Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Volcanic dust

Stranded in Sydney. Earliest flight out Fri 23 - Unlikely to get to Carrow Rd for 3pm Sat. Desperate to join in celebrations.

Latest report from Iceland is that the amount of ash is decreasing and it''s turning into an ordinary eruption with lava, which won''t affect flights.  It seems the ash is caused by the volcano erupting through an icecap, which has mostly melted now  [8-|]

[quote user="canary cherub "]

Latest report from Iceland is that the amount of ash is decreasing and it''s turning into an ordinary eruption with lava, which won''t affect flights.  It seems the ash is caused by the volcano erupting through an icecap, which has mostly melted now  [8-|]

[/quote]

Icecaps are melting ?!?!?! OMFG !  Don''t tell the global warming lobby ! 

Man the lifeboats !!!!  Tell the lads at Salthouse to get the rubber rings out !

damn, do we need an excuse these days not to run a service? and no its not true about the track and ash, some people are a touch gullible. just to add tho, leaves on the line is a bloody serious problem, makes it hard for the train to stop or start coz of lack of friction from mulched leaves. hence ladies and gentlemen the next stop is gunton... no, roughton road... no, cromer, please brace yourself.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Who are the ''global warming lobby''? This one has confused me...[/quote]You know, them what lobby for global warming.  I guess that would be people what owns bed and breakfastses in Yarmouth, and what can''t stand people going to beautiful atolls for their holidays.  Drown the atolls, and Bobs'' your uncle, Fannys'' your aunt, and Bryans the backwards brother nobody knows about in the loft, everybodys happy having a full english with HP and a fried slice down by the Wellington Pier.

sod quito mate,get up into colombia......If you havent been then get a bus up to popoyan (the jerusalem of s.america so they tell you) and then head into Cali......some of the hottest women on the planet....should be some footy on there too.....:P

[quote user="6088m canary"]sod quito mate,get up into colombia......If you havent been then get a bus up to popoyan (the jerusalem of s.america so they tell you) and then head into Cali......some of the hottest women on the planet....should be some footy on there too.....:P[/quote]Unfortunately not able to head north at the moment as I rather go slighty south as I am preparing a 6310 m climb next year.Where r u from 6088m canary? Colombia? ANd why 6088m?

[quote user="Nuff Said"]SI, keep pushing KLM for compensation. BA left me stranded in Athens last year - it took about 20 letters and emails, but in the end I got about 5 times the cost of the ticket in compensation. I think if one end of the flight is in the EU, you''re covered by EU regulation, which is quite clear on what you are due if a flight is cancelled. The act of God thing may mean it doesn''t apply though but I''m sure the massed philosophers of the Pink Un can give you some good reasons why God wasn''t involved! [/quote]I will argue with them . Don t you worry about it. Its very clear that we are entitled to at least food and accomodation, but they trying here to use local rules. As you said European airline, flying to Europe, European laws.My original flight was to be back on the 16 April just in time to go to Charlton. Now I am booked for the 1st May. but will be flying to PAnama City to catch up an earlier plane to Amsterdam then Norwich. Hoping to make the last game of the season.

The dust is decreasing, but there are lava rocks coming out of Eyjafjallajökull who are as big as jeeps. The ash might cancel all schools in Reykjavik next Friday, as it will probably be the first time it hits Reykjavik. But there is still lots of ash being pumped out of the volcano. You asked for cash, but got ash!!!! (There is no C in Icelandic alphabet).

Best regards from Aisurando

[quote user="Iceland_Canary"]. You asked for cash, but got ash!!!! (There is no C in Icelandic alphabet).

Best regards from Aisurando[/quote]Very good  [;)]

Life is starting to return to normal for the people in Ipswich for the first time in nearly a century now that regular sightings of "the big scary metal dragons in the sky" have suddenly stopped.

