Sign in to follow this  
hubbly

Why we won't go up this year....

I am a regular poster but don''t want to get the wrath of the board. I beleive that we wont go up and here is why.

First, and I was trying to post this last week is that Grant Holt was obviously going to get booked against MK. We lose him for 2 games. We will lose them both.

Second, I know on very good authority that Hoolahan is out for the season. As last year the club are hushing it up. he has a torn quad and wont feature again.

Without Holt last time Wes came into his own. He wont now.

We need the diamond to defeat defensive teams. It gives us width when our full backs can overlap as our midfield are narrow. Anthony cannot give us this.

And, I can reveal that Drury is out for three weeks after the MK game.

We wont beat Orient, or Charlton. Our only chance is for Leeds Swindon or Millwall to lose two of their remaining games...which I don''t believe they will.

We will lose in the playoffs.

So that''s it. I''ll bump this thread as we slip further down the the league.

We will go up this year, but for the reasons you give it will not be as straight forward/easy as we hoped.Lambert WILL take us up!

[quote user="hubbly"]I am a regular poster but don''t want to get the wrath of the board. I beleive that we wont go up and here is why.

First, and I was trying to post this last week is that Grant Holt was obviously going to get booked against MK. We lose him for 2 games. We will lose them both.

Second, I know on very good authority that Hoolahan is out for the season. As last year the club are hushing it up. he has a torn quad and wont feature again.

Without Holt last time Wes came into his own. He wont now.

We need the diamond to defeat defensive teams. It gives us width when our full backs can overlap as our midfield are narrow. Anthony cannot give us this.

And, I can reveal that Drury is out for three weeks after the MK game.

We wont beat Orient, or Charlton. Our only chance is for Leeds Swindon or Millwall to lose two of their remaining games...which I don''t believe they will.

We will lose in the playoffs.

So that''s it. I''ll bump this thread as we slip further down the the league.[/quote]Quality post!  [<:o)]

[quote user="hubbly"]I am a regular poster but don''t want to get the wrath of the board. I beleive that we wont go up and here is why. First, and I was trying to post this last week is that Grant Holt was obviously going to get booked against MK. We lose him for 2 games. We will lose them both. Second, I know on very good authority that Hoolahan is out for the season. As last year the club are hushing it up. he has a torn quad and wont feature again. Without Holt last time Wes came into his own. He wont now. We need the diamond to defeat defensive teams. It gives us width when our full backs can overlap as our midfield are narrow. Anthony cannot give us this. And, I can reveal that Drury is out for three weeks after the MK game. We wont beat Orient, or Charlton. Our only chance is for Leeds Swindon or Millwall to lose two of their remaining games...which I don''t believe they will. We will lose in the playoffs. So that''s it. I''ll bump this thread as we slip further down the the league.[/quote]after reading this post the clown music from the circus came into my head.

Tosser only need 6 points, we will have at least 4 by next Saturday.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="hubbly"]I am a regular poster but don''t want to get the wrath of the board. I beleive that we wont go up and here is why. First, and I was trying to post this last week is that Grant Holt was obviously going to get booked against MK. We lose him for 2 games. We will lose them both. Second, I know on very good authority that Hoolahan is out for the season. As last year the club are hushing it up. he has a torn quad and wont feature again. Without Holt last time Wes came into his own. He wont now. We need the diamond to defeat defensive teams. It gives us width when our full backs can overlap as our midfield are narrow. Anthony cannot give us this. And, I can reveal that Drury is out for three weeks after the MK game. We wont beat Orient, or Charlton. Our only chance is for Leeds Swindon or Millwall to lose two of their remaining games...which I don''t believe they will. We will lose in the playoffs. So that''s it. I''ll bump this thread as we slip further down the the league.[/quote]after reading this post the clown music from the circus came into my head.[/quote]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8vINCq_IAI

[quote user="hubbly"]I am a regular poster but don''t want to get the wrath of the board. I beleive that we wont go up and here is why. First, and I was trying to post this last week is that Grant Holt was obviously going to get booked against MK. We lose him for 2 games. We will lose them both. Second, I know on very good authority that Hoolahan is out for the season. As last year the club are hushing it up. he has a torn quad and wont feature again. Without Holt last time Wes came into his own. He wont now. We need the diamond to defeat defensive teams. It gives us width when our full backs can overlap as our midfield are narrow. Anthony cannot give us this. And, I can reveal that Drury is out for three weeks after the MK game. We wont beat Orient, or Charlton. Our only chance is for Leeds Swindon or Millwall to lose two of their remaining games...which I don''t believe they will. We will lose in the playoffs. So that''s it. I''ll bump this thread as we slip further down the the league.[/quote]

Hello Spain Boy..............

[quote user="pete"]Tosser only need 6 points, we will have at least 4 by next Saturday.[/quote]I wouldnt expect 4 from Orient and Charlton away, but I reckon we have more than enough.Either way, hopefully the OP will reveal their true identity once we go up [;)]The only odds you can get on Norwich to go up are 1/100, you must be able to get at least 25/1 on us not going up if you went to a bookie! I just hope your not someone who knows full well we are very likely to go up, but would just like to say they were right all along if the worst should happen.

