Sign in to follow this  
Roy

Luke Daley

Is he up to playing in the first team, the only other player i''d put up front on saturday would be Martin (Chris obviously). I dont think I would start Johnson or McDonald but what about Daley. I havent seen him in ages, is he up for starting or is he no good?For me Johnson and McDonald are both impact subs and shouldnt start, from what i''ve seen of Elliot he shouldnt even be on the bench. Doherty up front is a novel idea but I dont think he could cut it and i''d rather he plays in defence, so for me its either Chris Martin on his own or maybe Daley with him.

Daley is very quick up the wing but doesn''t appear to think as quick as his feet can react. Maybe he''s another player where a loan spell would benefit. He could certainly use the experience and this would show whether he has got what it takes to cut it.

I''m not sure Elliot is that bad. Simply because the only occasion I''ve seen him given a chance is in the absence of Holt and then he doesn''t get a chance when the ball is just smashed up over his head. He needs balls in behind and things to run onto (not that I''ve seen him really do that).

But all the same, I don''t think he''s awful, but of course he may be....

Woman in the Stands (WITS) "Daley is very quick up the wing but doesn''t appear to think as quick as his feet can react. Maybe he''s another player where a loan spell would benefit. He could certainly use the experience and this would show whether he has got what it takes to cut it."

Is he that quick?

I''m not really sure I''ve ever seen him really give players a problem due to his pace, and to be honest, whenever I''ve seen him get in behind at all he''s shown pretty limited finishing skills.

I hope I''m just being harsh, but he reminds me a bit of Ian Henderson in some respects.

he gave the sunderland centre backs a run round. hes got pace. put him on the wing if hes fit enough doubt it though not match fit.

mcnamee smith russell daley

perhaps would be good. very unlikely this would be the line up as daley hasnt made the bench recently

[quote user="Roy"]Is he up to playing in the first team, the only other player i''d put up front on saturday would be Martin (Chris obviously). I dont think I would start Johnson or McDonald but what about Daley. I havent seen him in ages, is he up for starting or is he no good?

For me Johnson and McDonald are both impact subs and shouldnt start, from what i''ve seen of Elliot he shouldnt even be on the bench. Doherty up front is a novel idea but I dont think he could cut it and i''d rather he plays in defence, so for me its either Chris Martin on his own or maybe Daley with him.
[/quote]

I think that Johnson and McDonald will contribute more to the team starting then Daley. It is a probelm with Holt being suspended as we had no-one decent in the air up front, but we need sort out our tactics and put balls low into the box where our forwards are more likely to win it.

I think the situation with Luke Daley is like Spillane''s, by NOT playing their respective reputations have enhanced a lot. Daley for coming on against Southend and winning a penalty and Spillane for scoring a great goal against Leyton Orient, I don''t think that Luke Daley is the answer, I would class him as an impact player like Cody and Oli. I think that putting the Doc upfront would be the best solution. I also think that Spillane isn''t the answer to our right back problems either, when we go up we are going to need to a new right back, possibly a veteran or someone like Lee Peltier, I think he''s supposed to be quite highly rated at Huddersfield.

[quote user="Big Ben"]

[quote user="Roy"]Is he up to playing in the first team, the only other player i''d put up front on saturday would be Martin (Chris obviously). I dont think I would start Johnson or McDonald but what about Daley. I havent seen him in ages, is he up for starting or is he no good?For me Johnson and McDonald are both impact subs and shouldnt start, from what i''ve seen of Elliot he shouldnt even be on the bench. Doherty up front is a novel idea but I dont think he could cut it and i''d rather he plays in defence, so for me its either Chris Martin on his own or maybe Daley with him.[/quote]

I think that Johnson and McDonald will contribute more to the team starting then Daley. It is a probelm with Holt being suspended as we had no-one decent in the air up front, but we need sort out our tactics and put balls low into the box where our forwards are more likely to win it.

[/quote]20-4. Tut tut. [:)]I think it''d be worth a go. I honestly would rather have the big Ginger up top, but I don''t think it will happen. [:(] So I think it''s worth a go, either on the wing or up front.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Big Ben"]

[quote user="Roy"]Is he up to playing in the first team, the only other player i''d put up front on saturday would be Martin (Chris obviously). I dont think I would start Johnson or McDonald but what about Daley. I havent seen him in ages, is he up for starting or is he no good?

For me Johnson and McDonald are both impact subs and shouldnt start, from what i''ve seen of Elliot he shouldnt even be on the bench. Doherty up front is a novel idea but I dont think he could cut it and i''d rather he plays in defence, so for me its either Chris Martin on his own or maybe Daley with him.
[/quote]

[/quote]

20-4. Tut tut. [:)]

I think it''d be worth a go. I honestly would rather have the big Ginger up top, but I don''t think it will happen. [:(] So I think it''s worth a go, either on the wing or up front.
[/quote]

At least I can get on my xbox [;)]

I don''t think playing doherty up front would work as he isn''t a striker. We are more likely to score with someone else playing up front.

