Sign in to follow this  
vendy18

Re: Gary Doherty

this poor animal need a new a new home.....the carrow road fans r fed up of his poor crap football skills

Here''s his mate Nelson. [img]http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/donkey_not_dead_just_lying_in_the_mud.jpg[/img]Time for Askou and Whitbread, it''s embrassing watching Tranmere rip through our defence everytime they get the ball.

[quote user="vendy18"]this poor animal need a new a new home.....the carrow road fans r fed up of his poor crap football skills[/quote]And your a d**k you clearly have seen him play this season you kn*b

its about time some so called fans of our club actually started demonstrating some knowledge of our club as if they had any or indeed a brain then they wouldnt put bollocks like this

[quote user="vendy18"]this poor animal need a new a new home.....the carrow road fans r fed up of his poor crap football skills[/quote]And your a d**k you clearly have  not seen him play this season you kn*b

He''s saved us loads of goals and scored - yes bad mistake - but lots of other players have made them too - just coz its Doc means that he must immediately be dropped and transferred!  ppl  make me laugh!

No mate.  You are a wind-up merchant as I''ve said before.  You post about no other subject.  Only coming to life when he makes an error - or to deliberately ignore an excellent performance like Saturday.  Do one.

[quote user="Flashman"]Remember that you are not allowed to criticise Gary Doherty. He has been excellent in many games this season against some moderate opposition. However, he is unreliable when under pressure as demonstrated regularly - for example tonight and for the Swindon equaliser. I have been saying this all season and if we want to move forward next season then we need to move on without him. Although Michael Nelson''s distribution is not good, it is difficult to identify when he has been clearly responsible for conceding a goal, unlike Doc. I know that this will elicit the usual abusive responses from the usual few (very few) but I know that I won the argument against these long ago as they never have anything constructive to say. I am desperate to see City move forward next season and do not wish to settle for mediocrity, unlike some who continue to hide their heads in the sand! We need two new centre backs - Zak Whitbread will be one, possibly Askou the other although I note that it has been reported that Lambert is interested in a Walsall player which is a very positive sign.[/quote]Hmm, on the one hand you say "you''re not allowed to criticise Gary Doherty", yet on the other you say it is only "few (very few)" people who think you are a bit of a nob for your constant slating of a single player - this doesn''t seem to add up. Surely if you were clearly in the right, there would not be any people who disagree with you. The fact you think Nelson, and a Walsall player, neither of whom I expect have played above League One level, are better choices than Doherty suggests that you are in fact very willing to accept mediocrity purely because you have a blind dislike of a single player.By all means, we should let Doherty leave if we have more than adequate replacement. Whitbread (who looks decent enough) and a player from Walsall are not those IMHO.

28/01/2010, 9:12 PM

The gut is not online. Last active: 02/04/2010 14:17:26 The gut

Not Ranked
Joined on 15/04/2009
Posts 550

Re: DOC IN THE FRAME

Reply Quote

Houston Canary wrote:

The POINT you nitwits are missing is that there has been NO SLATING OF DOHERTY for ages and yet Rudol Phucker comes on here sniffling away his tears because his present finally arrived when he thought he was getting nothing, and NOW he''s gonna show us all, wiping his nose with his sleeve and announcing, "Oh I''m gonna show THEM!!" Meanwhile, the nondisillusioned wonder why he''s griping about something that doesn''t exist any longer. Rudol, your comments resound with your personal doubt. Do you think you are funny, or are you really insecure about yourself? If it''s the former, trust me on this: you are not. The way you write on and on and on and on about Gary Doherty probably makes even him feel uncomfortable.

The simple point I think you are missing you right little silly billy you is that it was a perfectly reasonable post by Rudolph ( i think he means rude ol'' phucker) praising a much maligned player, and maybe you are a little too far away to realise there is always a bit of Doc bashing in the air. To be fair, anyone who takes a bit of stick for defending someone against the run of play is quite entitled to give a bit of I told you so when the said player his proving his doubters wrong. Trust me on this, Doherty is only ever one mistake away from an out of proportion slating.  

Have you read the thread Houston?

Yes, gut, I am. I see there is the usual bunch of defenders excusing a blindingly stupid play, and hardly anyone jumping on the supposed bandwagon of slating Doherty.

