Sign in to follow this  
The Doc

So...

Providing we do get promoted this year. I strongly believe that relugation may have been just what we needed. We started winning  again after Gunn left and now the team is full of confidence we should do well next season. Getting out of this league is not easy ask Leeds fans, and they are a big club. But the way I see it is the decent size clubs who get promoted from this league tend to do well in the championship the next season. For example Swansea decent ground, decent support they were in and around the play offs last season and they are in the play offs at the moment. Leicester are the same.Even some of the smaller clubs do ok Doncaster, Blackpool, Bristol City. And it is usaully some of the clubs who hang around mid table in the championship for a few years who get dragged into a relugation fight for example this year- Plymoth, Watford and Sheffield Wednesday . And last year Us, Charlton, Southampton. Do you agree if not why not??

I agree for sure, Leicester were the ones to look at for this season and they will again for next season, they''re doing so well in the play off currently without having bought loads of ''proven Championship'' players who may be costly. Pearson built a team who learnt how to win and have yet to really forget how to do so, this is exactly what King Lambert has done and will continue to do so.Donny, another example, they''re now doing so well after a year or two consolidating themselves in the Champ from L1. A good finish and some impressive football is ours for the taking next season, let''s keep the belief rolling on through the summer!

With a couple of decent signings I''d be disappointed if we did not have a fair crack at the play-offs, On top of that, with Portsmouth, Hull and West Ham probably getting relegated and all having to make big budget cuts, our chances of automatic promotion will be greatly enhanced. I''ll certainly be putting money on us.

Cheers Gu and Paul nice to be agreed with. I will also be betting on promoting for us next year!

[quote user="GUcanary"]You''re getting your clarets mixed up........Burnely are already consigned to a derby with Preston!
[/quote]

Maybe, but I would fear Burnley even less than a cash-strapped West Ham. [:D]

rubbish-spending a year in this pub league has been trosh-you will be saying delia an d co planned it all next-no bloody wonder we went down

Relgetion helped to get rid of messrs Doncaster and Mumby from the helm which was a good thing cause they''d made too many bad decisions!

Its not likely that all the positive changes we''ve seen this season would of implemented if we''d of stayed up last season, but I still maintain that all the changes could of been made in the Championship!

Replacing 3-4 of the fringe players with Championship class players will give us a squad capable of having a serious go at getting in the top 6!