[quote user="Big Ben"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Big Ben"]

[quote user="Roy"]Is he up to playing in the first team, the only other player i''d put up front on saturday would be Martin (Chris obviously). I dont think I would start Johnson or McDonald but what about Daley. I havent seen him in ages, is he up for starting or is he no good?For me Johnson and McDonald are both impact subs and shouldnt start, from what i''ve seen of Elliot he shouldnt even be on the bench. Doherty up front is a novel idea but I dont think he could cut it and i''d rather he plays in defence, so for me its either Chris Martin on his own or maybe Daley with him.[/quote]

[/quote]20-4. Tut tut. [:)]I think it''d be worth a go. I honestly would rather have the big Ginger up top, but I don''t think it will happen. [:(] So I think it''s worth a go, either on the wing or up front. [/quote]

I don''t think playing doherty up front would work as he isn''t a striker. We are more likely to score with someone else playing up front.

[/quote]I disagree. In the 5 mins he went up front on Tuesday, we looked more lively that the other 85. And if we don''t play him up front, who''s gonna win the headers? We seemed to play alot of football in the air at Orient, which seemed retarted as Elliot probably didn''t win a header all night, and Martin isn''t the best. Has Johnson/Elliot/MacDonald played Premier League football up front?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Big Ben"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Big Ben"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it''d be worth a go. I honestly would rather have the big Ginger up top, but I don''t think it will happen. [:(] So I think it''s worth a go, either on the wing or up front.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I disagree. In the 5 mins he went up front on Tuesday, we looked more lively that the other 85. And if we don''t play him up front, who''s gonna win the headers? We seemed to play alot of football in the air at Orient, which seemed retarted as Elliot probably didn''t win a header all night, and Martin isn''t the best. Has Johnson/Elliot/MacDonald played Premier League football up front?
[/quote]

I''m not too sure about that we played quite bad all game and our best spell was in the lead up to our goal and a bit after. Well that''s the point I was trying to make eariler on, don''t put the ball in the air, keep it on the ground and play it into feet. No but lets be honast, was docherty any good upfront in the prem? NO. You should stop posting on here and load up your fifa disk with any luck you may be on by midnight [;)]

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Big Ben"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Big Ben"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I disagree. In the 5 mins he went up front on Tuesday, we looked more lively that the other 85. And if we don''t play him up front, who''s gonna win the headers? We seemed to play alot of football in the air at Orient, which seemed retarted as Elliot probably didn''t win a header all night, and Martin isn''t the best. Has Johnson/Elliot/MacDonald played Premier League football up front?
[/quote]

I think me may have done at Sunderland, Wolves or Man City but I see your point.

[quote user="Darren Lamb"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Big Ben"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="Big Ben"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think me may have done at Sunderland, Wolves or Man City but I see your point.

[/quote]

If they have played in the Premier League in the past it doesn''t mean they are good, it means they use to be good [;)]

[quote user="Darren Lamb"]I think the situation with Luke Daley is like Spillane''s, by NOT playing their respective reputations have enhanced a lot. Daley for coming on against Southend and winning a penalty and Spillane for scoring a great goal against Leyton Orient, I don''t think that Luke Daley is the answer, I would class him as an impact player like Cody and Oli. I think that putting the Doc upfront would be the best solution. I also think that Spillane isn''t the answer to our right back problems either, when we go up we are going to need to a new right back, possibly a veteran or someone like Lee Peltier, I think he''s supposed to be quite highly rated at Huddersfield.[/quote]We were close to signing Lee Peltier a couple of years ago. Shame we didn''t, might have had a decent RB.As for Daley I don''t think he''s ready.

I haven''t been impressed with him.  He appears to have the physical attributes of a quality footballer, but the brain of Worzel Gummidge.

If he makes it, I think it will be as a winger. The pace is absolutely frightening but these constent thigh injuries are a concern.

[quote user="HoneyBadger"]Injured or not injured Luke Daley is ready. Also the man is a striker, on a goaltrail, so why play him on the wing?[/quote]

I think Daley was born ready. I don''t think Lambert should play him at all for the rest of the season otherwise other teams will try and poach him in the summer. Keep him for next season, if he remains on the goal trail then we are looking at a 20+ goals from him in the Championship. 

[quote user="matt8"]

[quote user="HoneyBadger"]Injured or not injured Luke Daley is ready. Also the man is a striker, on a goaltrail, so why play him on the wing?[/quote]

I think Daley was born ready. I don''t think Lambert should play him at all for the rest of the season otherwise other teams will try and poach him in the summer. Keep him for next season, if he remains on the goal trail then we are looking at a 20+ goals from him in the Championship. 

[/quote]

This is great logic, I can only imagine your a member of one of those supporters groups, maybe even one of the roses.

I''d also argue we don''t want Fabio taking him to the world cup, it just didnt work out for Walcott

[quote user="matt8"]

[/quote]I''m not sure he is a 20+ man, having seen him a few times I would be surprised if he got 5+ at the moment.

Don''t want to put down a young City player but i don''t think he''s going to make it here, he has the pace but he''s far too lightweight and more importantly doesn''t have the football brain to maximise his pace. The lad is 20 and hasn''t really shown enough for me. Josh Dawkin on the other hand, just 17 and already the better player for me, quick, great feet and an eye for goal from outwide.