Have you seen the Thanks Russel, Doherty and Ref thread? More of the same. A legitimate comment about a horrendous pass by Doherty and here come the Doherty defenders blaming everyone but him for that goal.

However, other than the OP of this thread, I have not seen anyone saying he needs to be benched right now.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Yes, gut, I am. I see there is the usual bunch of defenders excusing a blindingly stupid play, and hardly anyone jumping on the supposed bandwagon of slating Doherty.

Have you seen the Thanks Russel, Doherty and Ref thread? More of the same. A legitimate comment about a horrendous pass by Doherty and here come the Doherty defenders blaming everyone but him for that goal.

However, other than the OP of this thread, I have not seen anyone saying he needs to be benched right now.[/quote]NOBODY defended him for that backpass and nobody said it wasn''t a total shocker.  I also didn''t think it was a pen and Moore cheated to win it and get Forster sent off but that''s another debate.

[quote user="Flashman"]Remember that you are not allowed to criticise Gary Doherty. He has been excellent in many games this season against some moderate opposition. However, he is unreliable when under pressure as demonstrated regularly - for example tonight and for the Swindon equaliser. I have been saying this all season and if we want to move forward next season then we need to move on without him. Although Michael Nelson''s distribution is not good, it is difficult to identify when he has been clearly responsible for conceding a goal, unlike Doc. I know that this will elicit the usual abusive responses from the usual few (very few) but I know that I won the argument against these long ago as they never have anything constructive to say. I am desperate to see City move forward next season and do not wish to settle for mediocrity, unlike some who continue to hide their heads in the sand! We need two new centre backs - Zak Whitbread will be one, possibly Askou the other although I note that it has been reported that Lambert is interested in a Walsall player which is a very positive sign.[/quote]

Well Flashman, I''ll be one of the first to wade in. Doherty played a poor pass tonight and in fairness it cost us a goal. I''m yet to see Nelson play a good pass, and, considering that Askou had been fit for a while until the latest injury, why was Doherty been playing?

Reason is that he is our best centre half. If you fail to see the positives of his play then you are clearly way out of your depth. A succession of managers have picked him over 200 times for Norwich City and before the obvious Grant/Roeder/Gunn retort, two of them are Worthington and Lambert.

I don''t doubt that Whitbread will end up (fitness pending) first choice on the left of central defence, but I''ll be very, very surprised if he isn''t partnering the Doc.

It was just one of them things, you see it at all levels of football, players at the very top of the game do things like that. Perhaps on the superior surface at Carrow Road it would have been more likely to make it back to the ''keeper. Perhaps not. But it''s done with now. The player will know he''s made a mistake, the manager will know it and they''ll just move on to the next game and put it behind them (like this whole game in general).

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Yes, gut, I am. I see there is the usual bunch of defenders excusing a blindingly stupid play, and hardly anyone jumping on the supposed bandwagon of slating Doherty. Have you seen the Thanks Russel, Doherty and Ref thread? More of the same. A legitimate comment about a horrendous pass by Doherty and here come the Doherty defenders blaming everyone but him for that goal. However, other than the OP of this thread, I have not seen anyone saying he needs to be benched right now.[/quote]

Silly me

It was a shocker from Doc it has to be said because in a similiar situation like at Colchester we played the  percentages and did''nt rely on a poor surface in our own third whereas Colchester were culpable of surrending possession in dangerous positions for a couple of our goals. On a dreaful surface playing a back pass from the half way line was never a sensible ball and that changed the game completely. 

Don''t get me wrong Doc has been magnificent this season. Only last week I was applauding the way he chased down Beckford, I thought that was an outstanding piece of defending. But given the state of the pitch it was a pretty brain dead piece of football and something I am sure Lambert would have warned them about. But these things happen from time to time.

Yes he has been consistently picked by managers and this has coincided with our fall down the leagues since we signed him. He has done OK this season against poor opposition and has found his level - although still prone to making regular mistakes. I''ll continue in this vein until he goes as he is not good enough. By the way, how many clubs tried to sign him when he looked as though he was on his way out of the club at the begining of the season? Why didn''t he move to a Championship club at the end of last season as Marshall, Clingen and Croft did? The answer my friends is that nobody wanted him. I rest my case?

