Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Anyone else looking forward to seeing Rudd

I know Forster would be most peoples first choice tomorrow and next year, but im looking forward to seeing what Rudd can do now hes been given a chance to impress! That said on paper it should be a quite game for him! But then most thought that about friday.....

He played well on Friday night. He made some really decent saves. His distribution is also a lot better than Forster''s. The ball was bowled out a lot more and his kicking was much more sound. The only criticism I have is that he came charging out for two corners he was unlikely to get, something which I don''t think twice about when Forster is in goal. I think that was just because was eager to impress though. The 4 appearances he has made have been very encouraging so far. If he plays well for the next 2 games, I am sure Lambert will let him keep the jersey.

[quote user="Good Touch For A Big Man"]He played well on Friday night. He made some really decent saves. His distribution is also a lot better than Forster''s. The ball was bowled out a lot more and his kicking was much more sound. The only criticism I have is that he came charging out for two corners he was unlikely to get, something which I don''t think twice about when Forster is in goal. I think that was just because was eager to impress though. The 4 appearances he has made have been very encouraging so far. If he plays well for the next 2 games, I am sure Lambert will let him keep the jersey.[/quote]

Bet he doesnt let him keep the jersey. And I hope he doesnt bring his towel on and obstruct my view, like he has done in the previous games he has played

[quote user="Sideshow Tim - at the top of League 1"]Is Forster banned for just one match? I thought an straight red card resulted in a 3 match ban?[/quote]

Its 2 games Sideshow. He has already been sent off once (at Gillingham) so it increases. Why not City 4 eva? Smith, Doc, Hoolahan etc are examples of players who have got in the side done well and stayed there. Plus if promotion is looking certain after MK Dons would''nt it make sense to give Rudd game time?

Should also add sorry. Three games banned are only given for violent conduct and foul abusive language. (No idea what sort of ban Karsa will get!)

I know that Rudd is rated highly, but I for one was a bit nervous everytime Tranmere tossed the ball into the box.  Agreed he made some good saves, but I would still be more confident with Forster in goal.

Yes looking forward to it. He had only conceded two goals (penalties) before the Tranmere game, and had made the saves when required. To be fair, he had quiet games in each of the above games, which were through our rich period of form.Think he will be tested on a few occasions today. Distribution is Class A.

Really looking forward to this, I saw a lot of him when he was younger and he has always been quality, very demonstrative in the box which I hope he continiues into his senior football. I`m sure he will. I almost expected him to save the penalty when he came on on Friday, he has a great record as a stopper. I think he looks very mature for his age and wish him the very best of luck for today. He`s going to get roughed up a bit in the box, sure he will respond well though.  Lets give him all the support we can.

Didn''t really have much to do, predictably, but did what was necessary which was pleasing. Distribution against first class.

Made a good initial save for their goal, not really a chance with the follow-up as the defence did not clear the ball.

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Did OK didn`t he, well done! Smile [:)][/quote]

Yes he did great as we knew he would. Not sure what happened with the goal, I see him save the first shot then saw an open goal. Not sure if he got held up or not. Perhaps someone from the dull end could enlighten me ;)

[quote user="Depraved"]

[quote user="thefutureisyellow"]Did OK didn`t he, well done! Smile [:)][/quote]

Yes he did great as we knew he would. Not sure what happened with the goal, I see him save the first shot then saw an open goal. Not sure if he got held up or not. Perhaps someone from the dull end could enlighten me ;)

[/quote]he was getting up as there player took the second shot (whitbread should of closed him down but thought he wouldnt hit it on the turn..)  very good save thou!

How times change. I remember way back when Keelan was out for a game. It was the major talking point of the week before the game. We were playing at home and I think it was Hansbury in goal. Never seen such defensive play in my life.

Rudd plays and no one seems to bat an eyelid. Excellent keeper, great prospect and shows how much a more fluid squad system can work.

Makes you see why the club were not so worried about letting Lewis go.

ps have we ever had a keeper sent off twice in one season ? Most of the other were even sent off once