Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Bust up rumours?

And NOT involving Worthy this time!Since the weekend I have been hearing growing reports that Mackenzie was dropped for the game. The story goes that it was a punishment for the training ground inident with Francis which was not the ''freak accident'' that has been painted.Anyone else able to through some light on this?OTCB

im sure this isn''t true. they''re both really good mates and they go out a lot together.

worthy just wanted to stiffen up the midfield, which is understandable.

Training ground incidents are always suspect, but I thought that Francis and McKenzie were good friends, you can see it in the way the celebrate Damien''s goals....

I can believe that Saturday''s change was tactical but I am particularly cynical about the spin or official line you sometimes get from the club.

Whenever they issue a statement, I first of all remind myself that this was the same PR system that claimed that David Nielsen left because his wife had a new job. Oh, OK then....

So in summary: Don''t know !!! Both explanations are believable....

I think it was to stiffen up the midfield, Leon would have been dropped entirely had what happened with Damo been anything other than an accident.

I don''t think I''d fancy a left hook from Leon to be honest with his family history, well maybe after a few Stella''s I''d fancy my chances and then realise when I woke up in the N & N that it wasn''t such a good idea...

James, would you be the same James B that works for NCFC???

I''m off to lie down, my cynicism has gone into overdrive....

I''m convincing myself it was a tactical change though.

[quote]And NOT involving Worthy this time!Since the weekend I have been hearing growing reports that Mackenzie was dropped for the game. The story goes that it was a punishment for the training ground inide...[/quote]

Zipper: Here we bloody well go again mate. I really thought that you were above all this nonsense my friend.

Without any doubt Worthy, is very hot on player discipline, yes?

I believe if it was anything more than just a freak accident, Leon wouldn''t just be dropped for just 45 minutes, he would now be on his way out of the club, pronto!.

Yet another case of poster''s or people, putting 2 and 2 together, and coming up with 180!.

I do wish they would stop it.

1st wizard, why do you have to be so patronizing, as you''ve showed everyone you are not perfect yourself - i think zipper was merely asking whether anyone could shed any light on what he had heard

zipper i''m sure it was a freak accident and if it was something serious leon would either be out of here or get a heavy fine. it must have been pretty bad to need surgery, we would have heard about it had it been malicious - rather like the hartson kicking berkovic scandal

West Ham had no choice with the Hartson/Berkovic thing as Sky Sports had a video of Hartson drop-kicking Berkovic''s head.It was a bit of a give-away.

When I heard the "training ground accident" line I thought back to other incidents. But I''m sure this is not true. If true Leon would be dropped longer than 45mins and francis would be far more hurt than he is, especially given mackenzies boxing credentials.

I''m with wiz here - everytime ANYTHING unusual happens to do with transfers, team selections, training etc, it gets its very own conspiracy theory!

I can''t have a go at zipper for hearing what he heard but they do get a bit tiresome and i''d ignore them myself. Training ground incidents where flare-ups happen between players must occur almost daily as anyone who as ever played the game will know, no matter how pally everyone is. Leon obviously didn''t hurt Damo on purpose and to drop him for it, for 45 minutes, sounds ridiculous.

Are you able to reveal your source zip?

well i did hear that there was an incident involving them. apparently francis went in hard on a tackle and leon reacted later with a high elbow. he obviously didn''t mean to do any serious damage to him but it wasn''t the freak accident we were told.

[quote]And NOT involving Worthy this time!Since the weekend I have been hearing growing reports that Mackenzie was dropped for the game. The story goes that it was a punishment for the training ground inide...[/quote]

Where did you get that little gem from, then? The "JFK was an Alien" message board?

Umm, seems to me like a cheekbone fractured in 3 places is plenty hurt.  Anyway, I''m sure this ''rumour'' is a load of old cobblers and I don''t think it''s worth commenting any further.....

he is referring to nielson having a gambling habit and and also considerable debts to match. and in reply to the alien jfk comment, i am only repeating what i  have been told.

anyway, its no big deal, it doesn''t mean that there are some fractions going on behind the scenes with certain players, it was just a bit of retribution that went a very wrong.   

[quote]Where did you get that little gem from, then? The "JFK was an Alien" message board?[/quote]

Fool:

You know all too well that JFK was human, it was Marilyn Munroe that was the alien.... ahhhh see it''s all fitting together now isn''t it.... starting to make sense... (sorry, I''m not talking about your brain )

Wiz....... sir,

Relax oh powerful one, Zippers was just making a point for discussion... I ask of you to reverse the "turn into a fairy" spell.... ... relaxing thoughts... running water, gentle mists floating through the dark forest...

My source is a usually reliable work colleague who is good friends with a couple of people at the club (same source confirmed that City we were confident of getting Hux subject to Citeh agreeing leaving terms) As no one else has heard this it looks like there is nothing in it this time around - I''ll go back to sleep!OTBC