[quote user="Flashman"]Yes he has been consistently picked by managers and this has coincided with our fall down the leagues since we signed him. He has done OK this season against poor opposition and has found his level - although still prone to making regular mistakes. I''ll continue in this vein until he goes as he is not good enough. By the way, how many clubs tried to sign him when he looked as though he was on his way out of the club at the begining of the season? Why didn''t he move to a Championship club at the end of last season as Marshall, Clingen and Croft did? The answer my friends is that nobody wanted him. I rest my case?[/quote]

You tell me Flashman...

Who would you play at centre half instead? And which one of them would have pocketed Beckford last week?

Like I said, I don''t think you really understand what defines a good centre half. Would you say Dion Dublin was a better or worse centre half than the Doc? (Think about it...)

As for Marshall, Clingan and Croft....Ship jumpers. Which of those would you put in our side now?

[quote user="ncfcfan"]Here''s his mate Nelson. [img]http://scienceblogs.com/tetrapodzoology/donkey_not_dead_just_lying_in_the_mud.jpg[/img]Time for Askou and Whitbread, it''s embrassing watching Tranmere rip through our defence everytime they get the ball.[/quote]

Certain people including the quoted are ill and know nothing about football.  Norwich are great but certain fans play up to the stereotype.  How sad.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

[quote user="Flashman"]Yes he has been consistently picked by managers and this has coincided with our fall down the leagues since we signed him. He has done OK this season against poor opposition and has found his level - although still prone to making regular mistakes. I''ll continue in this vein until he goes as he is not good enough. By the way, how many clubs tried to sign him when he looked as though he was on his way out of the club at the begining of the season? Why didn''t he move to a Championship club at the end of last season as Marshall, Clingen and Croft did? The answer my friends is that nobody wanted him. I rest my case?[/quote]

You tell me Flashman...

Who would you play at centre half instead? And which one of them would have pocketed Beckford last week?

Like I said, I don''t think you really understand what defines a good centre half. Would you say Dion Dublin was a better or worse centre half than the Doc? (Think about it...)

As for Marshall, Clingan and Croft....Ship jumpers. Which of those would you put in our side now?

[/quote]

Clingan for a certainty!

[quote user="King Korey"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

You tell me Flashman...

[/quote]

Clingan for a certainty!

[/quote]

Really?

I found him poor defensively. Who would you drop...? If you say Lappin, I might buy it for a second.....

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"][quote user="King Korey"][quote user="Duncan Edwards"]

You tell me Flashman...

[/quote]

Clingan for a certainty!

[/quote]

Really?

I found him poor defensively. Who would you drop...? If you say Lappin, I might buy it for a second.....

[/quote]

He would be one of the first names on my teamsheet, abuse expected.

I like the Doc, he can be very good when he''s on his game. However, I cannot, no matter how hard I try, understand why the hell he was trying to pass the ball back, whilst we were attacking, on a boggy, sticky, bobbly pitch, from the HALF WAY LINE, to our goalkeeper. Stupidity.He panicked, we need Askou back!

[quote user="Houston Canary"].

However, other than the OP of this thread, I have not seen anyone saying he needs to be benched right now.[/quote]Hmmm. That''s because he made on blunder. Not a whole series. Therefore he doesn''t need to be "benched right now", because that would be a massive over-reaction to what is a common (but stupid) mistake to make a backpass on a bad pitch.

However, other than the OP of this thread, I have not seen anyone saying he needs to be benched right now.

Hmmm. That''s because he made on blunder. Not a whole series. Therefore he doesn''t need to be "benched right now", because that would be a massive over-reaction to what is a common (but stupid) mistake to make a backpass on a bad pitch.

EXACTLT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm. That''s because he made on blunder. Not a whole series. Therefore he doesn''t need to be "benched right now", because that would be a massive over-reaction to what is a common (but stupid) mistake to make a backpass on a bad pitch.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes i agree doherty has had a pretty good season apart from the odd mistake, but we also have to remeber how increadibly poor this league is. i dont think doherty will start next year sub at best, and where as nelson is good in the are, his poor distribution will mean he also wont start as we can get away with his mistakes in league one but not in championship. i honestly believe that whitbread was bought for next season and not this, as cleary after being out for so long he wouldnt feature this season.