Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Atmospheric pubs in Norwich for game tonight?

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]I''m thinking Coach & Horses? any other suggestions? Where will you be?
[/quote]

The Reindeer on Dereham Road has opened again and is looking more like a proper pub than it has for many a day.There is a large screen and a couple of smaller screens.The landlord/landlady used to run The Rose in Rupert St which was a top Pub so i shall be giving it a look tonight.

Anyone know if the Fat Cat will be showing the game?Ive got to go there for a mates birthday but dont really want to miss the game!

[quote user="Satriales"]Anyone know if the Fat Cat will be showing the game?Ive got to go there for a mates birthday but dont really want to miss the game![/quote]As i''m aware the Fat Cat doesn''t have Sky anymore. The Nelson will have it on probably

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Trafford Arms?[/quote]

Whenever i''ve looked in there, it looks difficult to get through the door - let alone get served! Admittedly i tend to go fairly close to kick off!

Castlegates for me. Not my choice but where ''du lads'' are going.  I suppose at least it has lots of screens but I''m not a fan of the place I have to say.  If it were my choice I would be off to the Kings Arms on Hall road; The Pub of Dreams.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"]I''m thinking Coach & Horses? any other suggestions? Where will you be?[/quote]

The Reindeer on Dereham Road has opened again and is looking more like a proper pub than it has for many a day.There is a large screen and a couple of smaller screens.The landlord/landlady used to run The Rose in Rupert St which was a top Pub so i shall be giving it a look tonight.

[/quote]Ah, The Reindeer, Tilly.....I remember for England''s matches last World Cup they had a '' VIP '' viewing room with food and waitress service laid on.Whether that was when it went through a phase of not being a '' proper pub '' I''m not sure but they sell some pretty tasty real ale in there and seem to be pretty busy most evenings.Sadly I won''t be there as I''ve got to endure a few hours in a mate''s garage. I won''t mention that he''s converted it into a '' lad''s den '' complete with Sky, bar football and pool table entertainment. PS....If any exotic dancers happen to pass by I''m sure they''ll be most welcome.We can soon find a pole on which to slide up and down.........

Is going to on at the Leopard just been refurbished new owners and I understand the first pint’s

free

[quote user="Bird Table"]I''ll be at the Coach and Horses. So don''t go there because I want to get a seat.[/quote]I''ll also be going here but on crutches! I do hope if you manage to get a seat before me you''ll happily give it up =]

It was the Jubilee for me and it was so packed you could hardly breathe (or drink) let alone move.

The game may have been a bit of a let down, but our local publicans will have a welcome boost from an overflowing till this morning.

[quote user="Lakey"][quote user="Bird Table"]I''ll be at the Coach and Horses. So don''t go there because I want to get a seat.[/quote]I''ll also be going here but on crutches! I do hope if you manage to get a seat before me you''ll happily give it up =][/quote]I saw you there (hard to miss really!) I thought I was being really clever in getting there just after 6 but the place was already packed, standing room only!