Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Ian Thomas Moore Great Dive !!!

The main reason for this post is to say that the FA need to look into players who are goin through one on one with the keeper only to take the ball too wide or to over hit the ball as they go past the keeper, Moore done the latter last night and ref fell for it big time. You will see that thing at least once a week and its just cheating ! Why can''t refs see this, because i know we all did !!!

Huckerby used to do it all the time. I don''t remember anyone complaining then.

Holt had the chance to do the same at the other end but did the right thing, maintained control of the ball and got a shot on - I wonder whether he regrets not being more synical and drawing their keeper into a red card?I for one am proud of him for staying on his feet and trying to score a footballing goal!

He did take it too far wide, if he had stayed on his feet then he wouln''t have scored...Saying that, it did look like an iffy attempt from Forster to get the ball when it was clearly out of his reach though...

Yep Forster made a booboo no argument there. I think it was the only one of the 5 big decisions against us that the ref got right.

[quote user="Romantic"]Yep Forster made a booboo no argument there. I think it was the only one of the 5 big decisions against us that the ref got right.
[/quote]

It wasnt the right decision. If you look closely Thomas-Moore is already on his way down before coming into contact with Forster

[quote user="dejanstenfanovic"]The main reason for this post is to say that the FA need to look into players who are goin through one on one with the keeper only to take the ball too wide or to over hit the ball as they go past the keeper, Moore done the latter last night and ref fell for it big time. You will see that thing at least once a week and its just cheating ! Why can''t refs see this, because i know we all did !!![/quote]Can you honestly say that if the incident has happened at the other end of the pitch you would have called it as anything other than a nailed on penalty? Get over it, it was (as someone else has said) just about the only correct decision that muppet made all game.

[quote user="Canaryette"]

[quote user="Romantic"]Yep Forster made a booboo no argument there. I think it was the only one of the 5 big decisions against us that the ref got right.[/quote]

It wasnt the right decision. If you look closely Thomas-Moore is already on his way down before coming into contact with Forster

[/quote]I agree that he was looking for it but Forster knows better than to give him that opportunity. As I said in my first response I''m proud that we have Holt who chose to stay on his feet. I said to my mate last night that if I was the keeping coach at Newcastle I''d have enjoyed that sending off. It''s what they loan him out for - to learn from things like that. Further more it is in my humble opinion the only one the ref got right because - as the original post indicates - he couldn''t really have been expected to give anything else. Forster did go for it and there was contact.

Sure, it''s a dive. But he made sure he came into contact with Forster on the way down. A clever bit of play from their striker. Win a penalty and go an extra man up. Shame Holt didn''t do the same when he reached their keeper 1v1.

[quote user="Canaryette"]

[quote user="Romantic"]Yep Forster made a booboo no argument there. I think it was the only one of the 5 big decisions against us that the ref got right.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Exactly right - he cheated plain and simple.  Yes you could say Forster gave him the opportunity - but I''m not too sure what else he could do after such a shocking backpass.  Regardless it was a dive and he should have been booked for it.

It happens all the time now, a striker gets one on one, instead of shooting, go round the keeper, and dive, but keep a foot on the ground, so they get caught (apart from Holt, he just tries to score.....)Its not very fair, but in 99% of cases, the keeper catches him, so its a foul, and a Red.....

a dive consists of no contact.. Forster brought him down... the TV cameras confirm this.. its a penalty, and unfortunately for us, a red card.

You could argue it was only a yellow, as the goal scoring opportunity had passed as he had took the ball wide. Nevertheless, Forster brought him down, and it was a penalty.

[quote user="AJ"]You could argue it was only a yellow, as the goal scoring opportunity had passed as he had took the ball wide. Nevertheless, Forster brought him down, and it was a penalty.
[/quote]

After watching Vidic in the League Cup Final you could say it was not a card at all, different rules for different games, different rules for different clubs, respect for the FA.

Agree with the majority on this one, the only call that was correct last night.

After not scoring in his last two open goals after rounding the keeper, I''d say Holty is overdue a dive over the keeper for a PK!

not sure what all the fuss is about. great play from the forward, made sure he made contact with the keeper, gets a pen and makes sure he is sent off, end off, ref got it spot on.

At first I thought that the 2nd penalty was definately a pen, but looking at it in slow motion on the highlights I do now think that T-M seems to start falling down before he makes contact with Forster

[quote user="HazzaJet"]At first I thought that the 2nd penalty was definately a pen, but looking at it in slow motion on the highlights I do now think that T-M seems to start falling down before he makes contact with Forster
[/quote]

He left his right leg in to make sure he made contact with forster, had no intention of going round him, as i said before, got the goal and a man sent off, as much as it pains me to say it but its great play from the forward.

[quote user="newboy"]

[quote user="HazzaJet"]At first I thought that the 2nd penalty was definately a pen, but looking at it in slow motion on the highlights I do now think that T-M seems to start falling down before he makes contact with Forster
[/quote]

He left his right leg in to make sure he made contact with forster, had no intention of going round him, as i said before, got the goal and a man sent off, as much as it pains me to say it but its great play from the forward.

[/quote]

You call it great play I call it cheating.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You know as well as i do that if martin or holt had done the same we would have no complaints,  cheating would be if no contact had been made at all !

[quote user="newboy"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="newboy"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You know as well as i do that if martin or holt had done the same we would have no complaints,  cheating would be if no contact had been made at all !

[/quote]

But it wasn''t the other way round was it?  He threw himself at the goalie not the other way round, he was clearly doing a superman before reaching the keeper.  In any other game that would be called cheating.

[quote user="handofcraig25"]never a dive........[/quote]

Wily professional play might be a more acceptable description for you to stomach. Enjoy League Two by the way.

Now get back to burgling your neighbours.

I think Moore was already going down before contact was made.....However...[img]http://www.sportbox.tv/images/actionimages/football/2010/04/02/1270238284_spt_ai_tranmerevnorwich_05.jpg[/img]I''m not sure if that picture will work, but if not follow the link. Penalty and red card, no question - can''t do that!

Its ok saying ''Ive watched it closely again and IT-M was already going down'' The ref couldnt do that.

He got it spot on, Was a pentalty and had to go. If you want to blame anyone, blame Doc and Foster. Truly awful backpass and needless challenge by Fraser.

If that had happened at the other end and the ref didnt give the panalty we would be going mad!