Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Only £1.2 Million !!!

What is up with that?  Can''t see us getting a major signing with small pocket change like that...unless we sell, which doesn''t help us either.

Whats happened to the money that was there for buying a striker in August? Surely this has to be added to the 1.2 mill, as at that point in time they still had to provide for the potential share payments? Or was it never there in the first place?

Note no questions or comments on this in todays announcements!!

Is this all a game to lull prospective sellers, or have we already done a deal that is not revealed yet, but accounts for the outstanding August money?

Lots of outstanding questions remain methinks!!

The club budgeted that all Preference Shareholders would reclaim their shares, once promotion had been achieved. The fact that the majority didn''t means that this money will be made available to Worthy.

I still think there''s a lot more to come but the club are playing their cards close to their chest. Remember all the grief they got the summer before last when we were trying to sign a striker and kept losing out for various reasons.

The club seems to have a developed a policy of "Promise very little, deliver a lot more"

That''s just a personal opinion

My usually sound sources (bust ups excluded) suggest that there is more in the pot, as I posted a couple of weeks ago, but they dont want to let rivals know what we can go to fearing the rip off factor.

Sounds like a bit of spin to me - but we should know more by Feb.

I liked the idea of mortgaging Greeno for a cool mill or so. If we stay up we can cover that loan with another season prem pay out, if we go down we sell greeno and repay from the fee. A more palatable approach that selling greeno in Jan.

OTBC

With 1.2 mill i can''t see us coming anywhere near to bringing in a decent striker. one option would be a loan signing for a striker or we could sell doherty ( where the hell has he gone??? ) as sheffield utd were said to be interested. that would add a little extra for worthy to spend. maybe that could be enough to sign scowcroft who we should''ve signed in summer.

one things for sure is that with that pittance of a transfer budget we need to make good use of the one loan option we still have. OTBC

Mr Volpe. Please tell us all how much needs to be spent then to bring in a decent striker. As clearly, Hux at £750k isn''t by your definition, nor is Leon at £500k. (Going by 1.2m being not nearly enough to bring in a half-decent striker)...West Brom paid £4.5m for Earnshaw and he''s not scored as many as Hux, so go on, please tell us the figure required....

I agree with using our last loan option...but we have to be careful, as we have a small squad, that we select the right player (not another Elvis, like last year).  A good example is now when we have two central midfielders out it looks bleaker than a couple of weeks ago in this area when we appeared to be quite healthy. 

You never know when another injury or two might hits us and also suspensions from 5 bookings (i.e., Bentley has four bookings now)

[quote]With 1.2 mill i can''t see us coming anywhere near to bringing in a decent striker. one option would be a loan signing for a striker or we could sell doherty ( where the hell has he gone??? ) as sheff...[/quote]

Now, I''m all for playing this cards close to your chest malarkey. But as usual, there too many questions flying about, and not enough answers.

If, and I must stress the word if, there is more more cash flying about then what Doomcaster is saying, Then it is my opinion, that he is being a tad economical with the truth.

So no change there, then!.