Sign in to follow this  
Chris.

Stockport.

No. Even if they lose and results go against them, they can theoretically catch Oldham who don''t play until Tuesday.

[quote user="pbtc"]No. Even if they lose and results go against them, they can theoretically catch Oldham who don''t play until Tuesday.
[/quote]

If they lose tomorrow the max points they can get is 43 which is what Oldham are on but Oldham''s goal difference is about =30 better than Stockport so they won''t be able to catch them .

Think if Hartlepool, draw and Orient and Tranmere win they are relegated tomorrow?

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="pbtc"]No. Even if they lose and results go against them, they can theoretically catch Oldham who don''t play until Tuesday.[/quote]

If they lose tomorrow the max points they can get is 43 which is what Oldham are on but Oldham''s goal difference is about =30 better than Stockport so they won''t be able to catch them . Think if Hartlepool, draw and Orient and Tranmere win they are relegated

tomorrow?

[/quote]Hence the word "theoretically". To all intents and purposes they''ll be down (well, they''ve pratically been down for months now) but would still be possible for them to claw Oldham back. The earliest they can officially be relegated is Tuesday.

And they''ll be up for it, and will have nothing to lose-playing the leaders, big crowd, if they can''t motivate themselves for this one, well...

Talk of a "Norwich backlash" and us winning easily, perhaps by a big score is a little...well, premature...I''d take 1-0 to us right now, o.g. 88th minute, whatever, just 3 damned points!!

I feel that there''s more pressure on us today....Stockport accept that it''s a certainty they''re down, nothing to lose and playing for pride - so they''ll just go out and attempt to affect the final positioning at the top of the league.

They may also just pack their defence and attempt to frustrate us.

I certainly wouldn''t have thought that Tranmere would be victorious on Friday night. Who else thought they would?

A 1-0 victory to us, would do for me...

Chris Martin and Mcnamee to start.....please.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I feel that there''s more pressure on us today....Stockport accept that it''s a certainty they''re down, nothing to lose and playing for pride - so they''ll just go out and attempt to affect the final positioning at the top of the league.

They may also just pack their defence and attempt to frustrate us.

I certainly wouldn''t have thought that Tranmere would be victorious on Friday night. Who else thought they would?

Chris Martin and Mcnamee to start.....please.

[/quote]

If we fail to score in the first twenty the pressure will start to build, and will continue to do so the longer its stays level. It could be a tense old afternoon and, like you, I''d happily settle for a scrappy 1-0!

In an ideal world we''ll hit them hard from the start and get a couple of quick goals, but I suspect it won''t happen, although starting Macca would help,and Chris surely has to be a given today. What is the point of Stephen Elliott?

Can I apologise in advance to the people who sit behind me.I''m doing roast chicken for lunch and I cannot rule out stuffing farts during the game.

[quote user="morty"]Can I apologise in advance to the people who sit behind me.

I''m doing roast chicken for lunch and I cannot rule out stuffing farts during the game.

[/quote]

...Bring it on....

I''m doing roast chicken for lunch and I cannot rule out stuffing farts during the game.

[/quote]

[:D] Cheers for that Morty!

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="morty"]Can I apologise in advance to the people who sit behind me.I''m doing roast chicken for lunch and I cannot rule out stuffing farts during the game.

[/quote]

[:D] Cheers for that Morty!

[/quote]I like to keep people informed.[:D]

[quote user="ChelmsfordCanary"]Is the game on an internet link,[/quote]No.

[/quote]

So same level from both ends then[:D]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]

Not a Tranmere win but thought it would be a difficuilt game for us. At this stage of the season teams are either fighting for promotion, against relegation or neither. None of the games should be looked at as formalities, even teams with nothing to play for will be more relaxed which can work in their favour.

Yep, any score will do as long as it''s 3 points.