Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

£18M?? That'll do Delia!

I see Delia is worth an estimated £18M.  I reckon that should be enough for the January sales!!

Seriously though, I would hate to even contemplate Norwich City without Delia and Michael.  They have been so good to us and we owe them such a huge debt (metaphorically speaking I hope!)

Long live our Delia

[quote]I see Delia is worth an estimated £18M. I reckon that should be enough for the January sales!! Seriously though, I would hate to even contemplate Norwich City without Delia and Michael. They have b...[/quote]

DD: I have to be very careful how I word this.

I am the first to salute Delia, for her amazing support and love of our club.

But has she actually given the club anything?. Was not the money she invested, loans, which have to be paid back?.

Yes, she bought us valuable time, when we needed it, and without her generous help, we would have been truly bu**ered.

But I think you''ll find we are in financial debt to her.

And although there is no way we can compare her to Chase, we are now back to square one. In that, she and her husband, now own over 50% of the club shares.

And I well remember that was the big argument raging during the Chase regime!. 

[quote]DD: I have to be very careful how I word this. I am the first to salute Delia, for her amazing support and love of our club. But has she actually given the club anything?. Was not the money she in...[/quote]

I''m pretty sure Wiz that she has cancelled Norwich City''s debt to her.  When she sells her shares to someone else we won''t have to pay her back the £X million she''s paid to us

[quote]I''m pretty sure Wiz that she has cancelled Norwich City''s debt to her. When she sells her shares to someone else we won''t have to pay her back the £X million she''s paid to us[/quote]

You beat me to it DDiM. The 7million quid (I believe) was a loan, but she has been quoted somewhere that it has been written off and doesn''t expect to get any of it back.

[quote]I''m pretty sure Wiz that she has cancelled Norwich City''s debt to her. When she sells her shares to someone else we won''t have to pay her back the £X million she''s paid to us[/quote]

If that is the case DD, and I have no real reason to doubt a poster of your standing. I will of course, take my hat off to her.

I still have some reservation''s on the 50% plus share issue, but I will agree with you, that it''s better that she is here, than some I could care to mention!.

Oh, s*d it!. Sheepshank''s for example, and that Portsmouth chap!.

FW - you could say she does on a grand scale what many of the supporters have done themselves - put in their own money, at risk, which is technically redeemable, but unlikely to be so.

In return there are some benefits. Discounts for fans. Some privileges too. In her case, she gets to have a big say in how the club runs - and she gets a nice seat. What fans get - but far grander.

Seeing as you don''t appear to particularly favour this benevolence - what is your preferred option.

We''ve seen in recent actions that Delia is a responsible board member who dearly loves the club, and acts in the best interest of the club. Why on Earth you are worried about her owning more than 50% of the clubs shares, I do not know. If she is willing to donate £7m to our cause, she is hardly likely to put the club in any sort of jeopardy be it financially or as a result of her actions at a board level.I''ve never heard anyone even remotely as doom and gloom as you 1st Wizard. You are always the first to bring an element of negativity to the discussion, and quite frankly I find it tiresome.Delia is irreplacable to Norwich City FC, and I also believe that Norwich City FC is irreplacable to Delia Smith.

[quote]Usual curmudgeonly humbug style response from Ist Wizard. What did the Romans ever do for us?![/quote]

Shortfatb: Apart from £7 million quid....Higher national profile for the Club..... Superb restaurant...... Loans left, right and centre to the club.....Attending almost every game ...... taking the mick at Poorman Road..... And a trusted loyal servant to City.

What has Delia ever done for us?.

OK?.

Dom Jay: Try reading my post again, carefully. I was more than complimentary to Delia, I believe. You clearly suffer from a selective memory loss my friend.

The point regarding shares, was the key argument brought up by the embryonic The City Independent Supporters chaps, during the ''Chase Out'' campaign, and not one of my idea''s at all.

As I attended quite a few of these gatherings, I know this for a fact!.

I''m not sure if their policy has shifted on this now, but back them, they were quite adamant that no one individual should have overall control of the club. I assume Delia''s hubby won''t ever be voting against her, yes?, if push ever came to shove.

That is a policy I happen to agree with, that''s all. And is not in any way, a personal attack on her.

My point was that you seem to think that Delia will suddenly flip and use her 50+% sharehold to the detriment of Norwich City FC.

I was merely stating that she won''t.

Chase was a completely different matter.

I don''t see Delia doing such a thing, given her track record.

IRO my selective memory, I only read the threads that interest me. I haven''t once come across a post from you that has given me the impression that you are anything other than a doom and gloom merchant!

Delia and hubby converted a lot of their loans into share so that the club didnt have to pay interest to her on loans outstanding and it also effectively made the club''s balance sheet appear a lot healthier.

I dont think it''s really in the interest of any football club to be owned by lots of individuals either just as its not healthy for one person to own 100% of the club.If you had 20 people all owning 5% of the club then sooner or later one of those 20 will decide they want a controlling interest anyway and will buy enough shares off the others to give them control. Look at Man Utd at the moment..no one has a controlling interest but alot of the shareholders WANT a controlling interest and they end up squabbling over it.

Although Delia and hubby have a controlling interest( i think they own 51% of the shares) they are at least in it for the pleasure of helping a club they support dearly. Not like the previous owner we used to have.

We are never ever going to be in a position again where a little investment at Xmas might bring us the Premier league title as was the case just over a decade ago.

I hope NCFC supporters never forget how little he cared for the club and the team!