Sign in to follow this  
Butterbean_Canary

The Sun's Player Ratings.....

I was in the barbers last night waiting to get my hair cut and I was looking in the Sun newspaper that they had on the table,

I was not at the game on Saturday but it sounded like our defence was pretty awesome. I went to the football pull out and was reading the team of the week and also the player ratings, who the hell did the player ratings for our game!?!?

They gave the Doc a 7 and the rest of our defence a 6!

But this was not even the worst part.... they gave Kandol a fcuking 3!! How??? The man was on for 40seconds and didn''t touch the ball!

As an entrant in the Sun Dream Team competition for a number of seasons, their ratings are a constant source of amusement/amazement to me. In some cases, it is almost like they''ve been listening to Steve Claridge.

It maybe that the Sun is about the only national that doesn''t have it''s own reporters at a game. They use ''copy'' bought in from freelances or often just lift stuff from other reports.

You might then understand why so much of their sports ''coverage'' is world exclusives ie puff sent over from the publicity people of a player''s agent.

Costs nothing other than layout and fills pages. But then you get what you pay for. Rather like buying a 19p, 2 litre bottle of Happy Shopper cola and wondering why it doesn''t taste the same.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]Spot on City 1st. Doc was worth a 9 easily on Saturday for that performance.[/quote]

We fared a little bit better in the News of the World with the Doc getting a 9, MOM and in team of the weekend, all other defenders got a 7 (I think) and so did Russell.

its the sun...what do you expect???? Lampard only has to touch the ball 3 times in a game and he gets star man!!! geeeze

the back 4 were worth 9s and Doc a 10...he had Beckford in his pocket all game