Sign in to follow this  
G

Worse than Henry?

Maybe not quite but even the player himself was shocked to see it given. He looked around with his arms in the air like he was pleading his innocence which turned into an aeroplane celebration. Another posts on this really but i am so f*cking angry its funny. If the lino can see the the ball hit Russell on the arm, even though his arm was by his side and the ball was blasted into it, how didn''t he see there third. The lino should be demoted a few divisions for that. [8-|] [:@] [:$]

Having seen the interview with the chap yet but you can''t really blame him. Its like when you see players score when a foul has been given or an offside the just put it in the back of the net. Utter disbelief at how shocking the decisions were.

[quote user="G"]Having seen the interview with the chap yet but you can''t really blame him. Its like when you see players score when a foul has been given or an offside the just put it in the back of the net. Utter disbelief at how shocking the decisions were.[/quote]Nope - don''t agree! If it was me I''d have simply said that it did indeed hit my hand, that it wasn''t pre-meditated - just a reflex, that I was surprised to have got the ball under and was happy at my finish. I''d have acknowledged the goals dubiousness but accepted the goal being awarded with a smile as ''one of those things''.So he didn''t have to lie through his teeth on national telly did he?

the biggest difference is that the Ireland fans will probably never come up against the referee who gave Henry''s goal ever again.

Chances are that we will encounter Eddie Idlington -Tyne & Wear again one day in the future.....and when that day arrives, hopefully at Carrow Road, he''d better be looking over his shoulder.

[quote user="Romantic"][quote user="G"]Having seen the interview with the chap yet but you can''t really blame him. Its like when you see players score when a foul has been given or an offside the just put it in the back of the net. Utter disbelief at how shocking the decisions were.[/quote]

Nope - don''t agree! If it was me I''d have simply said that it did indeed hit my hand, that it wasn''t pre-meditated - just a reflex, that I was surprised to have got the ball under and was happy at my finish. I''d have acknowledged the goals dubiousness but accepted the goal being awarded with a smile as ''one of those things''.

So he didn''t have to lie through his teeth on national telly did he?
[/quote]

Totally agree with you. I would have done the same. I meant to say haven''t. I said I meant on the pitch i can''t blame him.