Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Eddie Ilderson (the Ref) and why he looks so stupid after this fiasco

The rules of the game state,

A direct free kick is also awarded to the opposing team if a player commits any

of the following three offences:

• holds an opponent

• spits at an opponent

handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within his own penalty area)

The nuts and bolts of this mean, the ball has to be played by the hand or arm. It certainly does not mean when the ball is fired at you it is deliberate if it hits you on the arm, especially if your arm is by your side.

Now bearing that in mind, he has taken the advice of an assistant Ref who is standing sideways on to the incident. Eddie Ilderson was NOT in a good enough position to see the incident himself, and therefore should not have given it, as the assistant didn''t have a clear enough view to say it was deliberate.

The second penalty Mr Ilderson was also not in a good enough position to see if there had been contact. When you know full well that any striker in this position is going to go down like he has been shot, you have to be in the right place to make the right decision, as he wasn''t I have to question his fitness/positioning, as any contact there was appeared to be minimal (it always seems strange to me that nearly every time in this situation the refs favour the attacker).

The third goal, well what can you say.

Eddie Ilderson super assistant had a ''clear view'' of the earlier ''handball'', but fails to see a Tranmere player actually controlling the ball before shooting right in front of him.

The three officials should take a good look at their performances tonight, they were not good enough. But what makes it even more farcical is the fact that the FA will no doubt appoint them to another game next week where they can go on to make the same mistakes, or worse. The fact that the poor officials just trundle on from one game to the next under the cloak of the FA is undoubtably bringing the game into disrepute without any help from clubs or players.

Am I sick about tonight?

After having 2 off the line,

You Betcha...

He''s also compounded it by lying. A manager coming on to the pitch to return a ball isn''t in itself a sending off (according to Sky, but I''m sure Wazzy can confiirm) but he''s now retrospectively justifying it by saying that Lambo was aggressive towards him, but the footage clearly shows him gesture Lambert upstairs while near the middle of the pitch and as the camera also shows Lambo it''s quite clear that he has said nothing at that point. The bloke is an absolute disgrace.

http://www.refworld.com/referee/144/1/eddie-ilderton

What skills do you think you need to become a referee?

"The most important is excellent management, and communication skills. If you can''t talk to players then you will struggle."

In your opinion who is/was the best referee?

"Pierluigi Collina. Total respect from everyone"

EPIC FAIL (as the youngsters say)

To criticise Ilderson is a bit rash - the blame lies almost entirely with his assistant - he gave the ''handball'' against Russell when the ref had let it go. He''s put doubt in Ildersons mind. The second is 50 - 50 - always a risk if the keeper doesn''t get there, so can''t blame him for getting it wrong (he is wrong).

The third is again a poor decision by the assistant again putting doubt in the refs mind.

As for Lambert & Karsa, the ref will always win a slanging match by sending them off.

The worst decision of the night was for Sky to televise it and jinx us.

[quote user="Beauseant"]He''s also compounded it by lying. A manager coming on to the pitch to return a ball isn''t in itself a sending off (according to Sky, but I''m sure Wazzy can confiirm) but he''s now retrospectively justifying it by saying that Lambo was aggressive towards him, but the footage clearly shows him gesture Lambert upstairs while near the middle of the pitch and as the camera also shows Lambo it''s quite clear that he has said nothing at that point. The bloke is an absolute disgrace.[/quote]

In the course of several games we often see managers return the ball to their players especially if it has gone out near to the dugout. As I remember Paul Lambert was returning the ball for City free kick, therefore the ball was dead. So he couldn''t have encroached onto the pitch OR played the ball while it was in play.

Saying Lambert was agressive towards him is pitiful. he should go home and analyse his own performance rather than trying to point the finger

Tranmere had a novel way of a manager being on the pitch tho, as hes the physio too!!! Surely that shouldnt be allowed, as he is also the only person a ref cannot dismiss from the pitchside area!! ( Before anyone slates me that IS the law!!)

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

To criticise Ilderson is a bit rash - the blame lies almost entirely with his assistant - he gave the ''handball'' against Russell when the ref had let it go. He''s put doubt in Ildersons mind. The second is 50 - 50 - always a risk if the keeper doesn''t get there, so can''t blame him for getting it wrong (he is wrong).

The third is again a poor decision by the assistant again putting doubt in the refs mind.

As for Lambert & Karsa, the ref will always win a slanging match by sending them off.

