Sign in to follow this  
canarytim

"Bring Back Gunny"

On the subject of Gunn is there anyone out there who is still seems to think sacking Gunn was the wrong decision?

I can''t begin to express my utter embarrassment when Gunn was our manager. We were so amateur it was unreal. He proved how keen he was to be a manager as after he was sacked by Norwich he was appointed by a mobile phone company. Brilliant.

Here we are on the verge of walking away with this league under new stewardship at Colney and in the corridors at Carrow Road and this old chestnut gets dragged up yet again.For God''s sake put a stop to this stupid thread now....get over it.....move on.... and as the younger element on here would say FFS.

I don''t blame him for the downfall, I blame Grant, Roeder and a lack of effort from the players during our last days in the Championship. I''d welcome him back to the club in some capacity, he''s been a great servant pre-management years.

true ..give a workman poor tools ,and you get a bad job .

roeder done the damage to this club ,like every other club hes been too .

gunn was not experienced enough even at this level ,but he left us with better players than the rat.

He was at the match Saturday, I shook him warmly by the hand as always & had brief chat, but it was quite upsetting to see so many Norwich fans, not know whether to talk to him or not. Sad to see a legend treated in such a poor way. He was way out of his depth but to Manage this great club was his dream & one he couldnt turn down, how many of us fans wouldnt do the same given the opportunity??????

When we are promoted out of this awful division, I really hope there is some sort of reconciliation between Gunny and NCFC (and maybe between the fans of different opinions as well!). We all know that some bad mistakes were made by both parties during last season, at the start of this season, and also in the close season but the net result of this will hopefully be Championship football with a stronger squad and a manager who can attract the right quality of player to the club to ensure further progression on the pitch.

It takes two to tango, and let’s hope that both Gunny and NCFC are man enough to make up, and we can remember Gunny for what he did for City between the sticks for many years, his charity work and raising the profile of NCFC. I don’t want to remember him for last season, and continue to wonder whether the Gunn club is going to get a “rebrand”.

Is hoping that both parties swallow some pride, grow a pair, kiss and make up a naive and idealistic thing to hope for? Maybe yes it is, but I don’t care.

We all need to move on now, and when we are promoted is the time to do it.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Here we are on the verge of walking away with this league under new stewardship at Colney and in the corridors at Carrow Road and this old chestnut gets dragged up yet again.For God''s sake put a stop to this stupid thread now....get over it.....move on.... and as the younger element on here would say FFS.[/quote]

Well said, couldn''t have said it better Tilly, Ihad a look at the Calander this morning and thought the OP was on a wind up

The club was in a muddle before Gunn became manager and the muddle was ultimately the reason why we came to him in charge!

Gunn was out in an impossible position by a clueless board. He was never going to turn the job down which looking back would of been better for all concerned and Gun would of been a role in the club.

He was a great servant of the club who was around at the wrong time and place. The stick he gets is over the top cause the appointments of Grant and Roeder (supposedly experts in their fields) and keeping Worthy too long were the catylist for the downturn.

I''d welcome Gunn back to the club in a role cause he can still do us some good!

If anything, Gunny kept us in the runinng far longer than Roeder possibly could''ve done. It didn''t end well, but Gunn''s contributions to the club pre-management shouldn''t go ignored. From his appearances in the media since that time it''s clear he still has the club in his heart and it would be a terrible shame for that relationship to be scuppered.

Maybe Gunny and our Chief Exec could stand on the centre-spot of the pitch during the lap of honour on the last home game of the season.....and shake each other by the.....throat?

If Gunn was serious about being a successful manager, why didn''t he do his coaching badges after leaving Norwich, or get a job in the lower leagues??

Instead of doing that he gets a job selling phones. Makes his appointed as Norwich manager even more ridiculous.

Well said. Gunny could have proved a lot of people wrong if he had done his badges and then took a job in the lower leagues.

I said on these pages that Gunny''s appointment would be a disaster, it gave me no pleasure to be proved right.

I dont blame Gunny for taking the job, it should not have been offered to him, to manage the club he loves must have been beyond his wildest dreams after years in Hospitality.

But he as all us "amateur managers" on here would be..out of his depth.

No my problem was 1) That he stayed on after relegation and 2) That in an interview with Archant when he should have apologised he stated that given his time again he would do the same thing ! This was the time for some humility.

However saying all this i agree with Tim Allman now is the time to move on, I have had very difficult times in my life but nothing like Bryan Gunn and his family have gone through.

And it is a testimony to Gunny to how he has dealt with all this and it shows what a lovely fellow he is.

He loves this club and to rename the "Gunn club" would be petty, so leave it be.

I must admit that before the season started I did see Gunny winning the title. When he was sacked I was also quite disgusted as we had just beaten Yeovil 4-0 in the cup. However, now we have Lambert I don''t feel as bad about the sacking as it looks like we finally have someone who knows what to do. Gunn tried his best but of course had no experience, and I now believe that if Gunny hadn''t been sacked we wouldn''t be any further than mid-table. I do rate him and Grant above Roeder though, as Roeder didn''t really do any better when he had experience and had managed at Premiership level - when Roeder was appointed I saw us finishing just outside the playoffs. I still don''t like all the criticism about Gunn though. Really I think that we have to blame the board for appointing him.