Sign in to follow this  
wrathsajoke

charlton tickets

[quote user="ridgeman"]I certainly do not retain away tickets for a year after a game![/quote]Without wishing to sound flippant or anything like that surely the answer here is, in fact, to make an effort to retain your stubs?  It''s not hard and we all know how the system works.

[quote user="Mister Gee-Bee"][quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="farley"]This has been done to death before.

I have been to 15 away games this season, but I am only a member (choose to spend my hard earned on away games as I enjoy them more) but I am in the same category as a season ticket holder who hasn''t been to an away game this season. I''m most probably going to miss out on Charlton and (more gutted) Bristol Rovers even though I''ve been to places like Carlisle, Hartlepool, Exeter and Swindon (JPT). It''s the way the system works, and I''ve been lucky in the past when others have not!

I suppose this is what happens when we are successful. In recent seasons there has been little need for a detailed allocations policy. However, what annoys me is that Season ticket holders (who already have a home ticket) can buy tickets for home matches the same time as members. A cunning ploy to get money out of supporters by hoping they''ll buy a super membership.

Oh well, I probably should have bought an away season ticket this season but I think the wife may have killed me!!!
[/quote]

But who has made a significant contribution to the Club''s finances by coughing up the money for every home game.

[/quote]

Have to say I agree with farley here on both issues.

The priority group disparity has always been a gripe of mine, and by the by I''m speaking as an away season ticket holder for this season and former home season ticket holder and regular away traveller for many seasons. I think away travellers like farley should be rewarded for their efforts with a priority group of their own, bumping season ticket holders with no stubs down to group 4, members with no stubs down to 5, and general sale down to 6. Especially in recent seasons where we''ve had a waiting list on season tickets, so members couldn''t easily upgrade.

A habitual season ticket holder that doesn''t bother with most aways (and there are plenty of those), has to do bugger all to earn their group place; the majority have little to travel, they needn''t do anything to have their seat renewed, they dont have the hassle of ringing for (away or home) tickets, and their £30-odd quid gets taken automatically out of their bank account each month. Not forgetting that this sum works out at a reduced rate for each game, compared to the casual price for the same seat.

A member that does many aways has to put in considerable time, money and effort in attending matches up and down the country, with the added cost that travel incurs, and the pressure to maintain their ''Ten Stubs Club'' membership each and every season in order not to drop down a priority group. Barring concessions rates for those that apply, they don''t get discounted prices either. And they will always have the hassle of applying for every game they go to, home or away.

How is it fair that a season ticket holder can jump into the same group for one key match, when a member has had to put in a real shift all season for the priviledge?

Farley''s other point about season ticket holders getting the same application date is something I hadn''t really considered as much, but totally agree on. It does make a mockery of having the membership at all, forcing people to pay double to ''go super''. Season ticket holders already have the priviledge of a guaranteed seat for every home game, so why can''t they be forced to wait a couple more days to apply for extras for mates, to give members at least some crumbs of comfort?

[/quote]

You hit the nail on the head...who puts most money into NCFC coffers? Away fans or season ticket holders?

Mister Gee-Bee I understand your gripe about ST holders but some, like me, travel a long way to get to Carrow Road for home games. Why shouldn''t we want to go to the away games that are closer to us? I cannot afford - time or money - to do all home and away games, so go to away games when I can. I used to be in the ST priority group with 5 stubs until it was scrapped. I have held an away season ticket in the past but found the expense unmanageable so had to choose - home ST won. No I don''t have the hassle of buying tickets for games or needing to ring up and renew BUT I am guaranteeing the club income, why shouldn''t I and other ST holders be rewarded for that in the current priority group? At least we have a system we understand even if not everyone is happy with it. Whatever priority allocation system is in place, there will always be someone dissatisifed with it.I like to think that I put considerable effort into getting to football and travelling to Carrow Road means leaving home by 8:30am on a Saturday.

Good on you WITS [Y] I think people that make the effort to go to home games deserve as much credit as those who travel away. Especially those who dont live near Norwich.

On the subject of the charlton ballot- I''m in group 3 as well so I really dont think I''ll be successful.

Hope I am though!

Agree completely and with WITS. I am also Group 3 and was successful for Colchester, albeit front row and got soaked!

What I hadn''t realised until I checked with the ticket office this week is that, as I now have 10 stubs from this season, I can register them now and still register them again at the start of next season. The restriction is only in place to stop the same stubs being registered twice in the same season.

So rather than applying in Group 3 I can now apply in Group 2. Unfortunately I can''t make the Charlton game anyway but it will be useful if Bristol goes to ballot as well.

