Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Lambert needs to dump the duds...

Lappin, Doc and Nelson before they undermine his glorious managerial career with Norwich City.

How a European Cup winner can''t see that these 3 are not up to the grade is beyond me.

Oh possibly add Russell Martin to that!

Id agree that with maybe the exception of Doherty these are our weakest players in the starting 11.

But who would you replace them with? what would be your first team?

Go on then Smudger, astound us, who would we bring in for all these players we drop then?

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhow any one can suggest dropping any of the three after their performances over the last 6 months is beyond me.tonights result for me is down to one person and one person only because of his stupidity on Saturday............................Grant Holt. dont get me wrong Holt has been amazing this season but to pick up a yellow card for deliberate handball because he had lost his temper, in the last game before previous cards got wiped, is just pure crazziness and again, in my opinion, means he doesnt deserve the POS

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnhow any one can suggest dropping any of the three after their performances over the last 6 months is beyond me.tonights result for me is down to one person and one person only because of his stupidity on Saturday............................Grant Holt. dont get me wrong Holt has been amazing this season but to pick up a yellow card for deliberate handball because he had lost his temper, in the last game before previous cards got wiped, is just pure crazziness and again, in my opinion, means he doesnt deserve the POS[/quote][:|]

Just back in from the game and will agree totally that Nelson and Martin were our poorest performers tonight. Nelson has been weak for a few games now and I would like to see Spillane back but with so little of the season left i cannot see him getting another run. Grant Holt has been brilliant, but the disruption he has caused to our consistency because of his bookings/sending off is the most concerning aspect of our season. Tonight there wasn''t too much in the way of play making. Constant high balls and head tennis made it a very scrappy affair, very little flowing football as the skill level was very poor. Cannot see us getting too much at the Valley, despite our fantastic support.

Norwich have traditionally done well against the better sides, and struggled against the so called lesser teams. I can remember us thumping Man U, Arsenal etc and then losing to Southampton and Coventry back in the days of the ''true'' Division 1 (and I dont mean Championship for the younger posters)

This season has seen us within 30 seconds of dumping Southampton out of the JPT at St Marys, outplaying Leeds at Elland Road whilst beating them at Carrow Rd, almost beating Swindon A, and getting Max points from Colchester & Huddersfield A

In the same season we have lost to Brentford, Tranmere & Orient.

So Im expecting the boys to beat Charlton on Saturday (though we''ll probably lose to Gillingham the week after)

[quote user="Smudger"]Lappin, Doc and Nelson before they undermine his glorious managerial career with Norwich City. How a European Cup winner can''t see that these 3 are not up to the grade is beyond me. Oh possibly add Russell Martin to that![/quote]

So who would you play on Sat Smudger bearing in mind Holt is suspended, Wes & Askou aren''t fit?

[quote user="matt crowhurst"]yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

how any one can suggest dropping any of the three after their performances over the last 6 months is beyond me.

tonights result for me is down to one person and one person only because of his stupidity on Saturday............................Grant Holt.

dont get me wrong Holt has been amazing this season but to pick up a yellow card for deliberate handball because he had lost his temper, in the last game before previous cards got wiped, is just pure crazziness and again, in my opinion, means he doesnt deserve the POS
[/quote]

I have to say I agree with this. No one is doubting his impact he has had but sometimes he needs to think about the team and how we will suffer without him and not get a pointless booking.

"possibly" add Russell Martin to that !!!!!!???!!!!, he should be right at the top of that list.

Its almost like watching Daryl Sutch as his very worst at the moment and if Spillane isn''t better than him it should be a concern from is point of view.

he didnt put a foot right all night tonight and at the momembt I think I''d rather have Otsemebor!

[quote user="Hooleyfan"]Just back in from the game and will agree totally that Nelson and Martin were our poorest performers tonight. Nelson has been weak for a few games now and I would like to see Spillane back but with so little of the season left i cannot see him getting another run. Grant Holt has been brilliant, but the disruption he has caused to our consistency because of his bookings/sending off is the most concerning aspect of our season. Tonight there wasn''t too much in the way of play making. Constant high balls and head tennis made it a very scrappy affair, very little flowing football as the skill level was very poor. Cannot see us getting too much at the Valley, despite our fantastic support.[/quote]He was my (and many others) MOM against Stockport, and a few people gave him it against MK Dons...

