Sign in to follow this  
MargateCanary

Can anyone recommend a decent cafe........

I''m staying up with the family in a travelodge after the game on Monday and don''t fancy Little Chef breakfast,  can anyone suggest a decent cafe where we can get a good full english?Will be going back into city centre Tuesday morning on park and ride.Thanks in advance.

[quote user="MargateCanary"]I''m staying up with the family in a travelodge after the game on Monday and don''t fancy Little Chef breakfast,  can anyone suggest a decent cafe where we can get a good full english?

Will be going back into city centre Tuesday morning on park and ride.

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

Depends which Travel Lodge you''re staying in but if you''re near the football ground then Morrisons do a big cooked breakfast for about £4 as do sainsbury''s at Pound Lane.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="MargateCanary"]I''m staying up with the family in a travelodge after the game on Monday and don''t fancy Little Chef breakfast,  can anyone suggest a decent cafe where we can get a good full english?

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

Depends which Travel Lodge you''re staying in but if you''re near the football ground then Morrisons do a big cooked breakfast for about £4 as do sainsbury''s at Pound Lane.

[/quote]

Do i detect that you spend a lot of time out of the kitchen Angel?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes I don''t believe a woman should spend too much time in the kitchen [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Does that mean you are the other one according to Jerry Hall''s mum CA?[;)]

Stay clear of Pats Cafe....gone seriously downhill.....like someone else said...bond Street cafe or the one on unthank....the one on unthank is actually the best in the city IMO.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why bother with Morrisons and Sainsburys because they sell the products that SHOULD ensure you spend time in the kitchen?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="cityangel"]

Thanks in advance.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why bother with Morrisons and Sainsburys because they sell the products that SHOULD ensure you spend time in the kitchen?

[/quote]

I''m not too domesticated Tilly so like eating out although must admit don''t eat cooked breakfasts too often but have tried them at these 2 places on odd occasions and they are quite good.

dunno about blow out ..when pat finds you been rubbishing his establishment on a public forum it`ll be a blow to the head [:D]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Stay clear of Pats Cafe....gone seriously downhill.....like someone else said...bond Street cafe or the one on unthank....the one on unthank is actually the best in the city IMO.[/quote]Hahahaha, I spent far too much time in pats cafe during year eleven and sixth form, food was shite but the old skool arcade games in the back room were the best in the city, twin cobra was epic!!

Thanks for all the suggestions, sounds like I may be heading for the Unthank Kitchen.We are staying at the Thickthorn Travelodge as easiest route in from Margate, will be going back into the city Tuesday morning so the wife can do a bit of shopping (compromise on her going to the match Monday considering she''s a gooner!!).Hoping for a good match to try and turn her into a green and yellow fan! [;)]

[quote user="MargateCanary"]Thanks for all the suggestions, sounds like I may be heading for the Unthank Kitchen.

We are staying at the Thickthorn Travelodge as easiest route in from Margate, will be going back into the city Tuesday morning so the wife can do a bit of shopping (compromise on her going to the match Monday considering she''s a gooner!!).

Hoping for a good match to try and turn her into a green and yellow fan! [;)]
[/quote]

Please provide a full report after your visit.  I may have to change my allegiance from Bond Street.

[quote user="yellow blood"]The Unthank Kitchen on Unthank Road is simply the best![/quote]Amen brother! [Y]Also I recommend Pat''s Cafe on Hall Road, next to a wedding shop.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Stay clear of Pats Cafe....gone seriously downhill.....like someone else said...bond Street cafe or the one on unthank....the one on unthank is actually the best in the city IMO.[/quote]Oh. [:(]Haven''t been for a year or two and used to love it. [:''(]

There is also a good health food shop on the market where you can get yoghurt, prunes and all bran [;)]

[quote user="MargateCanary"]Thanks for all the suggestions, sounds like I may be heading for the Unthank Kitchen.

We are staying at the Thickthorn Travelodge as easiest route in from Margate, will be going back into the city Tuesday morning so the wife can do a bit of shopping (compromise on her going to the match Monday considering she''s a gooner!!).

Hoping for a good match to try and turn her into a green and yellow fan! [;)]
[/quote]

the celler house is just of the a11, pretty much on your way in, no more then 3 minutes from thickthorn

http://www.thecellarhouse.com/

there doing bogoff on full english at moment £4.95

[quote user="Kathy"]There is also a good health food shop on the market where you can get yoghurt, prunes and all bran [;)][/quote]

Are you my wife in disguise?

[quote user="yellow hammer"]What''s a kitchen, is it some sort of girl''s room?[/quote]

its that place you keep the meat for a bbq, and where the beer fridge is

[quote user="yellow hammer"]What''s a kitchen, is it some sort of girl''s room?[/quote]

Just leave the dirty crockery on any work surface and it turns up by magic ready to use again in the wall units or if you leave your dirty clothes on the floor in front of a white machine that makes a hell of a noise they turn up like magic in your wardrobe the next day ironed and smelling lovely.I just use the room as a shortcut out to the back garden.

[quote user="Kathy"]There is also a good health food shop on the market where you can get yoghurt, prunes and all bran [;)][/quote]

It is right next to the toilets i hope.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]

Just leave the dirty crockery on any work surface and it turns up by magic ready to use again in the wall units or if you leave your dirty clothes on the floor in front of a white machine that makes a hell of a noise they turn up like magic in your wardrobe the next day ironed and smelling lovely.I just use the room as a shortcut out to the back garden.[/quote]

Yes I''ve found that if I leave the washing up it always has disappeared the next morning too but I do confess to doing all the washing and ironing in our house but he wouldn''t dare leave washing on the floor.

You need to move with the timesTilly [:)] nowadays couples muck in and do half the domestic jobs each, well they do here.

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]Stay clear of Pats Cafe....gone seriously downhill.....like someone else said...bond Street cafe or the one on unthank....the one on unthank is actually the best in the city IMO.[/quote]

Surprised at you Arthur, The Denmark Cafe is by far the bast cafe in Norwich; highlighted by the fact that it won''t be open on a Bank Holiday. It is a PROPER workman''s cafe...