Sign in to follow this  
Congo Canary

And the dear ol' Beeb says..........

Don''t think Auntie Beeb likes us too much.

Referee Eddie Ilderton was involved in all four goals as Tranmere stunned 10-man Norwich to escape the drop zone.

Tranmere''s Ian Thomas-Moore scored two penalties in the opening 12 minutes.

First Darel Russell handled the ball before goalkeeper Fraser Forster brought down Thomas-Moore when clean through and was dismissed.

Craig Curran made it three from 10 yards even though he appeared to handle while Grant Holt''s consolation may have gone out of play in the build-up.

The officials at Prenton Park experienced a lively night, to say the least, but neither penalty was in doubt.

Ilderton''s assistant helped him award Thomas-Moore''s opening spot-kick as the ball brushed Russell''s chest before striking his arm and, while the Tranmere striker may have gone down a little easily under Forster''s challenge for the second, the goalkeeper left Ilderton little choice.

However, Curran clearly controlled the ball with his arm before a neat shot on the swivel put the league leaders on the wrong end of a shock 3-0 scoreline.

Even as Holt pulled one back - from a cross which may have gone out of play, an argument which earned Tranmere goalkeeper Luke Daniels a booking - the Norwich bench remained furious, and manager Paul Lambert found himself sent to the stands alongside two colleagues not long after.

The away side, to their credit, did not give up and but for a first-half Ian Goodison goal-line clearance from a scuffed Holt shot, could have had much more from the game.

That said, Rovers squandered a number of scoring opportunities as they made the extra man count in the second half.

Thomas-Moore struck the bar with the outside of his right boot from 20 yards as he went in search of his hat-tric.

"However, Curran clearly controlled the ball with his arm before a neat shot on the swivel put the league leaders on the wrong end of a shock 3-0 scoreline."

I love how they mention the handball but quickly turn attention to Tranmere by saying it was a ''neat'' shot.

the first pen was debatable, some officials give them, some don''t. My beef is with the assistane who could see that faint touch from where he was through a crowd of players, yet a blatant handball in clear view is missed....

although, Holt''s goal, in my opinion, Martin was offside when the ball was played and it may or may not have gone out

as a match official myself, the nearside assistant was shocking and the ref was weak, missing several challenges