This poor(er) form has been going on for quite a few weeks now,but largely we have been getting away with it because we''ve either been sneaking late goals or  seeing other top sides pressing the self-destruct button.

The truth is that when we''ve been missing either Holt or Wes we''ve struggled a bit. Last night,without both of them,frankly ,we looked pretty ordinary. Wes,in particular,has ben a big miss. It''s no coincidence that we''ve taken only 4pts out of the 12 on offer since he''s been out.

I''d agree that ,if we are to make any sort of impact in the Championship ,this side needs some strengthening,but we may be able to do it with players already on the books (eg Askou,Spillane).

[quote user="morty"]Go on then Smudger, astound us, who would we bring in for all these players we drop then?
[/quote]

Now then Morty,Smudger does not have to justify himself to the likes of you as you should well know by know.Oh wise one who i was very near last night just abused Lappin constantly and then grinned at everybody around him as though it was clever and then had the nerve to try and say that Macnamee''s cross that somehow grazed the far post was a stroke of genius and something that Lappin could never do.I hope he was not trying to say that Lappin and Macnamee play identical roles.

Stilll us mere mortals who have no knowledge of the game should bow to his superior understanding of all things football i suppose.

[quote user="PUPs are Citys future ...Norwich"][quote user="Hooleyfan"]Just back in from the game and will agree totally that Nelson and Martin were our poorest performers tonight. Nelson has been weak for a few games now and I would like to see Spillane back but with so little of the season left i cannot see him getting another run. Grant Holt has been brilliant, but the disruption he has caused to our consistency because of his bookings/sending off is the most concerning aspect of our season. Tonight there wasn''t too much in the way of play making. Constant high balls and head tennis made it a very scrappy affair, very little flowing football as the skill level was very poor. Cannot see us getting too much at the Valley, despite our fantastic support.[/quote]He was my (and many others) MOM against Stockport, and a few people gave him it against MK Dons...[/quote]Well said mate... [Y]Nelson has been better than the Doc in most of the games since Christmas defensively.  Yes he has next to zero ability when it comes to distribution but his defending has been pretty sound for a few months now.Both goals last night were mainly down to his partner in crime Doherty, although obviously the many Doc lovers out there will have none of it!

Well Lambert needs to get his finger out then doesn''t he Smudger? Because having been here 8 months he will have to stand up and be counted for playing Doherty sooner rather than later. We can''t blame Worthington, Grant, Roeder and Gunn forever you know. I''m always being told Spillane is better but if he really is then these decisions from Lambert are going to cost us dear.

Unless of course.......

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="morty"]Go on then Smudger, astound us, who would we bring in for all these players we drop then?[/quote]

Now then Morty,Smudger does not have to justify himself to the likes of you as you should well know by know.Oh wise one who i was very near last night just abused Lappin constantly and then grinned at everybody around him as though it was clever and then had the nerve to try and say that Macnamee''s cross that somehow grazed the far post was a stroke of genius and something that Lappin could never do.I hope he was not trying to say that Lappin and Macnamee play identical roles.

Stilll us mere mortals who have no knowledge of the game should bow to his superior understanding of all things football i suppose.