[quote user="Nuff Said"]SI, keep pushing KLM for compensation. BA left me stranded in Athens last year - it took about 20 letters and emails, but in the end I got about 5 times the cost of the ticket in compensation. I think if one end of the flight is in the EU, you''re covered by EU regulation, which is quite clear on what you are due if a flight is cancelled. The act of God thing may mean it doesn''t apply though but I''m sure the massed philosophers of the Pink Un can give you some good reasons why God wasn''t involved!
[/quote]

If you take a Nietzschean standpoint, you can simply argue that God is dead. Although getting stranded where you are, sounds rather a blessing in disguise.

[quote user="spencer 1970"]is that really true about the train lines? damn!! It will add at least 5 mins onto my journey if i have to get the bus from Greenwich! or even 20 mins if i walk it! (makes up for the 5 hours there and back for a home game though)[/quote]

Can''t believe people are actually buying this!

Looks as if Peter Griffin wasn''t that stupid buying volcano insurance with ''Lois''s rainy day fund''

[quote user="SI"][quote user="6088m canary"]sod quito mate,get up into colombia......If you havent been then get a bus up to popoyan (the jerusalem of s.america so they tell you) and then head into Cali......some of the hottest women on the planet....should be some footy on there too.....:P[/quote]Unfortunately not able to head north at the moment as I rather go slighty south as I am preparing a 6310 m climb next year.Where r u from 6088m canary? Colombia? ANd why 6088m?[/quote]used to work in Cali, Colombia. Great place, amazing people.....6088m as its the highest ive climbed up to so far (Huayna Potosi in Bolivia).If you are in Quito there is a great hostel in the newer part of town.  Its called the secret garden i think (2007 and cant really rely on my memory from those days : P :).They have a cuba libre night 3 times a week.....huge bucket of rum and coke and each punter chucks a dollar in to drink it....Also fairly high chance of the other form of cola too if you catch my drift....

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[quote user="SI"]To all of you who are celebrating, please have a thought to the few canaries fans stuck a long way from Carrow Road.

I have just been told that they may be able to fly me back on the 27th of April. My original flight was supposed to depart on the 15 April.

Enjoy it.

From Quito, Ecuador, South America. All the best.

"Hey hombre , una cerveza por favor."[B] [B] [B] [B] [B][/quote]

What''s it like in Quito?

Isn''t it the highest capital in the world?

More to the point, what are the women like and are there any decent pubs?

[/quote]

Head to Caracas, young man, head to Caracas!

OTBC

[quote user="6088m canary"][quote user="SI"][quote user="6088m canary"]sod quito mate,get up into colombia......If you havent been then get a bus up to popoyan (the jerusalem of s.america so they tell you) and then head into Cali......some of the hottest women on the planet....should be some footy on there too.....:P[/quote]Unfortunately not able to head north at the moment as I rather go slighty south as I am preparing a 6310 m climb next year.Where r u from 6088m canary? Colombia? ANd why 6088m?[/quote]used to work in Cali, Colombia. Great place, amazing people.....6088m as its the highest ive climbed up to so far (Huayna Potosi in Bolivia).If you are in Quito there is a great hostel in the newer part of town.  Its called the secret garden i think (2007 and cant really rely on my memory from those days : P :).They have a cuba libre night 3 times a week.....huge bucket of rum and coke and each punter chucks a dollar in to drink it....Also fairly high chance of the other form of cola too if you catch my drift....

[/quote]6088m thanks for the info. Will try to locate this Secret Garden tomorrow....but I have now a flight back for Sunday. Will not miss last match at home. Yupee....

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

[quote user="SI"]To all of you who are celebrating, please have a thought to the few canaries fans stuck a long way from Carrow Road.

I have just been told that they may be able to fly me back on the 27th of April. My original flight was supposed to depart on the 15 April.

Enjoy it.

From Quito, Ecuador, South America. All the best.

"Hey hombre , una cerveza por favor."[B] [B] [B] [B] [B][/quote]

What''s it like in Quito?

Isn''t it the highest capital in the world?

More to the point, what are the women like and are there any decent pubs?

[/quote]

Head to Caracas, young man, head to Caracas!

OTBC

[/quote]

I don''t think I qualify as a young man at the age of 50, but I would still like to know why I should head to Caracas.  Please provide as much detail as possible.