Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Paul Lambert televised interview...

Its on the Sky Sports football page, if anyone can put the link on its worth a look.He really seems to be the right man for the job, he was dying to say something, bit self discipline kept him out of trouble, GREAT manager :-)

He was trying not to smile he was so piiiiissed off. I was laughing.

[quote user="Canaries Utd"] he was dying to say something, bit self discipline kept him out of trouble
[/quote]

Did they miss out the bit where he said ''you have to be careul what you say... he was shocking''?

Saw that on SSN after the game, loved it

Thought the guy managed to be remarkably restrained. If that had been Ferguson or Wenger they would have been questioning the ref''s eyesight, fitness, morals, knowledge of the game, parenthood, and anything else they could think of.

Then again, they can, because the FA will never do more than smack their wrists, whereas we will probably be land with a big fine.

[quote user="Mason 47"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"] he was dying to say something, bit self discipline kept him out of trouble
[/quote]

Did they miss out the bit where he said ''you have to be careul what you say... he was shocking''?

[/quote]

No, that bit was most definitely in. Hilarious.

[quote user="Mason 47"]

[quote user="Canaries Utd"] he was dying to say something, bit self discipline kept him out of trouble[/quote]

[/quote]No... they kept that in, but the reporter was goading him for a reaction, as i said brilliant self discipline, no doubt the FA will have a different view and dock us ten points bringind us level with Millwall!!!

I''m actually quite suprised Lambert even gave an interview, and their manager didn''t.Just on a bit of a tangent, didn''t their manager come on as the physio too?

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Perhaps they could punish the referee and his equally-incompetent assistant instead by giving them a ''rest''... the planks.[/quote]Fixed [:S]

I thought the telling interviews were straight after the game with the 2 Tranmere players who couldn''t keep a straight face when asked whether the goals were suspect or not.

Fair play they didn''t admit to wrong doing like I wouldn''t expect Norwich players to if the game was reversed in our favour but their expressions basically said we can''t believe how lucky we''ve been with inept reffing tonight!

The Tranmere boss said he hadn''t a clue what the first penalty was given for and didn''t think the third goal should have stood because it was a clear handball. Enough said. As Lambo rightly said the referee and his assistants were SHOCKING last night. Still, with Millwall only drawing no damage has really been done.

It must be very hard for managers when the ref gets it so wrong so often in one game.However it is time to move on and get ready for Monday and next Saturday which is just what Lambert will do.

Was just reading the report on the BBC site and it says "neither penalty was in doubt" Yes the second was a penalty even though their lad made sure it was but the first was never a penalty his arm is by his side and the ball kicked from 3 yards away! Also this rule of sending of the keeper for these types of incidents has to be looked at. Can really see us hitting 5 monday now.

Class response from Lambert.  By not bemoaning the decisions and remaining relatively upbeat, he was able to overtly criticise the officials.  Very clever.  Fergie & Wenger could learn a lot from this guy.  I''m convinced he''s going to the very top.... hopefully taking us with him.

Listening to Les Parry''s post match interview says it all: "the 3rd goal was unfortunate.... it looked like a handball.... I don''t know what he gave the first penalty for...."

[quote user="JF"]Was just reading the report on the BBC site and it says "neither penalty was in doubt" Yes the second was a penalty even though their lad made sure it was but the first was never a penalty his arm is by his side and the ball kicked from 3 yards away! Also this rule of sending of the keeper for these types of incidents has to be looked at. Can really see us hitting 5 monday now.[/quote]

Its strange how goal keepers perform these days, In my day I would have gone towards the player outside the box and slide tackled, yes risk being sent off but no sodding penalty, but have to say I was never sent off, and always managed to keep the ball safe, someone should tell these keepers they can leave the 18yd box