Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Everyone seems to assume we'll beat Tranmere!

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]We beat Forest & Ipswich on sky last season, we lost 2 very tough away games and against a Premiership team. Wouldn''t call it a curse, there is no such thing.[/quote]You''re going to tell us Wiz can''t do hexes next. [8-)][/quote]He''s not been hexing this season and we''ve been winning.........

Last year he did hexes and! [^o)]

Not saying they don''t work of course! [;)][/quote]Perhaps someone has hexed him. [:|][/quote]It''s the curse of the virgins.........[:@][/quote]To make sure that he got it right he always did a live rehearsal.[;)][/quote]That explains it then.......they were ex-virgins! [+o(]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Why?

Its on Sky for starters!

And yet on here, the media, local and National, all seem to assume that we''ll just breeze it. Well, they''re well up for it and they desprately need the points, so I''m expecting it''ll be more difficult then the Leeds game.

And as I said, its on Sky![:S]

[/quote]we will beat them 1st Wiz....im not saying it will be a walk over but we are a much better side then they are(were top after all) IN LAMBERT WE TRUST!!!!

I''m confident we will win cos I''m going and we have 100% record (away games) this seaon when I go to watch.

So no hedging you bets then wiz ?

We win and you''ll be talking about how too many were taking in for granted BEFORE the game.

We draw or lose and you''ll start waffling on about "I told you so"

Given the current respective league positions it would not be unexpected for many fans to aasume that it will be a win for us - much the same as (given your past record) it would not be unexpected for everyone to assume that you will come on here with your usual doom laden pronouncements.

Personally I am going for a 4 nil win for us with Lambert coming off the bench to head home a 9th minute of added time header, after the referee was sent off for celebrating sending off of a player by running across the pitch to the fourth official with his shirt twirling above his head.

If that doesn''t happen then it just goes to show how there really is a Sky TV jinx on us.

Why?

Its on Sky for starters!

And yet on here, the media, local and National, all seem to assume that we''ll just breeze it. Well, they''re well up for it and they desprately need the points, so I''m expecting it''ll be more difficult then the Leeds game.

[/quote]

Yes, and Chelsea''s 5th choice left back who is on loan at Tranmere thinks they will get a result against us (see BBC Sport site). And he''s played for England under-17''s and thinks his loan experience will help him for when he''s older. So, I''m going for 3-1 to City and I hope he has a mare.

[quote user="City1st"]So no hedging you bets then wiz ? We win and you''ll be talking about how too many were taking in for granted BEFORE the game. We draw or lose and you''ll start waffling on about "I told you so".[/quote]You know me too well City 1st!

Now, where''s that virgin?[;)]

[quote user="City1st"]So no hedging you bets then wiz ? We win and you''ll be talking about how too many were taking in for granted BEFORE the game. We draw or lose and you''ll start waffling on about "I told you so".[/quote]You know me too well City 1st!

Now, where''s that virgin?[;)]

[/quote]

lol mate don''t worry, even if we lose we will still be top, but do you really think Lambert would let them go into a match with that sort of mentality, personally I can''t see it.

The boys will be up for it that''s for sure.

In Lowestoft !

Blimey, wish you could show the same level of optimism for our team

What the hell does it matter that its on Sky?? Everyone assumes we will win, as we are the best team in the league.

3-1 City tomorrow

I''m going for 3 - 0, as Tranmere haven''t scored a goal in their last 3 matches. and their lead goal scorer (a massive 10 goals) is still a doubt.

Why?

Its on Sky for starters!

[/quote]So do we give you a round of applause now?

Why?

Its on Sky for starters!

[/quote]

Quite agree Wiz that we shouldn''t take anything for granted.

Just wish people wouldn''t get carried away, seems like lots of people think we''re promoted already and turning up is just a formality which it isn''t.

We need to earn 9 more points they won''t just turn up on thier own to make us happy.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Why?

Its on Sky for starters!

[/quote]

Just wish people wouldn''t get carried away, seems like lots of people think we''re promoted already and turning up is just a formality which it isn''t.

We need to earn 9 more points they won''t just turn up on thier own to make us happy.

[/quote]The players didn''t look like they were carried away last night, and they''re the ones who matter.  The away fans were excellent last night and kept the players going for 90 minutes.  I don''t think we need to hit the panic button yet.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Why?

Its on Sky for starters!

[/quote]

[/quote]

The players didn''t look like they were carried away last night, and they''re the ones who matter.  The away fans were excellent last night and kept the players going for 90 minutes.  I don''t think we need to hit the panic button yet.

[/quote]

I don''t think we need to hit the panic button either but just think we need to keep the celebrations until we''re home and dry.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wizard"]

Why?

Its on Sky for starters!

[/quote]

[/quote]

The players didn''t look like they were carried away last night, and they''re the ones who matter.  The away fans were excellent last night and kept the players going for 90 minutes.  I don''t think we need to hit the panic button yet.

[/quote]

I don''t think we need to hit the panic button either but just think we need to keep the celebrations until we''re home and dry.

[/quote]Tranny had 14 players last night, and just when we do score, Lambert is sent to the stands, hmm?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I don''t assume we''ll beat anybody but i''m confident in my side nowadays, believe they won''t take any game for granted and will put in performances more often than not.[/quote]In Lambert and the side I have no worries, refs and the Sky curse are another matter![/quote]

How prophetic, Wiz. Actually, I did start to have slight fears that it would all go tits up early yesterday afternoon. I really started to worry when the over-excitable Goreham - speaking from Tranmere, about an hour before kick off on Radio Norfolk - started gushing on, words to the affect that he couldn''t foresee anything other than a win for City, and the points were in the bag.

Maybe now this has happened everybody (myself included) will calm down and accept the fact that promotion has to be earned.