[/quote]haha I hardly said a word against Lappin all night... more of that was coming from your NCISA committee member and my elder brother.It really is posts like this and ego trips (with people wanting to be right) rather than what is right for NCFC which stand in the way of NCISA having a bigger impact from what I see Tilly and why despite being a member I have always wished to remain my own man.  I am sure that when enough of you agree on it you can all jump on the bandwagon and knock which ever player or manager you like - but not before time hey?My criticism last night was not of the player himself, it was of our wonderful manager (who can do no wrong).  A manager who keeps picking a player (plus two or three other players) who are holding the team back from performing to their full potential.  These are calls that many with a decent knowledge of the game have been wanting to see for months and if Gunn, Roeder or Grant were to have looked as clueless as Lambert and his team did last night then they would all have been absolutely crucified on here for it.  I didn''t have to slag Lappin off last night - Lambert finally pulling him off (not before time) and the fans reaction to McNamee when he came on spoke a lot louder than any one individual voice could.Now I am sure that you will want to have the last word on this issue so I will not rise to any further bait.I do believe that Lappin and one or two others are certainly living on borrowed time with regards to their future careers at Norwich City FC though.I think

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Wasn''t it Nelson who lost Thornton for the second goal?[/quote]Not really... from what I saw Doherty was marking absolutely nobody and swivelled on the spot in horror as the ball was lofted easily over his head and right in to the danger area... watch it again - it was pathetic defending by the Doc.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Well Lambert needs to get his finger out then doesn''t he Smudger? Because having been here 8 months he will have to stand up and be counted for playing Doherty sooner rather than later. We can''t blame Worthington, Grant, Roeder and Gunn forever you know. I''m always being told Spillane is better but if he really is then these decisions from Lambert are going to cost us dear.

Unless of course.......

[/quote]He certainly does Nutty - because as the Doc proved under Worthington, Grant, Roeder and Gunn he is always going to struggle at Championship level.The same as Lappin proved under 3 of those managers.On what I have seen I would go for Spillane as first choice right back at the minute.Not sure what the latest is on Askou and if Whitbread still isn''t fully fit then surely Lambert should have brought in Seaborne for approx £50k or another defender in January too?It is looking like if/when we are promoted that Lambert is going to have a hell of a job on his hands during the summer just to give us a steady base at the back to build from.Far too much poor defending this season - something we will not get away with anywhere near as often at a level where a good percentage of the strikers actually know what a goal net is and have some idea how to hit it!

Ahh, next season Smudge.

Next season there will certainly be no hiding place. Doherty can''t be here unless Lambert and McNally take up his contract option. He would then become their player.

Will anyone ever be good enough to avoid the Smudger backlash following defeat?

All this could have been avoided if you had been appointed instead.

Dont mind Nelson and Doherty, both ok at this standard. But Lappin and R.Martin really are absolutely pathetic. Get Spillane in at RB. Mcnamee on the left wing so he doesn''t have to check back inside everytime, Russell and Hughes in CM and Korey Smith RM.

[quote user="morty"]Now we have lost are you going to stop going to matches again Smudger?[;)][/quote]No afraid not... If you let me know where you are I can give you a wave next season? [:P]

[quote user="ncfc90"]Dont mind Nelson and Doherty, both ok at this standard. But Lappin and R.Martin really are absolutely pathetic. Get Spillane in at RB. Mcnamee on the left wing so he doesn''t have to check back inside everytime, Russell and Hughes in CM and Korey Smith RM.[/quote]Think that your midfield is spot on for the next match mate... [Y]I am assuming that this is not your first choice line up when Wes is fit again though???

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Ahh, next season Smudge.

Next season there will certainly be no hiding place. Doherty can''t be here unless Lambert and McNally take up his contract option. He would then become their player.

Will anyone ever be good enough to avoid the Smudger backlash following defeat?

All this could have been avoided if you had been appointed instead.

[/quote]Many players currently do avoid the Smudger backlash mate...  Holty, Chris Martin, Hoolahan (the majority of this season), Oli Johnosn (when he is played from the bench for 20 mins plus), McNamee, Darrell Russell (this season), Korey Smith (who I would have right up there in the player of the season nominations), Drury and Fraser Forster and Declan Rudd to name just a few.You are right that Doherty''s contract is up for renewal and it will be interesting to see what Lambert decides to do with the heart of our defence during the summer.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"]Now we have lost are you going to stop going to matches again Smudger?[;)][/quote]No afraid not... If you let me know where you are I can give you a wave next season? [:P]

[/quote]Upper Barclay block B Row D.I shall give you a wave.Snake pit isn''t it?