Sign in to follow this  
wrathsajoke

charlton tickets

[quote user="jbghost"]Group 3 was always going to be very oversubscribed. Just glad I''m group 2 as I would hate to miss out on any games left this season.[/quote]Just about got 10 tickets together now so should be ok. Im guessing group two must have quite a few people in it due to the large away crowds this season

Wooody. groups are :

1 - Away season ticket holders

2 - season ticket holders with 10 away stubs from the last 12 months.

3 - season ticket holders WITHOUT stubs and members WITH 10 away stubs.

groups 4/5 wont get tickets

Anyone know when us poor group 3-er''s find out whether we''ve been successfull? do we all find out after the ballot on April 5/6 or is that just the oversubscribed ones who missed out the first time...??

Is the ballot totally random or does it take into consideration previous allocations/rejections?

We didn''t get Colchester away tickets, so are we more or less likely to get some for Charlton away - or does it make absolutely no difference?

Does anyone know please?

[quote user="Brundall Canary"]Is the ballot totally random or does it take into consideration previous allocations/rejections? We didn''t get Colchester away tickets, so are we more or less likely to get some for Charlton away - or does it make absolutely no difference? Does anyone know please?[/quote]

The ballot is totally random and previous allocations/rejections as you put it make absolutely no difference.Pulling figures out of the air as purely an example.......say our allocation is 3,000.If there are 200 in group one and 1500 in group two that will leave 1300 so if 1500 apply in group 3 they will go in the ballot.In this example if anyone in group 4 has applied,well do the sums yourself.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Brundall Canary"]Is the ballot totally random or does it take into consideration previous allocations/rejections? We didn''t get Colchester away tickets, so are we more or less likely to get some for Charlton away - or does it make absolutely no difference? Does anyone know please?[/quote]

The ballot is totally random and previous allocations/rejections as you put it make absolutely no difference.Pulling figures out of the air as purely an example.......say our allocation is 3,000.If there are 200 in group one and 1500 in group two that will leave 1300 so if 1500 apply in group 3 they will go in the ballot.In this example if anyone in group 4 has applied,well do the sums yourself.

[/quote]Being the old cynic that I am I''m not entirely convinced that there aren''t some dark forces at work somewhere with this ballot lark....I know quite a few people who applied for Colchester tickets in Group 3 and not one managed to get a ticket. Pure co-incidence perhaps but all of them either claimed the infamous season ticket rebate and/or didn''t opt for '' Club Cabbage '' transport to the game. I very much doubt NCFC would risk screening out each and every such application and so avoid the outside chance that someone would be able to prove it. But it does seem a little odd nonetheless.......Every extra coach passenger signed up would have been made welcome in view of the financial state at Carrow Road and of course human nature dictates that those who claimed their rebate could well have been viewed in a less favourable light than those who preferred to have Grant Holt join the Club ( apparently )( Hastily takes cover to face a barrage of claims from those who hadn''t been to Carrow Road since the 1959 FA Cup run but say they still got tickets...)

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="TIL 1010"]

[/quote]

Being the old cynic that I am I''m not entirely convinced that there aren''t some dark forces at work somewhere with this ballot lark....

I know quite a few people who applied for Colchester tickets in Group 3 and not one managed to get a ticket. Pure co-incidence perhaps but all of them either claimed the infamous season ticket rebate and/or didn''t opt for '' Club Cabbage '' transport to the game. I very much doubt NCFC would risk screening out each and every such application and so avoid the outside chance that someone would be able to prove it. But it does seem a little odd nonetheless.......

Every extra coach passenger signed up would have been made welcome in view of the financial state at Carrow Road and of course human nature dictates that those who claimed their rebate could well have been viewed in a less favourable light than those who preferred to have Grant Holt join the Club ( apparently )

( Hastily takes cover to face a barrage of claims from those who hadn''t been to Carrow Road since the 1959 FA Cup run but say they still got tickets...)

[/quote]

Come off it Smithy,you a cynic?.We saw what you were wearing at Charlton last season.

Worth pointing out here - I DIDN''T claim my season ticket rebate and I DID tick the Club Canary box on my application form for the Colchester match. Didn''t make any difference - I still missed out.

[quote user="SnakePit Lassy"]Wooody. groups are : 1 - Away season ticket holders 2 - season ticket holders with 10 away stubs from the last 12 months. 3 - season ticket holders WITHOUT stubs and members WITH 10 away stubs. groups 4/5 wont get tickets[/quote]

Surely it is time for the club to look at the allocations system again. Why does the club not look at the individual applicants purchasing history because I am somewhat cynical that away stubs can be passed around. I certainly do not retain away tickets for a year after a game!

If ten away stubs are required for group two why not another group with say five away stubs for those that cannot attend every game due to work commitments just to differentiate between those with none that just want to attend a game that is relatively easy to get to.