WITS - Fair do''s, I understand there are many that travel a long way for home games, hence why I said ''the MAJORITY have little to travel'', and by little I''m including the entire county, as really in comparison to away games, it''s nothing.

And yes, fair do''s regarding the guaranteed income. And yes, fair do''s you should be rewarded for that alone... BUT, do you feel you should be rewarded AS MUCH AS regular away travellers, or do you not feel they should get the benefit of one group higher? I do, and even if in the past that would''ve meant I was in a lower group.

Tranmere away is gonna be a b*tch of a journey up and back for an evening game tomorrow - and I''ve got to play in goal versus the league champions the next day!

I didn''t realise there had been a group for just 5 stubs - I had thought about a finer scaling like that in the past.

Oh and I certainly didn''t suggest that you shouldn''t apply for the odd away game that''s close to you; I just feel those that have gone to many more away games that season should get a look in first. After all, there are very few games each season when all this applies anyway.

Posh Yella - that''s news to me; we had thought about lending stubs to a mate so that he could apply for Charlton, but thought it would mess us up for the Ten Stubs Club for next season (we won''t be doing away season tickets again). So you''re saying we can, and then next season use the same stubs for ourselves? Excellent. Ah - hang on; don''t they mark the back of them (so that, like you say, they can''t be used twice for the same season)?

They do mark the back but my understanding is that they do this by writing the season on ie 09/10 hence you can register them again the following year (as long as they are still within the last 12 months).

I have an email from the ticket office confirming that is it fine to do this which I will hold onto in case of any problems.

Good point WITS, I aways think it''s easier to travel to away matches by just hopping on a bus at Carrow Road, than it is for exiles who have to make there own way.

Home games ? Ya, I leave at 8.30 too, and try to get back for ''Match of the Day''

This season, because of the southern bias of this division, I have enough away stubs to get a ticket, but last season for the Charton away match I had to buy a ticket in the home section and now feel that to complete our turn around, I have bought a ticket for the match in the same seat as last season. So if you see someone in block ''A'' -East Stand jumping around madly when we score, That will be me !

[quote user="Mister Gee-Bee"]

So you''re saying we can, and then next season use the same stubs for ourselves? Excellent. Ah - hang on; don''t they mark the back of them (so that, like you say, they can''t be used twice for the same season)?

[/quote]

Yes and no. In that order.

So everyone in those groups for tickets?

Any ideas of numbers of people in the groups, and our overall allocation?

ie. How many dregs are left for the group 3-er''s!

And if this is an April Fool''s Joke, it''s past test! ;)

Was this not always going to be the case, given that the two groups could not realistically add up to the 3,000 or so tickets that we have been allocated?

Is it going to be like this the whole time the schools are off for Easter?

[quote user="barclaybabe"]thats crap, we dont find out until mon 5th april, great joke!!![/quote]Don''t think so? [^o)]Cause isn''t that the date you need to apply by?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="barclaybabe"]thats crap, we dont find out until mon 5th april, great joke!!![/quote]Don''t think so? [^o)]Cause isn''t that the date you need to apply by? [/quote]Yeah, it''ll be the middle of next week at the earliest.

[quote user="s10_yellow"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="barclaybabe"]thats crap, we dont find out until mon 5th april, great joke!!![/quote]Don''t think so? [^o)]Cause isn''t that the date you need to apply by? [/quote]Yeah, it''ll be the middle of next week at the earliest.[/quote]Thank you. [Y]

Group 3 for me and the son as well mate,lost out on Colchester,If I don''t make the draw anyone want to buy a pair of train tickets to London for that day that I booked in January!!!!!

Cheers Posh Yella, I might try that then.

Swindon - I''ve already made it clear my problem with the system is with home-only st holders being able to take unfair advantage in my eyes, and not with exiled home st holders, of whom I know many and hold in great respect. Yes, I don''t have to drive/muck about with train changes etc when using Cabbage (I don''t always, but with doing so many this year I have no choice financially), but it''ll still be a ten-hour round-trip slog tomorrow. Plus there are Cabbages put on for people all round the county for home games too - yes, I know this doesn''t apply to you or WITS, but still, it''s not a priviledge solely of the away traveller.

May be the third category should be for fans who showed their loyalty at early away games hundreds of miles from Carrow Rd. at places such as Yeovil, Hartlepool and Carlisle before the away support increased from a 1,000 to 3,000 when the teams success became obvious.

Then the existing categories from third to whatever can drop one category.