Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

As moderator I should remain impartial...

...but after tonight I am fuming.

Even the Tranmere fan I watched the game with apologised.

Don''t know the officials names but they were a disgrace. Plain and simple.

Please don''t mistake this for sour grapes. I accepted the defeat at Millwall and the loss at home to Southampton as losing to the better team but tonight the moron in the middle ruined the game.

Not seen Lambert''s post-match interview but if he criticises the ref and gets fined for it I will gladly chip in.

Well Lambert''s post game interview started off by saying "I have to be careful of what I say" shortly followed by words along the lines of "shocking" and "diabolical"

Still guess this''ll get deleted in the morning.

Davo

Well said, Pete.The problem with watching any game on Sky Sports is that incidents such as the penalties and the hand-ball for the third goal get replayed from so many different angles, so many times, and so quickly, that you end up even more confused about what actually happened.  Was Rusty''s offence ball to hand or hand to ball, and does it matter?  Did Forster touch wossisname, or did he dive before the ''keeper even got there?  And was the ball controlled with the hand before the third goal, or the shoulder?I thought I knew the answer to all of these when they happened, but I''ve seen it so many times that I''m not more confused than ever.  I''m waiting for the online highlights on BBC to be able to watch one or two angles rather than Sky Sports'' epilepsy-inducing montages.Either way, the referee and his assistants were very poor throughout the game.  Aside from these major incidents, you''d expect them to at least be able to control the game with some level of authority, however they failed to even do this.  The man in the middle was quite clearly enjoying being on telly, he was strutting around as if he was taking part in a Gok Wan special.However, despite all that, there are two things we know for sure: 1) Millwall failed to capitalise and a draw between Swindon and Leeds would effectively make this result irrelevant (if it wasn''t already), and 2) Gary Karsa is a badass! [:D]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]

Please don''t mistake this for sour grapes. I accepted the defeat at Millwall and the loss at home to Southampton as losing to the better team but tonight the moron in the middle ruined the game.

Not seen Lambert''s post-match interview but if he criticises the ref and gets fined for it I will gladly chip in.

[/quote]

Well said, Pete. I was hoping that Lambo would chin the chimp in the middle actually. I think he was sorely tempted.

Good post Pete,if anything and having watched back the main lowlights of the game i am more angry this morning than what i was last night,the club should take it further and report the ref and linesman to the FA because it''s frankly the worst piece of refing i have ever seen!!!

While the ref was inept, the real villain was the idiot linesman on the near side to the cameras. Firstly he gave a penalty when he clearly had a poor angle and after the ref, who was much better placed, had waved play on. He WAS in the best position to give the blatant handball for the third, (and I get so annoyed by officials who make blatant errors and then bleat "Go away, go away!" when players try to talk to them). He then failed to get anywhere close to up with play when Martin hooked the ball back, hence the controversy, and, to cap of a great night, decided to have a myopia moment when Holty was quite clearly pulled down in the box.

I''m sick to death of officials who see Sky cameras as a chance to make a name for themselves and ingratiate themselves with the home fans.

Worst piece of refereeing I have seen for years, so many key decisions wrong or ill informed by the totally incompetent Linesman and this chump made D''Urso look World class.

Can''t dissagree with any of that Pete.Hopefully the FA will look at their performances!Inept[:@]

[/quote]

If it''s any consolation Pete, I recorded it on my Media Centre.

Have watched the incidents  still frame at a time using the best technology available!!

And in view of all this and taking as many angles as technology allows "HE IS STILL A TWAT"

[/quote]

I still can''t accept the defeat at home to Southampton!

Yes they were the better team but that doesn''t excuse two wrong decisions that had a major bearing the result. Southamptons 1st goal should of been disallowed for a push on Nelson, split second before the ball went in the net. Russells sending of was a free kick to Southampton at the most, not even a yellow card!

