Sign in to follow this  
rock bus

Another positive -did we even miss Lappin?

Ive always liked Lappin -as much for his integrity and passion as well as skill

But it has to be said we played well without him tonight

Gives more support to the proposal of replacing him with McNamee or Hughes (although wasnt that impressed with him tonight) especially if we have Smith for the fighting spirit

Major turning point in the way we could play football for me was Lappin going off instead of Hughes. Hughes is more inclined to play neat interplaying football with the strikers and hoolahan, and on that pitch that type of play was near impossible.

Look at our goal, a cross in to Holt. We missed crosses coming in from the left tonight :(

Fair comment Rudolph

But my argument is that Hughes would be replaced by Smith anyhow

Agree Hughes was poor but he apparently has quality and if he was given a run of games in a wider postion and not central he may offer something. Seems too weak/light weight for central midfield to me

Agreed on that rock bus. I mentioned to a mate earlier Hughes should be begging for a set of weight off Delia as an easter gift. He doesn''t seem to have the dribbling ability of McNamee to play out wide, or the slight bit more strength like Lappin does. He seems suited in a flat 442 with someone like Russell alongside him. The tackler and the passer.

Still, his cross against Leeds was a real peach ;) just needs to bulk up a bit over the summer