Sign in to follow this  
Canary Poirot

Three more wins and we're promoted

The subject title says it all - we''re 9 points away from automatic promotion. Beat MK Dons next weekend, and I''ll be confident we''re home and dry. But today we didn''t appear to be particularly fluent.

Maybe not convincing today, though we appeared to create a few chances. The changes to the formation and defence may not have helped.

A win is a win though - we have four home games. If we win all of them we''ll be champions, whatever happens in the other three games.

Simple!

[quote user="lincoln canary"]I think we''ve scrapped through today, time for PL to sit down with the squad and re-group  the tranmere game and the form of others has cleary unsettled us a bit. We have a week to hopefully get Hoolahan and Doc fit and give it the final push![/quote]I think it was more the 5 changes that were made today...3 of them being forced..Doc,Hooly and Forster..we have a pretty settled team all season and its not helpful to lose Doc who imho has been outstanting this season(apart from the back pass on friday but know ones perfect) as has Forster and Hooly

I think that just two more wins will be enough regardless of what happens in the other matches.  Let''s not forget that most of the chasing pack have to play each other as yet!

2 more wins and a draw will do it, inless there is a big turnaround in goal difference.

Millwall still have to play Swindon (and Leeds still have to play Charlton) which means that they can''t both get maximum points

Potential promotion party at Orient next Tuesday. It might be funnier, and more appropriate given what happened last season, to save it for The Valley though...

We''re nearly there, but it''s squeaky bum time.

I originally thought the Orient away game would be where we would go up.  Now done the BBC predictor and have to revise this.  I think that the game which will see us go up is Gillingham at home, possibly as Champions then.  If not, title clinched away at Bristol Rovers.

Thoughts?

[quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

I originally thought the Orient away game would be where we would go up.  Now done the BBC predictor and have to revise this.  I think that the game which will see us go up is Gillingham at home, possibly as Champions then.  If not, title clinched away at Bristol Rovers.

Thoughts?

[/quote]Way too late in my opinion, I still think we''ll go up at Orient, and if not then definitely at Charlton.

We just need to keep going about our business and surely it will happen soon enough....one thing that is certain is that we are definitely assured of a play-off place now!

[quote user="ncfcstar"][quote user="Dean Coneys Arse"]

Thoughts

[/quote]

Way too late in my opinion, I still think we''ll go up at Orient, and if not then definitely at Charlton.
[/quote]

Millwall''s next 2 fixtures are home to Gillingham away to Yeovil.  6 points there.

Swindon''s are Colcheater away Exeter home.  4 or 6 points there.

Even if we win both games against MK Dons and Orient, we would have 91 points, and if my predictions are true, either Millwall will be second with 81 points or Swindon with 80 / 82 points.  With 4 games to go, that''s why I don''t think we will get promoted at Orient.

With the best will in the world, especially after last season, it would be great to go up at Charlton.  But I can''t see us getting a lot there.

So Gillingham at home it is.....................

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]The subject title says it all - we''re 9 points away from automatic promotion. Beat MK Dons next weekend, and I''ll be confident we''re home and dry. But today we didn''t appear to be particularly fluent.[/quote]

Yeah, if we win next 3 games then even we lost the final 3 then we will still up, they can''t catch us! But just hope our performance will improve...