[quote user="Disco Stu"]Regular poster with a grand total of one post. Mug.[/quote]Im assuming hes created a new username..I too have heard Hoolahan is out for the season, but I think we are just too far away now. It might not be 8 points by the end of the season, but im sure it will be enough [:)]

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="pete"]Tosser only need 6 points, we will have at least 4 by next Saturday.[/quote]I wouldnt expect 4 from Orient and Charlton away, but I reckon we have more than enough.Either way, hopefully the OP will reveal their true identity once we go up [;)]The only odds you can get on Norwich to go up are 1/100, you must be able to get at least 25/1 on us not going up if you went to a bookie! I just hope your not someone who knows full well we are very likely to go up, but would just like to say they were right all along if the worst should happen.[/quote]My money''s on Gunny......

I think elliot will be fine to replace Holt for 2 games. Holt still hasn''t come back full strength from his last suspension in my eyes and Chris M will come into his own this time.Oli will replace Wes and will be more than enough for these last few games. We are not playing our best at the moment or at least not getting things to go the way we want them every game but we will grind out the points now.

[quote user="Yellow Shirt"]I think elliot will be fine to replace Holt for 2 games. Holt still hasn''t come back full strength from his last suspension in my eyes and Chris M will come into his own this time.
Oli will replace Wes and will be more than enough for these last few games.
We are not playing our best at the moment or at least not getting things to go the way we want them every game but we will grind out the points now.
[/quote]The crap officials dont help at all

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="pete"]Tosser only need 6 points, we will have at least 4 by next Saturday.[/quote]

I wouldnt expect 4 from Orient and Charlton away, but I reckon we have more than enough.

Either way, hopefully the OP will reveal their true identity once we go up [;)]

The only odds you can get on Norwich to go up are 1/100, you must be able to get at least 25/1 on us not going up if you went to a bookie! I just hope your not someone who knows full well we are very likely to go up, but would just like to say they were right all along if the worst should happen.
[/quote]

My money''s on Gunny......
[/quote]sounds like painboy

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Do we need 6 or 7, I keep Reading different things!?[/quote]Any team in third as of today can only get 92 pts if they win all their games. We have 86 pts, so7 points would make promotion certain.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]Do we need 6 or 7, I keep Reading different things!?[/quote]7 to be sure. But see Yankee Canarys thread below for a good analysis.

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="pete"]Tosser only need 6 points, we will have at least 4 by next Saturday.[/quote]I wouldnt expect 4 from Orient and Charlton away, but I reckon we have more than enough.Either way, hopefully the OP will reveal their true identity once we go up [;)]The only odds you can get on Norwich to go up are 1/100, you must be able to get at least 25/1 on us not going up if you went to a bookie! I just hope your not someone who knows full well we are very likely to go up, but would just like to say they were right all along if the worst should happen.[/quote]My money''s on Gunny......[/quote]My moneys on one of the usual suspects who seek attention on here. They will ensure their real username is kept anonymous if we go up, but will reveal who they are should we not go up, just so they can have the pleasure of saying they knew it all along, and how right they are.

I should have a good laugh at this, but I''m actually going to take the bait. Let''s assume that the OP is right about Hoolahan and Drury for the moment :

1.Why is there an assumption that just because we don''t have Wes we will lose virtually every game? Yes, we''ve not played brilliantly against Stockport and MK, but we''ve created a large number of chances and could have just as easily knocked in five in both games to win comfortably. We''re hardly playing like a bottom half side, are we?

2. Despite the criticism on here, Michael Rose deputised for Drury pretty effectively and figured in wins in 5 of his 7 starts, including Huddersfield away.

3. Forster is back on Tuesday and Holt is back for the last three, although, once again, we did OK when he was out before.

We only need pretty indiffferent results to go up from hereon in.We are not a one, two or even three man team, and to suggest otherwise is a slur on some very talented and committed players.

I''d like to think that the OP is a troll, but one thing he certainly isn''t is a Norwich City fan.

What''s happened to Drury?  Unfortunately I couldn''t make the match Saturday but did follow it online.  I read that there was a moment when he was viciously tackled and was hobbling but thought that he managed to run it off.Has he actually been injured?

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[quote user="hubbly"]I am a regular poster but don''t want to get the wrath of the board. I beleive that we wont go up and here is why. First, and I was trying to post this last week is that Grant Holt was obviously going to get booked against MK. We lose him for 2 games. We will lose them both. Second, I know on very good authority that Hoolahan is out for the season. As last year the club are hushing it up. he has a torn quad and wont feature again. Without Holt last time Wes came into his own. He wont now. We need the diamond to defeat defensive teams. It gives us width when our full backs can overlap as our midfield are narrow. Anthony cannot give us this. And, I can reveal that Drury is out for three weeks after the MK game. We wont beat Orient, or Charlton. Our only chance is for Leeds Swindon or Millwall to lose two of their remaining games...which I don''t believe they will. We will lose in the playoffs. So that''s it. I''ll bump this thread as we slip further down the the league.[/quote]

Hello Spain Boy..............

[/quote]

No - surely it''s Selwyn!