Last night was dire. I never saw the 1st handball that led to Tranmeres 1st goal, yet their 3rd goal was so blatant that it doesn''t seem possible the linesman who gave a handball that wasn''t clear couldn''t see it yet alone the referee!

Spot on SDP[Y] officilas were bloody aweful to say the least!!!

has anyone got a link to PL after match interview please...i missed it...thnx in advance...My god i bet he had to bite his lip...as he was giving the ref hell when he was sending him to the stands as was the other fella cant remenber his name

Lets just hope we win our next 3 games which should either have us promoted or it depending on Huddersfield vs Millwall the night before Charlton

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]Speaking to it from a USA perspective I''ve seen basketball players use their hands less than Curran did. [:D][/quote]what made me laugh when the comentator said"if he was wearing a watch it would of hit it" lol

The decisions went against us all night long!  The ref and linesmen might as well have been wearing Tranmere shirts.  The Norwich board should put an official complaint in against their blatant incompetence and get them suspended from officiating in any further matches this (or any other) season until they have retaken all the necessary training and assessments required to referee properly in the football league.I couldn''t believe the woeful decisions made during the match.  The first penalty wasn''t a penalty it was ball to shoulder blade, Russell''s arms were by his side and he was pulling his shoulder back away from the ball when it hit him, the ref played on and then stopped after the linesman flagged for a penalty which he quite clearly didn''t see properly as they booked the wrong man (I didn''t see Russell Martin touch the ball at all from the set piece or go anywhere near the ref or linesman to have been booked for arguing with them).The second was a bit more dubious although from the replays on sky it looked very much like Thomas-Moore was half way to ground before Forster caught his trailing foot (I give that dive an 8.5 out of 10).  I will accept that these calls can be difficult to call and the player diving usually gets the decision.The third was so blatantly a hand ball with the ref and linesman in good positions to see they and Curran should hang their heads in shame!   If Lambert and the players feel as angry as I do, all I can say is god help Stockport on Monday!! [:@]

Having just about calmed down after last night, I still can''t believe some of the decisions. 4 goals and it can be argued none of them should have been.

The other thing that pissed me off last night was watching SSN and having them make the game sound as though Tranmere completely outplayed us. They described it as ''a brilliant night and a brilliant performance from Tranmere''. Not sure how they can come to that conclusion bearing in mind had we had a half decent ref in charge it would have been a draw at best...

And possibly the worst out of all of it is that the officials won''t even comment on the game neither the RA will even admit they were wrong.

no need to apologise Pete you are as much of a fan as any of us and rightly aggrieved!

the 2nd Penalty i thought he got right, but the first peantly hit Rustys thigh, the 3rd goal was handled Twice i thought!

Just sem to think they had it in for us....

As for Lambert being sernt to the stand for kicking the ball when on the pitch.. it had goen dead.. he wasnt interefering with play.. i recall Jose Mourinho doing things like that regularly at Chelski.. funny how he got away with it wasnt it? but then the big 4 do make the rules.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="Longy"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8601345.stm Lambert''s interview to Radio Norfolk.[/quote]thnx[Y][/quote]how many times did he use poor lol...i think he was trying to say fecking aweful lol...totally agreed with everything the man said[Y][/quote]"Carefully chosen words" i think would be a very good description!

What I don''t understand is why Russell was not sent off as the laws are quite clear.

Rule 12 has

A penalty shall be awarded if -

"a players handles the ball deliberately"

and futher adds that a red card shall be shown if a player commits an offence as -

"denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball"

For a penalty to be awarded Russell would needed to have DELIBERATEDLY handled the ball. Given the position he was in so close to the goal line it therefore has to be one of denying a "a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity". Therfore it had to be a sending off offence.

I would argue that is the line the club, the fans and the pinkun should be pursuing. Arguing whether it was a penalty merely allows the officials to say it was, as they saw it.

Putting aside that view, any question as to why Russell was not sent off brings into question the competence of the two officials. If they do not understand the laws of the game, do they the competence to inforce those laws ?

Against Tranmere clearly not.