Sign in to follow this  
Yorkshire  Canary

Could we afford Snodgrass?

One of Leeds better players and he impressed me a great deal when we last played them. Lambert was his manager at Livingstone and should know a great deal about him. At 22 and with Leeds imploding he deserves better than another season in league 1 and i feel he could have a major impact in the championship. Could we afford him and if so would you want him?

I reckon he will probably go to someone like Middlesborough etc. I also wouldn''t want him here, not that I think he isn''t a good player I''m just not a fan him.

All about money I suppose.  I don''t think anyone knows what we have financially.  It must be on Lamberts mind, as Flemming said, the jump between league one and the Championship is massive now so we''re going to need every penny we can muster.  Let''s see what the board can come up with.  (The Norwich board not the pinkun one!)

It would also really rub it in if Little old Norwich won the league and nicked one of Leeds better players as they downsize their playing budget for another season in division 3.[:)]

There''s probably better players out there other than picking over Leeds'' underachievers.  I''ve a good feeling about Lambert being able to attract good players to play here in the Championship.First stop get the goalkeeper sorted before any other position.

[quote user="CDMullins"]Id have Kisnorbo, Klykenny, Snodgrass and Beckford.

All championship players.[/quote]I wouldn''t have Beckford - I think he''s too greedy for the ball. Kisnorbo and Snodgrass maybe, Klykenny I don''t know anything about

Kisnorbo and Snodgrass without doubt. Why would we want a known bad apple like Beckford in our dressing room?

Snodgrass would be top of my list. He is a quality player.

Not so sure about Kisnorbo, bit injury prone by the looks of it and not convinced he''d be an improvement.

Beckford...football wise you''d have to say yes because he''s a dangerous player. Depends how much trouble he really is, I guess.

Howson is quite a decent player to be fair and still got plenty of time to push on. And actually Bradley Johnson is alright, quite a strong and powerful lad and he can score a goal as well.

Leeds would probably want at least a million for him I reckon.  I don''t think we need to go buying Leeds players though, I''m sure Lambert will be able to attract decent enough players anyway.

I would have him here in a shot, think he is better than Beckfuk.

But he will go to a low prem team or high Chump team, can see Leeds still getting promoted though, if thats the case, he will stay.

At this time, no we could not afford him.Big things are being made of him, so I would imagine he would be rated at at least 1.5 to 2 million pounds, which obviously we could not afford now.

Snodgrass would be a great addition to our team, he is a class player with an edge to him which I like. I couldnt give a monkeys if he`s a Leeds player, he is the sort of player we will need to move us up a level next season and the sort of player we should be buying. We have to invest for the Championship if  we are going to be  serious about pushing for top 6, there should be a fair load of cash heading our way from Newcastle and West Broms parachute payments at the very least.