Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

SOME POSITIVES?

First and foremost I admired the self discipline shown by our players in the face of some appalling refereeing.

2nd, the team kept trying to get a result and showed passion and desire.

3rd, everyone could see how the game panned out against us (although I want to give credit to Tranmere for capitalising on their opportunity and not going into their shell).

4th, no card for Holt.

5th, we have a home game coming right up.

6th, we know the value of a fully fit Chris Martin.

7th, we know the value of Elliott.

8th, we REALLY know the huge difference a teenager in Cory Smith makes...what a player he is: remember Brentford?

9th, Millwall failed to win AT HOME.

10th Swindon and Leeds play each other tomorrow. And Tranmere are better than Leeds.

Would agree with all of these. I am certain we would have won that game if it wasn''t for that tit in charge, we seemed to create a lot of chances even with 10 men, there would have been inevitable gaps at the back.

You forgot to mention Rudd.

Very early days of course but thought his performance was encouraging.

Would be happy to see him get a run through to the end of the season - let''s see if he''s got what it takes to be no 1 next season.

Another positive - we actually played pretty well, we were just cheated out of the game.

Good post!I have to admit I''ve never been critical of Rudd, but I guess I''m guilty of not being a believer in other peoples endorsements of him where they''ve seen him play reserve games. I guess his size next to Forster automatically gives me a negative impression.That said he looked solid, very solid so very good!

Well said Rude Old, after say 20 mins it was obvious it was going to be one of those games, we have been lucky this season that more hasn''t transpired to act against us at times and if it had to happen, it happened in a game where the opposition wasn''t going to gain too much at our expense, though I worry about the other relegation candidates who must be wondering how Tranmere got all three points.

My big plus was Rudd got a game and considering the circumstances of his inclusion did very well. I am not convinced we will have Forster next year so Rudd needs some games.

Aside from that it was great to hear Lambert''s post match interview. What a star and also reassuring to see the team not crumble or resort to blatant cheating or playacting knowing the weakness and ineptness of the officials.

I was proud of the club tonight, and a big thank you to the away support. We really are getting it back on track as a whole this season and last night summed that up well.

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]First and foremost I admired the self discipline shown by our players in the face of some appalling refereeing. 2nd, the team kept trying to get a result and showed passion and desire. 3rd, everyone could see how the game panned out against us (although I want to give credit to Tranmere for capitalising on their opportunity and not going into their shell). 4th, no card for Holt. 5th, we have a home game coming right up. 6th, we know the value of a fully fit Chris Martin. 7th, we know the value of Elliott. 8th, we REALLY know the huge difference a teenager in Cory Smith makes...what a player he is: remember Brentford? 9th, Millwall failed to win AT HOME. 10th Swindon and Leeds play each other tomorrow. And Tranmere are better than Leeds.[/quote]

I watch the game in HONG KONG, well we miss Smith''s energy, but Rudd played really well, and also pleased to see our players did not really lose the head even 0-3 down at half time. Hughes was OK but he seems a jinx to our game, every time he start we lost the game?

If we win all our home game then means we will still going up so no worry! Enjoy the Easter weekend everyone!!!