Sign in to follow this  
AndyCanary

A good aspect of last night..

15th of May 2005... I''m sure to some of you that date brings a hallowing feeling. To others after Googling it (like I did) it brings the same feeling..It was of course the 6-0 loss to Fulham on the last day of the season... and the reason why I''m mentioning it is that even though we were 3-0 down with 10 men the heart and fight of our beloved team was clear! I think it just goes to show what a great team we have. The scoreline isn''t important, it was just the attitudes.What do you think?

I agree Andy.  The discipline and character they showed in the face of such adversity was totally admirable.  Even when things go badly wrong like last night, when a lot of it wasn''t even our fault, they still didn''t fold and just kept plugging away.  There''s a lot to be said for that kind of attitude.

Yes, on that day in May many of the team didn''t want to be there.  You could also add Charlton away last season.This year the players stuck it out as a unit and did their best to carry the fight to Tranmere, I was proud of our players and away fans.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I was proud of our players and away fans.[/quote]I''d like to echo these sentiments, and agree with the OP - you could see how much our team cared about NCFC last night, from the players on the pitch to the men in the dugout (and later the stands), each and every one of them gave their all in the face of major adversity and a pitch so sh*tty it would probably have caused any Premiership game to get called off.  And all the while all I could hear was the sound of Norwich fans singing their hearts out.  I left the pub deflated, naturally, but not downheartened, because we''ve put ourselves in the position where we can carry on fighting.It was no surprise to see threads on here blaming individual players, and certainly no surprise to see people berating Doc for ''that'' pass.  But any individual ''mistakes'' (and I use the word loosely in the Doc''s case, given how badly the ball stuck in the mud) are utterly inconsequencial.  Rudd is more than capable of standing in for Forster, and Holty went another game without picking up a booking (somehow, given the ref''s penchant for cards).Stockport arrive at Carrow Road on Monday and you can bet your life the players will be hurting from last night and looking to take it out on someone....