This has been done to death before.I have been to 15 away games this season, but I am only a member (choose to spend my hard earned on away games as I enjoy them more) but I am in the same category as a season ticket holder who hasn''t been to an away game this season. I''m most probably going to miss out on Charlton and (more gutted) Bristol Rovers even though I''ve been to places like Carlisle, Hartlepool, Exeter and Swindon (JPT). It''s the way the system works, and I''ve been lucky in the past when others have not!I suppose this is what happens when we are successful. In recent seasons there has been little need for a detailed allocations policy. However, what annoys me is that Season ticket holders (who already have a home ticket) can buy tickets for home matches the same time as members. A cunning ploy to get money out of supporters by hoping they''ll buy a super membership.Oh well, I probably should have bought an away season ticket this season but I think the wife may have killed me!!!

[quote user="farley"]This has been done to death before.

I have been to 15 away games this season, but I am only a member (choose to spend my hard earned on away games as I enjoy them more) but I am in the same category as a season ticket holder who hasn''t been to an away game this season. I''m most probably going to miss out on Charlton and (more gutted) Bristol Rovers even though I''ve been to places like Carlisle, Hartlepool, Exeter and Swindon (JPT). It''s the way the system works, and I''ve been lucky in the past when others have not!

I suppose this is what happens when we are successful. In recent seasons there has been little need for a detailed allocations policy. However, what annoys me is that Season ticket holders (who already have a home ticket) can buy tickets for home matches the same time as members. A cunning ploy to get money out of supporters by hoping they''ll buy a super membership.

Oh well, I probably should have bought an away season ticket this season but I think the wife may have killed me!!!
[/quote]

But who has made a significant contribution to the Club''s finances by coughing up the money for every home game.

I''m in the draw too ( Group 3) and won''t be holding my breath after missing our on the ColU tickets and the previous couple of draws before then too.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]Can people still apply, or is it closed?[/quote]

It closes 5th after the Stockport game.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I''m in the draw too ( Group 3) and won''t be holding my breath after missing our on the ColU tickets and the previous couple of draws before then too.

[/quote]Oh well... plenty of room in the away end this time City Angel... [;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]Oh well... plenty of room in the away end this time City Angel... [;)][/quote]Ooops make that the home end even.... [:$]

[quote user="Webbo118"]

[quote user="farley"]This has been done to death before.

I have been to 15 away games this season, but I am only a member (choose to spend my hard earned on away games as I enjoy them more) but I am in the same category as a season ticket holder who hasn''t been to an away game this season. I''m most probably going to miss out on Charlton and (more gutted) Bristol Rovers even though I''ve been to places like Carlisle, Hartlepool, Exeter and Swindon (JPT). It''s the way the system works, and I''ve been lucky in the past when others have not!

I suppose this is what happens when we are successful. In recent seasons there has been little need for a detailed allocations policy. However, what annoys me is that Season ticket holders (who already have a home ticket) can buy tickets for home matches the same time as members. A cunning ploy to get money out of supporters by hoping they''ll buy a super membership.

Oh well, I probably should have bought an away season ticket this season but I think the wife may have killed me!!!
[/quote]

But who has made a significant contribution to the Club''s finances by coughing up the money for every home game.

[/quote]

Have to say I agree with farley here on both issues.

The priority group disparity has always been a gripe of mine, and by the by I''m speaking as an away season ticket holder for this season and former home season ticket holder and regular away traveller for many seasons. I think away travellers like farley should be rewarded for their efforts with a priority group of their own, bumping season ticket holders with no stubs down to group 4, members with no stubs down to 5, and general sale down to 6. Especially in recent seasons where we''ve had a waiting list on season tickets, so members couldn''t easily upgrade.

A habitual season ticket holder that doesn''t bother with most aways (and there are plenty of those), has to do bugger all to earn their group place; the majority have little to travel, they needn''t do anything to have their seat renewed, they dont have the hassle of ringing for (away or home) tickets, and their £30-odd quid gets taken automatically out of their bank account each month. Not forgetting that this sum works out at a reduced rate for each game, compared to the casual price for the same seat.

A member that does many aways has to put in considerable time, money and effort in attending matches up and down the country, with the added cost that travel incurs, and the pressure to maintain their ''Ten Stubs Club'' membership each and every season in order not to drop down a priority group. Barring concessions rates for those that apply, they don''t get discounted prices either. And they will always have the hassle of applying for every game they go to, home or away.

How is it fair that a season ticket holder can jump into the same group for one key match, when a member has had to put in a real shift all season for the priviledge?

Farley''s other point about season ticket holders getting the same application date is something I hadn''t really considered as much, but totally agree on. It does make a mockery of having the membership at all, forcing people to pay double to ''go super''. Season ticket holders already have the priviledge of a guaranteed seat for every home game, so why can''t they be forced to wait a couple more days to apply for extras for mates, to give members at least some crumbs of comfort?

Im in group 2, although wont go, i''ll apply on behalf of the highest bidder, if anybodys interested.......

[quote user="ncfc90"]Im in group 2, although wont go, i''ll apply on behalf of the highest bidder, if anybodys interested.......
[/quote]

I think if anyone from the Box Office reads this post you have just ensured you won''t be getting a ticket.