Sign in to follow this  
I am a Banana

Hoolahan Or MacNamee

Can''t see this topic going any other way than Hoolahan...Doesn''t mean Mcnamee isn''t good though as I think he''s superb.

Are you serious? 1 player was runner up in league 1 player of the season 1 doesn''t play regually for our first team.

Hoolahan, clearly.  MacNamee has a role as a squad player, and can be a useful Plan B if things are going wrong after 60 minutes, but as the past couple of games have shown, Hoolahan makes the team tick.   Last year his injury at the end of the season may have been the difference between staying up and relegation, and I hope his injury this year isn''t the difference between winning this league and missing out on automatic promotion.

The Irish Messi any day.

McNamee has a bit of a way to go yet to convince me that he will become a regular, and a fan''s favourite.

He should start to dazzle a bit next season as he will be bedded in so to speak.

One thing I would like to add, as an afterthought, I would prefer McNamee to Croft anyday.

Must say you are a banana for writing this, whats the next question, let me guess -  Theoklitos or Forster

Hoolahan.  Still undecided on Macca

While youre at it Banana, how about Roeder or Lambert?  League 1 or Championship?  French Fries or Wotsits?

Hooly every time, because you can''t replace him. Well, not easily anyway.

He has vision and creativity that you can''t buy for less than £3million. When (sorry, not if) we do sell him, that''s the sort of figure we''ll be looking for at the least.

For an example, think back to the Leeds game when he played that reverse ball over the top to Elliott. So reminiscent of Crook at his best. He sees a ball that few others do. Crook did something similar against Vitesse Arnhem in 93. Efan Ekoku was on the end of it and found the corner of the net. Unfotuntately this time, Stephen Elliott was on the end of it and found the Wensum.

Macca is a speedy winger with a good delivery. Valuable, but that''s easier to find if you need to.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Hooligan. MaNamee is a good option to bring on from the bench though. He is still young and will probably improve.[/quote]

He''s only a year younger than Wes. Not many players improve much at the age of 26 imo..

[quote user="Barclay hero"]

Hoolahan.  Still undecided on Macca

While youre at it Banana, how about Roeder or Lambert?  League 1 or Championship?  French Fries or Wotsits?

[/quote]

roeder, league 1, quavers [;)]