Sign in to follow this  
Chris.

Can we still be promoted at Orient?

[quote user="Northern Canary"]Everyone pretty much assumed a comfortable win against tranmere, so the result should push it all back a game. Charlton away looks more realistic[/quote]Not necessarily, it all depends on results still over this weekend, if Leeds and Swindon draw today, we''d still be top by 10 points.  If we win all of our next 3 (including Orient), only Millwall and Leeds doing exactly the same would prevent us winning promotion and the title at Orient.

We could actually be promoted in between the Orient and Charlton games.  Millwall play away at Huddersfield on the Friday night before the Charlton game and it is possible that we would be promoted if they failed to win.

It gets very complicated if Swindon win at Leeds today

Having spent half an hour on the BBC predictor, I still think we will be promoted at Orient. 

The short answer is yes but the smart question on current form is whether to place a cover bet against us folding like a clothes horse and finshing 3rd/4th. Still good odds before the Stockport game

[quote user="Methane"]The short answer is yes but the smart question on current form is whether to place a cover bet against us folding like a clothes horse and finshing 3rd/4th. Still good odds before the Stockport game[/quote]What would that be then?  14 wins in 18?  Or does current form only reflect on one game?!!

Last 3 games (attended personally not via tv or radio norfolk) is my current form assessment......unmotivated and very fortunate at Swindon, undeserved last minute winner against Leeds who played better passing football, and undisciplined at Tranmere whose namely is usually pre-fixed with the word ''lowly''. We have played brilliantly before, but they say the last points are the most difficult.

Never heard such rubbish. Champions get promoted because they get results in the games they dont play well in.

I must be wrong then.

Can you let me know where I can buy some green and yellow tinted specs, lose my objectivity, and join you in the land of the deluded.

Its very easy to adapt the facts to suit an argument. Yes the last 3 games may not have been the greatest performances, but two of them were against 2 strong promotion rivals (who despite playing badly against we took 4 points off), and last nights game was heavily influenced by refereeing decisions. But our form still reads 20 something wins from about 30 games. It would take a spectacular reverse of fortunes to collapse to 3rd/4th.

Yes, everybody played very very well.... and did their job perefectly.....and tried ever so hard,,,and the fans sang songs ... and ..

If only we hadn''t given away two penalties, had our keeper sent-off and a manager sent to the stands I''m sure we would have won 5-0.

Oh hold on a minute we only had two shots so make that 2-0. Never mind we''re bound to win against Stockport cos their bottom.

Deja vu, deja vu.... deja vu

Fact is even mid table form in the last 7 games would probably see us over the line. Unless your predicting we are going to lose every game between now and the end of the season?

[quote user="Methane"]Last 3 games (attended personally not via tv or radio norfolk) is my current form assessment......unmotivated and very fortunate at Swindon, undeserved last minute winner against Leeds who played better passing football, and undisciplined at Tranmere whose namely is usually pre-fixed with the word ''lowly''. We have played brilliantly before, but they say the last points are the most difficult.[/quote]

So that is "unmotivated and very fortunate" at Swindon and "undisciplined" at Tranmere.Looks like there is a simple answer.....LAMBERT OUT!!!!!!

Whatever you are drinking give it up right now Methane as it is obviously playing havoc your objectivity.You mention the prefix "lowly" Tranmere so how would you prefix Swindon.That is the Swindon who are chasing hard for automatic promotion by the way.

I''m still convinced we''ll be promoted at Orient, or at worst 12 ahead of 3rd with 12 to play for.Funnily enough, the team who will probably determine it are Colchester who play both Swindon and Millwall in the next 3 games.

[quote user="ncfcstar"]I''m still convinced we''ll be promoted at Orient, or at worst 12 ahead of 3rd with 12 to play for.Funnily enough, the team who will probably determine it are Colchester who play both Swindon and Millwall in the next 3 games.[/quote]

You and me both mate. Orient is going to be my last game this season and according to the Pinkun I was promised an ''East End Knees up''!