Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Everyone seems to assume we'll beat Tranmere!

Why?

Its on Sky for starters!

And yet on here, the media, local and National, all seem to assume that we''ll just breeze it. Well, they''re well up for it and they desprately need the points, so I''m expecting it''ll be more difficult then the Leeds game.

And as I said, its on Sky![:S]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Why?

Its on Sky for starters!

And yet on here, the media, local and National, all seem to assume that we''ll just breeze it. Well, they''re well up for it and they desprately need the points, so I''m expecting it''ll be more difficult then the Leeds game.

[/quote]

I''m nervous too old wizard.  I think Tranmere will get a goal.

1-6 City![;)]

We''ll be fine. The TV jinx was broken with our thrashing of Paulton Rovers.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I don''t assume we''ll beat anybody but i''m confident in my side nowadays, believe they won''t take any game for granted and will put in performances more often than not.[/quote]In Lambert and the side I have no worries, refs and the Sky curse are another matter!

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Why?

Its on Sky for starters!

[/quote]

Totally agree with that Wiz.

While I''m quietly confident, I''m taking nothing for granted. [:#]

No ''everyone'' doesn''t Wiz. I never assume anything. Not as a City supporter. It will be a tough ask I think, but the bookies (and they''re right a lot more often than they''re wrong) have us to win it. It''s nice to know that opinion and trend are in our favor for a change.

For heaven''s sake, people will start talking about us getting promoted next, although I''m pretty confident that we''ll make the playoffs now........

I think we''ve the right to expect a win don''t we?. We have won 11 away games this season and are playing a side in the relegation zone. Whilst no away games are ever easy (Colchester aside), I think it''ll be comfortable.

I''d love to know what our win percentage is for televised games because I''ve always thought that this whole ''We''re always rubbish on TV'' argument is a load of balls. We''re normally rubbish on TV when we''re rubbish. At the moment the league table seems to suggest that we''re pretty good.

Tranmere have a fairly good home record, even if they have conceded more than scored.

If the game was at CR, a win for us could be inked in, but in the circumstances at Tranmere.....?

[quote user="Shack Attack"]I''d love to know what our win percentage is for televised games because I''ve always thought that this whole ''We''re always rubbish on TV'' argument is a load of balls. We''re normally rubbish on TV when we''re rubbish. At the moment the league table seems to suggest that we''re pretty good.[/quote]

Why have you got that sign off publicizing 1st Wizard''s remark about homosexuals ? What''s your point ?

I agree with First Wizard that we are assuming a win and and I think it wont be a walk in the park but I feel that with our current form we can beat nearly anyone in league one. It is strange our record when we are on sky and that concerns me but I do hope that the players prove me wrong!!!

"I''d love to know what our win percentage is for televised games because I''ve always thought that this whole ''We''re always rubbish on TV'' argument is a load of balls."

Sunderland LOST 1-4

MK Dons LOST 2-1

Leeds United LOST 2-1

Paulton Rovers WON 0-7

3 to 1. The only win coming against the easiest game of the season, against a team 8 leagues below us. For a team that''s won 66% of their games this season, including the ones above, it''s pretty conclusive, no?

[quote user="Bogbrush"][quote user="Shack Attack"]I''d love to know what our win percentage is for televised games because I''ve always thought that this whole ''We''re always rubbish on TV'' argument is a load of balls. We''re normally rubbish on TV when we''re rubbish. At the moment the league table seems to suggest that we''re pretty good.[/quote] Why have you got that sign off publicizing 1st Wizard''s remark about homosexuals ? What''s your point ?[/quote]I think its exactly that Bogbrush (terrific name btw) its point..............scoring.

Apologies if I''m wrong Shack.

[quote user="First Jedi"]"I''d love to know what our win percentage is for televised games because I''ve always thought that this whole ''We''re always rubbish on TV'' argument is a load of balls." Sunderland LOST 1-4 MK Dons LOST 2-1 Leeds United LOST 2-1 Paulton Rovers WON 0-7 3 to 1. The only win coming against the easiest game of the season, against a team 8 leagues below us. For a team that''s won 66% of their games this season, including the ones above, it''s pretty conclusive, no?[/quote]And wasn''t the Paulton game on the BBC Jedi?

Ah but Wiz - the difference is that you''ll be watching it in HD, whereas you havent before! So therefore we''ll win!

Seriously - our record in front of the cameras last season (from memory) was actually quite good when generally we were rubbish. This year we''re generally very good, so I''m going for.... a 1-1 draw

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="First Jedi"]"I''d love to know what our win percentage is for televised games because I''ve always thought that this whole ''We''re always rubbish on TV'' argument is a load of balls." Sunderland LOST 1-4 MK Dons LOST 2-1 Leeds United LOST 2-1 Paulton Rovers WON 0-7 3 to 1. The only win coming against the easiest game of the season, against a team 8 leagues below us. For a team that''s won 66% of their games this season, including the ones above, it''s pretty conclusive, no?[/quote]And wasn''t the Paulton game on the BBC Jedi?[/quote]

Paulton was on ITV wasn''t it, with the nobber Townsend

Lets analyse the games shall we.

Sunderland: At that stage they were flying and people were tipping them for Europe. Lambert had just taken charge and we were an absolute shambles. Hardly surprising we lost 4-1.

MK Dons: Similiar scenario, still early days with Lambert who was unsure of his best side. Doherty and Hoolahan were both conspicious by their abscene as Lambert did''nt fancy them at the time. We were playing a system that just awkard with Martin and Daley providing the width.

Leeds: I''ll give that one. Could well be a sky jinx. That was a freak mistake

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]We beat Forest & Ipswich on sky last season, we lost 2 very tough away games and against a Premiership team. Wouldn''t call it a curse, there is no such thing.[/quote]

You''re going to tell us Wiz can''t do hexes next. [8-)]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]We beat Forest & Ipswich on sky last season, we lost 2 very tough away games and against a Premiership team. Wouldn''t call it a curse, there is no such thing.[/quote]

[/quote]He''s not been hexing this season and we''ve been winning.........

Last year he did hexes and! [^o)]

Not saying they don''t work of course! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

Perhaps someone has hexed him. [:|]

[quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s the curse of the virgins.........[:@]

[quote user="Beauseant"][quote user="First Wazzock"][quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It''s the curse of the virgins.........[:@]

[/quote]

To make sure that he got it right he always did a live rehearsal.[;)]