Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Norwich vs Stockport - Nothing Else Matters.

The game on Easter Monday is the only thing we need to worry about.

It is worth three points, same as Leeds.

It is one less game for us and the pack behind - only six left.

It will leave us, in my estimation only one win from promotion.

It will banish the set back last Friday from the memory.

It will calm those doubters - the last thing we need is a nervous crowd. Patient and confident will do.

The rest will all take care of themselves and slowly melt away.

It would be nice to steamroller Stockport but any win will do, although I would love to see a Yeovil style comfortable win for a change.

It is all that matters folks. If we win, the rest can do nothing except beat each other.

One final thing, it will set us up for MK Dons and to do what we have done after past set backs.....go on a run.

After Friday night, I wouldnt want to be Stockport come Monday afternoon. I hope we steamroller them!

Why would there be any doubters after the way we played against the 13 men..  Only if we fail to perform and fail to get a convincing result against bottom of the table and doomed Stockport should there be any concerns.

Everyone seems to think there''ll be a backlash & Stockport will be flattened.It doesn''t always go like that. The team may well be knackered. Something bizarre may occur again - a flukey OG, perfectly good goal disallowed, 2 or 3 key players injured, anything. It happens.The important thing is for everyone to keep faith. I thought the team performance - & the support - was admirable on Friday; to see how far we''ve come, compare that performance to the first game of the season.Tomorrow could turn out to be another (even bigger) test of character. If it is, I''m certain we''ll pass it!OTBC!!

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Everyone seems to think there''ll be a backlash & Stockport will be flattened.

It doesn''t always go like that. The team may well be knackered. Something bizarre may occur again - a flukey OG, perfectly good goal disallowed, 2 or 3 key players injured, anything. It happens.
The important thing is for everyone to keep faith. I thought the team performance - & the support - was admirable on Friday; to see how far we''ve come, compare that performance to the first game of the season.

Tomorrow could turn out to be another (even bigger) test of character. If it is, I''m certain we''ll pass it!

OTBC!!

[/quote]

You''re quite right ron. The pressure is on for everyone as we enter the final furlong. An early goal would be great, but if we get to,say, 70 minutes at 0-0 it''s important that we don''t start getting anxious. We have proved our quality over the long term and we''ll get the job done, even if it''s ugly!

I''m really nervous about the Stockport game, lol

Having said that we''ll probably go out and thrash them perhaps even getting close to our record victory if not setting a new record.

9-0 City

If we play like we did agaisnt Tranmere then we will slaughter them.  We didn''t play bad agaisnt tranmere it was just that we were playing 13 men, maybe even 14 if you include the lino.  I think we will slaughter them but 9-0 is a bit to much wishful thinking!  5-0![:D]

[quote user="frenchcanary"]I agree .......watched City for 39 years now we will be fine........[/quote]

Oh your a new boy then 45 for me, and starting to feel happy again, trouble is Happy don''t like to be felt.   

Should be an easy win. Stockport are rock bottom - we only lost to Tranmere because of the controversy over the goals. If the first spot-kick hadn''t been given, I reckon we would have beaten them 3-0

Fortunately Lambert will not have the concerns that some contributors show in this thread. The team will be ready and put right the injustice of Friday night. I have doubts at suggesting anything to this manager but I do hope that Chris Martin is on from the start. I think he would have put away some of those first half chances on Friday.

After Friday night I am not overly confident, in fact, I have that same nervous feeling about tomorrow as I had Friday.  The players must do better and score early.

[quote user="HazzaJet"]Should be an easy win. Stockport are rock bottom - we only lost to Tranmere because of the controversy over the goals. If the first spot-kick hadn''t been given, I reckon we would have beaten them 3-0
[/quote]

I agree with you. We should win easy peasy [:)]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]After Friday night I am not overly confident, in fact, I have that same nervous feeling about tomorrow as I had Friday.  The players must do better and score early.[/quote]After Friday night, I''m actually even more confident than I think I would have been - said it a few times over this weekend that our players are going to be hurting from the perceived injustice with the officiating at Tranmere and will probably be looking to take it out on someone... Stockport are probably cacking themselves, frankly!

I think we will see a reaction and a good one at that. If we get an early goal and the crowd rocks, not panic strewn etc, then we can expect a rout. But Stockport got thumped and are scrapping for there lifes.

Come on the yellows.

I know some are wondering how this game will go after Friday, I must admit that I''m feeling a bit nervous but I think we lost to Tranmere due to controversy more than performance. Stockport are rock bottom and we are still 9 points clear at the top. I''m confident of a win though.At home this season we have:Won 15Drawn 2Lost 2 = 47 pts from possible 57Scored 43Conceded 18Away from home this season Stockport have:Won 3Drawn 4Lost 12 = 13 pts from 57Scored 12Conceded 35

You see it in all sports, tennis being a good example. It is crossing that finishing line and it isn''t easy.

I guess we should only look to the next game and if we win this game I have a feeling it will lift a lot of the pressure the final furlong holds.

If you are chasing like Swindon and Millwall the pressure is very different. That is why Norwich won a string of games up to Fulham at the end of the Prem season then flopped when all they had to do was cross the final line.

Worthington handled this situation very well, it is a big test of Lambert''s credentials. For all these reasons the Stockport game is crucial, we have to win it, not look to thrash them or seek revenge for Tranmere, just win this game.