Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Who should we keep of the 3 loanees?

We''ve got Elliott, Fraser and Rose on loan.

Which of them should we be hanging on to?

Well if there''s a chance we can re-sign Fraser for another season that has to be number 1 priority.

Elliott no thanks. Nothing much against him but i think both Cody and Holly deserve their chance at the higher level.

Rose? I find that a really difficult call because we just don''t know enough about Wiggins. I''d like to think Drury with Wiggo as cover would be enough and we that we could use our cash more wisely elsewhere than on Rose. Maybe ask Bournemouth fans what they reckon but the fact that he can perform in league 2 doesn''t tell us much.

Forster without doubt, if there was any chance.

The other two im not really fussed about. I think Wiggins, provided he can stay fit (which he appears to be showing at the mo with Bournemouth) is more than adequate back up to Drury. Wiggins has represented Wlaes U21 so he''s not completely useless!

Forster would be superb in the champs.

Elliott I have not seen enough of, but as yet he does not interest me - its clear that Lambert wants some pace up front,  we may learn more over the coming weeks.

Rose has done a sterling job when we needed him - a good old fashioned loan covering an injury.  Done dusted and cheerio come the end of the season

Forster would be graet for next season, assuming promotion.

But for how long do we deny Rudd his chance? Another spell on the bench for him, or do we loan him out for 10/11 as well?

Would like to see Whiggins given a chance as cover for Drury.

Don''t know about Elliott yet.

Rose-thanks, done a great job, heres (we hope!) your League 1 medal...all the best son!

Only Fraser for me, Rose would be way out of his depth in the Champs and Elliot has yet to prove himself a "new" player after his career took a backwards step.

[quote user="a1canary"]We''ve got Elliott, Fraser and Rose on loan. Which of them should we be hanging on to? Well if there''s a chance we can re-sign Fraser for another season that has to be number 1 priority. Elliott no thanks. Nothing much against him but i think both Cody and Holly deserve their chance at the higher level. Rose? I find that a really difficult call because we just don''t know enough about Wiggins. I''d like to think Drury with Wiggo as cover would be enough and we that we could use our cash more wisely elsewhere than on Rose. Maybe ask Bournemouth fans what they reckon but the fact that he can perform in league 2 doesn''t tell us much.[/quote]

Foster for me ! he is a must sign !

I''d also go with just Forster out of the three.Rose has been erratic and at times totally outclassed, and as for Elliott and his pace - I''m fairly sure Cody is just as quick, just far less experienced, but I''d rather give him the chance than sign a guy who''s been virtually absent for the last 5-6 years...

Has to be Forster, however unlikely that this will happen.

Elliott has pace and good positioning, but shown little else so far.

Rose had one good game, but has otherwise looked a little iffy. Good LBs don''t grow on trees however, and if Wiggins is not thought to be up to it we may have to keep Rose.

Forster is the obvious choice but I can''t see it happening, that''s the annoying thing about loan signings, the better they perform with you the less chance you have of singing them.

I don''t think Rose or Elliot have done enough for us to sign them on a perm.

Forster only, as far as I''m concerned. As to the LB and striker, I''m sure there are better candidates out there who wouldn''t break the bank. As I''ve said before, I trust Lambo''s judgment implicitly, so what ever he decides to do should be the right decision.

[quote user="Pablo Picarsole"]Forster only, as far as I''m concerned. As to the LB and striker, I''m sure there are better candidates out there who wouldn''t break the bank. As I''ve said before, I trust Lambo''s judgment implicitly, so what ever he decides to do should be the right decision.[/quote]Spot on Pablo, and rumours are running the rounds that if Newcastle get promoted they will be willing to loan him back to us for the season if we make the championship.

Forster would be the main one for me. Elliott is still only 26 and did have 2 very good seasons at Sunderland and has looked sharpe for us with a couple of goals. The size of the fee would be key no more than £250000 imo. Rose has battled hard and not let himself down but he is in his late 20s and i think he would find the jump hard, although if signed he would not cost much and would be understudy to Drury

It seems to me that Cody remains too raw for Lambert just now - hence taking a stab at elliott.  He has made sub and start appearances which tells us where Lamberts thoughts on codys pace aare concerned.

Forster - yes, impressive season, but would like to see Dec given more games, which would be hard without us being in the JPT. Very tough decision and will ultimately come down to finance. Yes Forster is good but we shouldn''t get ripped off to keep him (bearing in mind he could get injured at any time!)

Rose - solid and was great cover for Drury, with some valuable assists. This one is 50/50 for me, but I would say that he won''t be likely to get gametime while Drury is fit. Again, if he is cheap (I mean free transfer and minimal wages) then sign him up, if not he would have to be sent back in my opinion.

Elliot - made a decent goalscoring impression but didn''t do much against Leeds. I think he would cost a bit to keep so if I was manager I wouldn''t sign him. I''d say the money could be better spent on someone else.

agree forster is an unlikely permanent signing but there has to be a chance that we could land him on another season long loan.

if we can do that everyone''s a winner because he gets to step up to the champ and continue his education while newcastle are in the prem, and we get a great keeper and starting point for our assault on the championship!

If we have even the slightest chance of getting Forster back next season, even if only on loan, we should snatch at it. Can''t we sell Tudor-Jones & Gill into the white slave trade to pay for him? That would at least pay for the taxi fare from Newcastle anyway.