Sign in to follow this  
CaptnCanary

Sky Sports in Shropshire???

Hi. I recently moved to a village called Cockshutt that is about 5 miles south of Ellesmere (not Ellesmere Port) and about 10 miles north of Shrewsbury. I need to find a pub to watch the Tranmere game on Friday but have been struggling to locate one from internet searches. Can anybody help me out with finding a pub or does anybody know of anywhere I can see Sky Sports in my area? Cheers

If its not already a wind-up, good luck with getting people to get past the fact you''ve moved to a village called Cockshutt.... snigger...

I used to live in Telford and used to drive through Cockshutt every monday on my way to collect cash from the fruit machines in the pubs in Ellesmere and off the top of my head probably your best bet is The Cellar bar (if thats still open) other than that the hotel in the middle of the town just over the road and down from the cellar might be showing it, ot there is a nice butchers in the centre

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]If its not already a wind-up, good luck with getting people to get past the fact you''ve moved to a village called Cockshutt.... snigger...
[/quote]

Its no joke mate. My neighbour is also currently planning the 2nd Annual ''Cockfest'' (Cockshutt Music Festival) to the amusement of many!

Thanks DDD - I will have to try those places you suggest.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]If its not already a wind-up, good luck with getting people to get past the fact you''ve moved to a village called Cockshutt.... snigger...
[/quote]

you should get out more, this place is real

I moved on 14 January. I find that when giving my address out I am compelled to always spell Cockshutt just so that the person doesn''t think they mis-heard me!

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]I moved on 14 January. I find that when giving my address out I am compelled to always spell Cockshutt just so that the person doesn''t think they mis-heard me![/quote]

Many years ago I used to take ponies to our stables in (Lickey End) saying that name raised a laugh now and then