Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Anywhere in Leicester

Does anybody on here live in Leicester and know of any pubs - preferably out of town and on the east side of the city - that will be showing the game as I will find myself here on Friday night.

The alternative will be to travel to Tranmere?

[quote user="The Great Drinkell"]

Does anybody on here live in Leicester and know of any pubs - preferably out of town and on the east side of the city - that will be showing the game as I will find myself here on Friday night.

The alternative will be to travel to Tranmere?

[/quote]

My house is! in Oakham (about 15 miles east of Leic)

Little off topic, but you know the riot thing at Leicester, well does that now mean we have some sort of rivalry? Or do they hate us?

[quote user="jbghost"]The Oadby Owl on the A6 going out of the city shows Sky Sports. Can''t guarantee they have the city match though.[/quote]Not too nice a pub though, The Old Library in Oadby has Sky Sports as well, so they might be showing it.If you travel down the A6 a little bit further into the city, only a 5 min drive from Oadby, you could park by Victoria Park and watch it in Varsity or The Loaded Dog...both of which are student pubs, but won''t be full of students because everyone will have gone home.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Oh christ, Drinkell - you''re responsible for ''Nana?!? Shame on you, man... [;)][:P]
[/quote]

yeah im all his fault [:P]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

He  looks a bit mean to me young Nana[:S]

I think your dad would be safer in the pub[;)]

[/quote]

ha ha see what you mean NN, i''ll give my old man the advice [;)]

[quote user="Brendo "]Little off topic, but you know the riot thing at Leicester, well does that now mean we have some sort of rivalry? Or do they hate us?
[/quote]

THREAD HIJACK ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Oh christ, Drinkell - you''re responsible for ''Nana?!? Shame on you, man... [;)][:P]
[/quote]

And I suppose you were never 17 and had too much time on your hands? Generally he''s a good lad honest - oh apart from the state of his bedroom. (there that should embarrass him)

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="jbghost"]The Oadby Owl on the A6 going out of the city shows Sky Sports. Can''t guarantee they have the city match though.[/quote]

Not too nice a pub though, The Old Library in Oadby has Sky Sports as well, so they might be showing it.

If you travel down the A6 a little bit further into the city, only a 5 min drive from Oadby, you could park by Victoria Park and watch it in Varsity or The Loaded Dog...both of which are student pubs, but won''t be full of students because everyone will have gone home.
[/quote]

This is one of the reasons I moved away from Leicester oh sorry it''s a pub not the women I met in a night club.[:$] Actually this might be a good shout, JGBhost are you likely to be in there?

Brother lived there for a year at braunstone,and the cats whiskers was the place to go as it was a pub/club and showed footy!..But that was 10 years ago so may not be there anymore

The Great Drinkel - I''ll be at Tranmere. My daughter is a student at University of Leicester and lives in Halls at Oadby which is how I know about the pub. You live in Leicester? Often call in at Oadby to pick her up for away games. If I have space in the car you are always welcome to join us.

A lovely offer Jbg and one that is appreciated, I actually live in Norfolk but the in laws and family live in Leicester. Unfortunately my nephew had a bit of a spill on his bike and has been in hospital so we are calling back to see him and the family for a few days.- My sister has sky but she''s going away on holiday so am stuck on where to watch the match.

Enjoy Tranmere