Sign in to follow this  
Largey

Hoolahan?

I''m not jumping on the backs of our players following one unique match, but Hoolahan has looked merely a shadow of his performances from the middle of the season.

Slightly concerned as he is a catalyst for many of our great moves. The pitch tonight did not help, but i hope he will pick up his game in these next two home matches as with him on form, we look imperious.

Hoolahan was by no means at his best tonight, then again, very few of our players were. Sacrificing a midfielder in Lappin left the midfield thin and I imagine Hoolahan would have much preferred having another link up player to work with.

Stockport should be terrified, because Monday, they''re gonna get a right rollocking!

[quote user="Largey"]I''m not jumping on the backs of our players following one unique match, but Hoolahan has looked merely a shadow of his performances from the middle of the season. Slightly concerned as he is a catalyst for many of our great moves. The pitch tonight did not help, but i hope he will pick up his game in these next two home matches as with him on form, we look imperious.[/quote]

Don''t you dare say that, Largey. I said the same and now I''m the Anti-Christ.

he worked his socks off tonight and looked OK to me, but on a heavy pitch with 10 men and 3-0 down it was an upwards stuggle.

I think he got a knock, he was limping about near the end and went straight down the tunnel at the end.

I wasn''t just making a judgement on this one game, no one had a great night, but I don''t think Hoolahan has been as creative as the middle of the season. i think his recent goal tally backs this up. Might be playing tired at the moment? But I do think this also has related to the slight decline in performances from the team as a whole recently. I hope he can bring his best to Carrow Rd on Monday!

Just back from the game. Hoolahan was excellent, the main creative spark. But I can confirm that he picked up what looked like a thigh or groin strain. Slowed him down towards the end & I wouldn''t be surprised to see him missing on Monday.   

I dont see why he never uses his right foot. Iv seen him use it in warm ups etc but in the game he will lose the ball rather than pass with his right foot.

Was horrible tonight! Ive said it for agers, dont rate the guy, hes a burden.

Watch the Football League Show, hes class

Watch 90 minutes, he gives the ball away more times than he does anything productive

Watch a reply, count the amout of times he

A) Does something Productive or even retains Posession

B) Gives the ball away

C) Gets caught in possession

D) Runs round in a circle using the outside of his left foot until he gives the ball away

I bets theres far more B,C, and Ds!

Can''t believe you have chosen Wes as tonights scape goat...interesting! I suppose Lappin came off early and Doc made an obvious error so Wes is the next choice.

Im not making him a scapegoat for tonight! Thats my opinion of him in general, and tonight will prove my point!

We were always up against, and even though we were probably the better side, we were still poor!

The Doc and Fraser have to take some responsibilty for there mistakes tonight! 

Wes has been excellent this season and I think we should all be grateful for his performances, it appears you are choosing an easy target here.

Jesus, Michael Nelson is still our centre half, now he is an easy target!

If you can really be arsed, go through me previous 511 post, of which you''ll find me saying very similar things about Wes.

Also I dont buy the whole ''He works his socks off'' and ''He always wants the ball'' Isnt that expected from all 10 outfield players?

Yeah to be fair he''s not just picking a scape goat, he''s consistently moaned and moaned and moaned about Wes, even before the season started. Heck, maybe even before he signed for us.

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Jesus, Michael Nelson is still our centre half, now he is an easy target!

If you can really be arsed, go through me previous 511 post, of which you''ll find me saying very similar things about Wes.

Also I dont buy the whole ''He works his socks off'' and ''He always wants the ball'' Isnt that expected from all 10 outfield players?

[/quote]Do you ''buy his goals'' and the fact Lambert rates him vry highly? I really think you should move on, he is/has been excellent!

[quote user="CDMullins"]

Was horrible tonight! Ive said it for agers, dont rate the guy, hes a burden.

Watch the Football League Show, hes class

Watch 90 minutes, he gives the ball away more times than he does anything productive

[/quote]Yeah he''s awful.  14 goals and more assists than anybody in the league.  Terrible.What a clown.

I built my opinion of Wes when we signed him, we were in the Championship, I said he was poor then.

Now were in a tinpot league, Id expect 14 goals from a attacking midfielder playing for a club that was 10 points clear at the top of the table!

Dont get me wrong, if you watch the football league show, you''ll see him do a amazing cryuff turn, beat 3 men then play an amazing ball through like only he could, but the other 87 minutes he''ll be a burden.

He was very poor last year in the Championship, then again... who wasn''t? Wes has had very few chances to prove himself in the Championship as part of a settle team and next season will be the season we see just how capable he is. Still, his assist tally must be out the roof by now :)

We''ve had some great players this season but we are in League one which I keep reminding myself. The players that have really impressed me have been Korey Smith and Chris Martin to be honest.

I''m sorry but that is garbage.  Watch the Football League Show?  I can do better than that and watch 35+ games a season.

Yes he can make the wrong decisions and be frustrating but he can make something happen where others can''t.  Even in the Championship he was in good form before he got injured which helped relegate us and he was excellent for Blackpool the season before.  Without him we would not be top of the league.

Seems like you have a fixed opinion of a player and everything that happens afterwards has to fit round that.  God forbid you could get it wrong.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

I''m sorry but that is garbage.  Watch the Football League Show?  I can do better than that and watch 35+ games a season.

Yes he can make the wrong decisions and be frustrating but he can make something happen where others can''t.  Even in the Championship he was in good form before he got injured which helped relegate us and he was excellent for Blackpool the season before.  Without him we would not be top of the league.

Seems like you have a fixed opinion of a player and everything that happens afterwards has to fit round that.  God forbid you could get it wrong.

[/quote]Completely agreed.I don''t know how you can''t see what he offers us CD Mullins....I don''t know how anyone can argue Wes is a poor player, unless your knowledge on football is limited to 6 foot 4 hoofers.

Wes is a good player but he was pretty poor last night and has been since the turn of the year, hence he has hardly scored a goal in 2010.

But players come in and out of form and hopefully his dip will be over come Monday as we need a big result against Stockport.

He clearly should have scored last night which would have got us back in the match at 3-2 .

Yes, clearly the man is a cut above in this division, and I hope the same will be proven in the Championship with us, but his performances of late have not been up to HIS standards and I hope he doesn''t become a patchy player.

not sure if you were at the game or watched on tv, but I think if you were there you would have seen that he was absolutely knackered after an hour or so with 10 men. I think he was excellent, everything went through him, and he must hav covered more grass than anyone. No worries over his form for me.