Sign in to follow this  
ASHTONS DAD SIMMO

Good news Newcatsle will be going up.

With Newcastle going up into the Premiership, I hope that they will not need Fraser Forster for the season.

I reckon that had they stayed in the Championship next year they might have given Fraser a chance, at least as their number two. I hope that Chris Houghton wants the big man to get another season or two under his belt with a club that looks after him and is doing well, ie. us.

After a few seasons of inconsistent goalkeepers, I for one firmly believe that we are where we are due to Fraser Forster giving confidence to the defence who then in turn give the midfielders confidence to attack.

A great loan signing and hopefully a season long one again next year to give him the experience to go on to be one of the best in the country. One thing is for certain, Newcastle won''t be selling him anytime soon.

Simmo

Would love to see Forster stay on another seasons loan, but I somehow think he will be recalled to Newcastle, and who could blame them?

He''s been a fantastic player for us, and is one of the team, I now consider him an temporary canary

Granted, but I just hope that as they were prepared to loan him for this season and their circumstances have changed for the better, they might consider the Premiership too much of a step for him, even as number 2.

I think Newcastle would be silly to loan him to another club in the Championship as we''ve proved that we look after him and he enjoys the area, club and facilities.

Not only that, we''ll get a share of their unused parachute payment *if* we go up to the Champ.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Our own "Geordie Two Clubs"  WILL be pleased[Y]

[/quote]

Yeah, ok....if you say so....inbred fen gibbon......Now, give me a high six.

Harper is not getting any younger so he might not find himself no3 at Newcastle next season, although if they do indeed go up as now seems inevitable I would imagine Toon would stump up for a more experienced "name".  David James and possibly Robert Green could well fit the bill.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]He''s number 3 at the toon, is it really in anybody''s best interest to have him not even sitting on the bench up there?[/quote]Hardly even that apparently. They have a young ''un out of their academy coming through called "Jak Alnwick" (Ben''s brother oddly enough) that many are touting as their future number one, and if reports and opinions are to be believed from up there then he''s likely to be ahead of Forster within the next season or so.With Fraser bottom of the list behind Harper, and Alnwick and Krul (both of which younger than him) i don''t see why we shouldn''t be able to bring him in on a permenant deal, should up to 500K (being the very most) in transfer funds be available to us.