Sign in to follow this  
Who killed the Croutons

Should away fans be moved to the N&P Lower?

Up for debate there are just over 3000 seats there. Segregation would not be necessary only keeping fans in the ground whilst home fans leave. Just seeking views really as the obvious reason for this would be to have the Jarrold stand for just home supporters with the option to infill without further segregation (ignoring the hotel debate for now!).  

The problems I find by giving away fans their own stand is that if they only sell 1000 tickets, a huge chuck of the stand is sat empty.  At least in the Jarrold we can change the amount of seats for away fans if they send their tickets back.

Also, most importantly I think it would make the atmosphere worse.  The Lower Riverend is too far from the Barclay and SnakePit for the away fans to be abused!

I think where they are that the moment is the best because they are nearer the barclay and if in the Stand it is more possible to change the allocation if they send back some tickets and don''t take them all up. One minus is that they are in a brand new stand. Putting them in the N+P would also cause problems because segregating would be difficult although it has been done in there fine and the underneath does allow for it but is more complicated.

Would you want the Away fans in a stand that''s being sponsored (barring if all stands in the ground were)? also they would also be quite close to all the general facilities at that end and with them where they are it means they have a long walk round to get to their area and we could be limited in using that area. Would we still be allowed into Scores?

The Atmosphere would be generally worse with them in the N+P and the Snake Pit and Barclay down the opposite end and only really the Jarrold able to contribute. Also they would be on Camera and putting  them in the side stands means you can''t see them during transmissions from the main camera.

The teams would also have to change round the way the play with the N+P 1st half and Barclay 2nd half with the team training in the Barclay end and GW and Jarrold side stand on that half of the pitch. I feel keep them where they are.

[quote]Up for debate there are just over 3000 seats there. Segregation would not be necessary only keeping fans in the ground whilst home fans leave. Just seeking views really as the obvious reason for this ...[/quote]

WKTC: This all depends I feel, if you sit there or not.

This issue doesn''t concern me directly But if I had a season ticket in The River End (to me, it will always be called that) I would be pretty ''miffed'', if I had to move out for away fans.

A tricky problem, and I can see most people''s arguments for and against.

I believe I''ll go with the old maxim. If ain''t broke, don''t fix it.

... Can''t imagine the disabled fans and dads in the family enclosure will be too keen on it either, eh?

I can just see the kids now, with their fingers thrown at the away fans and a rousing chorus of "Outside Outside, Outside Outside"! 

Now that would be a sight...

I am a n & p lower season ticket holder. Even though i wouldn''t mind moving to the lower barclay, i don''t think this would be the best thing. If away fans had the entire lower part, a lot of seats would be wasted when playing the smaller clubs. and if they only had 2500 we cant put just a couple hundred home fans next to them as this would be unfair.

So i think its fine how it is at the mo. maybe there will be a re-shuffle when the ground has been expanded a bit more.

Ridiculous idea.

1) The away fans are close to the "home ends" (snakepit/barclay). If you moved them the atmosphere would be torn in two

2) You should never ever put away fans behind a goal. It really is a psychological boost for a team if they''re attacking towards their own supporters

3) If like Blackburn or Southampton didn''t sell their allocation it means half of that stand would be empty

4) Theres nothing wrong with things the way they are!

Ok Ok I think we have consensus there but I do think is would make having another infill done more difficult/wasteful (i.e. segregation) which is a shame as it would balance the ground nicely, however all points raised were valid and I particularly disagree with giving any advantage to the away team, so thanks.   

[quote]WKTC: This all depends I feel, if you sit there or not. This issue doesn''t concern me directly But if I had a season ticket in The River End (to me, it will always be called that) I would be pretty ''...[/quote]

Here here 1st wiz mate, it is a cliche but as you say, it aint broke so dont fix it, Let sleeping dogs lie, I can see peoples point of view but it would cause a lot of unecassary hassle

well i am going to disagree with all of you

we are now in the premiership and should be able to fill our away allocation - at the moment obviously we are not in away fans top 10 away trips (we have been away from the prem a long time and many fans will never have made the trip to norwich), but i think long term it would be a great idea - plenty of clubs have their away fans allocation away from the more vocal home support and it works

to those of you who are always saying the river end is too quiet (me included) this is the solution

it would also liven up the south stand and make the river end infill like the snake pit, in time the whole ground would become noisier!

yes, people don''t like moving, but they''ll get used to it, i would love to have a roaming season ticket which meant you could sit anywhere you liked (as in the old days of unrestricted seating in the barclay) - if the allocation is not sold we can sell more to the home fans - newcastle and spurs fans were close to our away allocation there and there was no trouble - we have to get away from closed ideas and doing things just because they have always been done in one way

a family area can be put anywhere, similarily a singing area can evolve in time and a lot of effort, what about the snakepit?  before that was built what was there, the rest of the v quiet city stand before lots of ex barclay people moved there (me included for a couple of seasons) - come on, let''s try and think of new ideas, it may not work, but let''s not dismiss something out of hand because we haven''t tried it before!