annoyed if it happens again on Saturday, this is exactly the kind of defending that got us all so frustrated by Semi!

[quote user="Canary Wharf Canary"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Whilst I would agree had they been scored from open play, defending set pieces is the most basic and rehearable piece of defending there is. I concur that we didn''t deserve to win, or even draw, and were outfought. However, but for two bits of crap defending we would have won the game having not deserved to which is something we managed earlier in the season by doing the basics well if nothing else.

I''m not saying that Smith/Nelson/Martin should be strung up for it, everyone makes mistakes. However, I will be annoyed if it happens again on Saturday, this is exactly the kind of defending that got us all so frustrated by Semi!

[/quote]

That''s a fair point about defending set pieces Canary Wharf. But so far on this thread alone the blame has been given to Russell, Martin, Nelson, Smith and even Grant Holt. On other threads those with anti-Doc tendencies have blamed him for being slow on the turn and standing like a statue[*-)] and even Forster was blamed by some.

From what I saw from the highlights, we were out-faught in midfield, and beaten to every 2nd ball. They looked like they wanted it more, simple.

Smudger, your views on the goals have just confirmed to me that you only spout whatever you like to back up your own thoughts. how you could blame Doc for either goal has amazed me. I have finally just watched the goals and for the first korey simply switched off and lost his man whilst doc was tight with his man and for the second again doc was marking his man and Nelson for whatever reason just ducked out of the way, i did wonder if Forster had called for the ball and then realised he had made a mistake the way Nelson just ducked out of the way, neither goals could be attributed to Doc in any wayas for Macca for weeks you have been saying play him on the left where he deserves to be so he doesn''t have to cut in but the only thing he did of any note the other night was in the last few seconds when he cut in onto his right foot and his bungled cross hit the post. have you ever thought that this might just be the way he prefers to play to cut in all the time regardless of which wing he is onfor once smudger until the end of the season, when you can analyse who will be here and who wont next season, get behind the team, support them, and i mean every player, regardless of whether you like him or not as most fans do but please if you are going to give ''facts'' please stick to them and not make ''facts'' up to suit your agenda

i wasnt blaming grant holt but he would of been there in the box and things may of been different

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]Smudger, your views on the goals have just confirmed to me that you only spout whatever you like to back up your own thoughts. how you could blame Doc for either goal has amazed me. I have finally just watched the goals and for the first korey simply switched off and lost his man whilst doc was tight with his man and for the second again doc was marking his man and Nelson for whatever reason just ducked out of the way, i did wonder if Forster had called for the ball and then realised he had made a mistake the way Nelson just ducked out of the way, neither goals could be attributed to Doc in any wayas for Macca for weeks you have been saying play him on the left where he deserves to be so he doesn''t have to cut in but the only thing he did of any note the other night was in the last few seconds when he cut in onto his right foot and his bungled cross hit the post. have you ever thought that this might just be the way he prefers to play to cut in all the time regardless of which wing he is onfor once smudger until the end of the season, when you can analyse who will be here and who wont next season, get behind the team, support them, and i mean every player, regardless of whether you like him or not as most fans do but please if you are going to give ''facts'' please stick to them and not make ''facts'' up to suit your agenda[/quote]Talk about posting rubbish to suit ones own agenda and then you post nonsense like this.  McNamee put two or three decent crosses in to the box during his 15 mins or so on the pitch Tuesday night.  Lappin may have got one half decent cross in to the box during 75 mins and then several that were lofted in with such height they came down with snow on them.  Crosses need to be whipped in with accuracy and pace and that is the main attirbute that McNamee has in his bag which defenders hate.