Sign in to follow this  
militantcanary

Next season...

I have it on good authority that Lambert wants 7-8 players in (assuming we go up), which left me v surprised

I guess its goodbye to a few squad players, but 7-8 is a serious no, even if some of them will presumably be on loan.

I don''t think Lambert can rate the Gills, Tudor-Jones and Wiggins of this world too much

[quote user="jamesg"]

I have it on good authority that Lambert wants 7-8 players in (assuming we go up), which left me v surprised

I guess its goodbye to a few squad players, but 7-8 is a serious no, even if some of them will presumably be on loan.

I don''t think Lambert can rate the Gills, Tudor-Jones and Wiggins of this world too much

[/quote]Oh good authority....was Messi on the list?

[quote user="jamesg"]

[/quote]

I heardhim in an interview express how impressed h is with Wiggins... that was a couple of months ago tho [:|]

2nd hand I will admit, ie someone from club told someone who told me.

But the source is a very good one and is one you would have heard of.

And no I don''t know what the wanted list is!

Can''t say I am surprised. The one thing this little mini slump we''ve had in the last 4 games has illustrated is, that are a lack of options if Lambert wants to freshen things up. In midfield at the moment in particular the only viable alternatives to the regular four are Hughes and McNamee.

You are probably going to see Cureton, McVeigh, Wiggins, Tudur Jones, Gill leave. I doubt Elliot or Rose will have their loan deals made permanent either.

So in terms of recruitment its easy to see how we might need about 8 players in the summer.

Goalkeeping

Hopefully we can get Forster back which would count as one signing I guess.

Defence

An extra left back poteintially, a new right back and possibly a centre back. So thats another three potentially

Midfield

A couple of wingers and a centre midfielder. Would arguably be another 3 players

Attack

One more experienced striker strong enough to start games

[quote user="NCFC-47"]James Harper
Fraser Forster
Richard Stearman
Shane Long
Billy Sharp
George Boyd
Andy Griffin
Graham Dorrans

Would be nice haha
[/quote]

Wow. Is Peter Cullum finally putting his hand in his pocket1 We''d be looking at promotion if that lot came in.

I think you are about right on all of the above, up front seems to be Holt, Martin plus some decent impact players who would have to come on to be worthy of regular starts.  Elliott would need a couple of brillant performances in last few games to get a contract.

I don''t think the Manager thinks we have enough in either centre Midfield or on the wings either

At the risk of being a bore, I saw F Forster in Morrisons this week (not ASDA!) and he indicated that next year is rather up in the air at moment without comitting himself either way, seemed like a nice bloke.     Hopefully Newcastle will spend 4M Plus on new goalkeeper and he would go out on loan to the Championship as he would then be competing with Krul and Harper to sit on the bench at Newcastle.

Definitely need AT LEAST...GK, CB, LB, CM, RM, Striker

After that I''d consider a versatile defender (to cover/compete at RB, and other areas)...and an extra central midfielder/winger/striker.

7 or 8 doesn''t surprise me really...

[quote user="NCFC-47"]James Harper
Fraser Forster
Richard Stearman
Shane Long
Billy Sharp
George Boyd
Andy Griffin
Graham Dorrans

Would be nice haha
[/quote]

I like it- grey haired griffin! Failing that Kevin Amankwah from Swindon and Paul Furlong from Barnet... 

now i know you full of $hit just carry on take the wee out of folks & get your facts correct cos when you wrong you look a tiit  pmsl

[quote user="bread1"]now i know you full of $hit just carry on take the wee out of folks & get your facts correct cos when you wrong you look a tiit  pmsl[/quote]

who exactly is that aimed at?

[quote user="CanaryJames"]Definitely need AT LEAST...GK, CB, LB, CM, RM, Striker After that I''d consider a versatile defender (to cover/compete at RB, and other areas)...and an extra central midfielder/winger/striker. 7 or 8 doesn''t surprise me really...[/quote]

Would say you''re just about right there, would like to see Lamber keep Wiggins as back up to Drury though- I feel he can make the step up. A striker is a must have in my opinion- I''d love to have Adam Le-fondre I just hope if i keep anging on about him he might come!

I hope that he is quick with Bosman signings, and doesn''t do a Worthington.

There is surely little money in the player budget, so unless we can get one or two Bosmans, it''s difficult to how we can affored to sign 7 or 8.

Prhaps he had opne or two of the youngsters in mind? - Rudd, Dawkin, etc.

I know that we don''t have much money, but with Newcastle & WBA getting promoted, doesn''t their parachute money get redistributed amongst the rest of the championship? Got to be worth a few extra quid?

[quote user="Iwanlegend"]I know that we don''t have much money, but with Newcastle & WBA getting promoted, doesn''t their parachute money get redistributed amongst the rest of the championship? Got to be worth a few extra quid?[/quote]

It was being suggested a couple of weeks ago that we could recieve something in the region of £900,000 because of the parachute payments, I don''t know how true this is though.

I think we need another big target man, Holt will get booked/injured next year and we need someone to come in when he does.We need a right sided midfielder but someone more balanced than McNamee, he needs to get back and cover the full back whn defending and still be able to deliver a ball into the box/hug the touchline when needed.Cover at left back, Drury is still good enough but we do need an option. WHEN we secure promotion I would like to see Rose come back in so we can have a finallook at him and see if he could do the job (on performances so far he probably doesn''t look to be the man but he was improving).Goalkeeper is a must, if we don''t get Fraser back then I think we should look for a more experienced journyman to fill for a year while Declan is readied.I''ve been a bt surpirsed so many people think Rusty isn''t good enough anymore, I think he has played well this year and will still contribute. I would like to see another ball winning CM come in, then when we play a team with a solid CM pairing we could go with a ball winner and either Rusty or Korey, would be strong.Also, I hope Sir Lambert keeps dipping into the youth team when one of them looks ready, he has played Spillaine, Korey and Martin this year and all look good enough to make the step up.I don''t think the squad needs major surgery to survive but it depends what the board''s ambition/financial limitations are next year. At this point, I would accept a comfortable mid-table providing PL stays and continues to build. The financial position is still precarious and they need to balance spending with the long term health of the club. 

If we do bring in 8 players I''d imagine they''d be structure as 2 loans, 3 freebies and 3 cash signings or similar, we won''t have too much for fees, and we won''t generate much selling fringe players. If Doherty leaves it''ll free up a fair chunk for wages, but his replacement would be on as much or more anyway. Cureton leaving will finance one free player with lots of interest, so on a higher wage, or two free players on 3 or 4k a week. (guessing Curo is on 7 or 8k, but if it''s more then him leaving will be significant). Doherty is probably on similar so if they both go that should give us around 15k a week extra on the budget, which would sign us 3 decent championship players on frees, we''d then have to see how much was left over to fund the other 5, 2 would have to be loans I should think, then 1 relatively big fee, then 2 lower league players. If we have £1m to spend, which is probably optimistic, that''d be one 500k signing and 2 at 250k.