[/quote]

Ilderson should brief his assistants as to what he wants from them.

Most Refs will tell you (as an assistant) dont make me look a ****, I can do that myself.

Well thats what one ref told me in an FA Vase game !!!

During the Radio Norfolk commentary Chris Goreham said "get a grip ref". Well the only thing he''s going to grip is his c**k...........what a to$$er.[:@]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[quote user="Beauseant"]He''s also compounded it by lying. A manager coming on to the pitch to return a ball isn''t in itself a sending off (according to Sky, but I''m sure Wazzy can confiirm) but he''s now retrospectively justifying it by saying that Lambo was aggressive towards him, but the footage clearly shows him gesture Lambert upstairs while near the middle of the pitch and as the camera also shows Lambo it''s quite clear that he has said nothing at that point. The bloke is an absolute disgrace.[/quote]

In the course of several games we often see managers return the ball to their players especially if it has gone out near to the dugout. As I remember Paul Lambert was returning the ball for City free kick, therefore the ball was dead. So he couldn''t have encroached onto the pitch OR played the ball while it was in play.

Saying Lambert was agressive towards him is pitiful. he should go home and analyse his own performance rather than trying to point the finger

[/quote]

Best bit of that for me was he was only getting the ball back as a TRANMERE PLAYER had kicked the ball away. Needless to say the Tranmere player wasnt even booked

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

[/quote]

But this would seem to be a fair account from a qpr site:

Referee: Eddie Ilderton (Tyne & Wear) 4 - Positioning was consistently awful and was therefore always a long, long, long way away from any incident that took place. Compare him to Steve Bennett, not a particularly good elite official himself, at the weekend when he was right on the spot of any foul with a quick blast of the whistle and away we went again and the difference was stark. I lost count of the amount of times neither he nor his linesman, one of which showed no signs of life whatsoever throughout the game, looked blankly at each other and then guessed a decision. Missed Patrick Agyemang being pulled back by the neck after turning his full back, missed countless shirt pulling offences, accused a player of diving and then awarded another a free kick for the same thing seconds later and so it goes on. Also apparently turned up with a sun dial to keep time only to find that it gets dark in Barnsley about 6pm at the moment – hence a first half that he said he would extend by two minutes ended up running to 50. Either that or he wanted to see what happened with their corners, bless him.

What makes it even worse, after lamberts comments on sky sports news, he will probably get a fine for "bringing the game into disrupt" what a load of b0llocks. Everyone else can say the ref was shite, why can''t the manager say his opinion!

[quote user="book end"][quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]

[/quote]

But this would seem to be a fair account from a qpr site:

Referee: Eddie Ilderton (Tyne & Wear) 4 - Positioning was consistently awful and was therefore always a long, long, long way away from any incident that took place. Compare him to Steve Bennett, not a particularly good elite official himself, at the weekend when he was right on the spot of any foul with a quick blast of the whistle and away we went again and the difference was stark. I lost count of the amount of times neither he nor his linesman, one of which showed no signs of life whatsoever throughout the game, looked blankly at each other and then guessed a decision. Missed Patrick Agyemang being pulled back by the neck after turning his full back, missed countless shirt pulling offences, accused a player of diving and then awarded another a free kick for the same thing seconds later and so it goes on. Also apparently turned up with a sun dial to keep time only to find that it gets dark in Barnsley about 6pm at the moment – hence a first half that he said he would extend by two minutes ended up running to 50. Either that or he wanted to see what happened with their corners, bless him.

[/quote]

Exactly my point I''m glad someone else agrees.

It''s hard to get any respect when you are not up to the job.

To be fair to the clown in the middle, it was the balding dwarf and his flag (or lack thereof) that really screwed us!

from reading that interview with Ilderton it seems his Dad used t be a ref and therefore "pulled a few strings" to get Junior into the role.. so he can hoodwink everyone!

Kenny Dalgliesh was a footballer, Paul Dalgleish wqas pretending to be one....

similar situation. Ilderton Jnr is out of his depth and is only doing the job because Daddy got it for him!

i wanted 2 kill him first......but dont 4 get first prize. season ticket for norwich next year.......happy killing everyone [:D]

WANTED FOR MASQUERADING AS A REFEREE

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/09112009/8/photo/eddie-ilderton-referee.html

NO PRICE ON HIS HEAD AS HE WAS PRICELESS LAST NIGHT