Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays funds for FONCY with the Pink un Pickers

Greetings PUPs and welcome to week thirty five of the free bet season. This week it’s our good friend Mister Chops in charge and making the final selections. Mister is another previous winner and what a win it was. Back in August 2008 he hit Billy Dixon for £138. Mister hasn’t looked back since and has become one of our most successful PUPs. This season he has a strike rate of 85% and couldn’t be in better form having napped correctly in each of the last 15 weeks. Mister Chops is one of this message boards great entertainers and I always enjoy his posts. We will never forget his Christmas Panto. And I am honoured to have met him at our PUPs Meets and can tell you he is a top guy off the board too.

Mister Chops will need all our help if he is to get us another win for the academy. So we need to find our very best naps to give him plenty to consider. This is Easter weekend and the games come thick and fast. Obviously we can’t choose Good Friday fixtures and it might be a good idea to concentrate on the games played on Saturday and Sunday as the prices for Mondays games probably won’t be available in advance.

I am now in a position to publish the rota for the rest of the season. I am pleased it worked out that I was able to give a turn to the PUPs who asked to go on the reserve list. But I’m sorry you didn’t all get a turn. Around 55 of you nap every week and there’s only 40 weeks in our season. If we get another go at this next season I will give priority to those who didn’t get a turn should they want it.

Apr 10th Ginger Pele

Apr 17th MacDougall’s Perm

Apr 24th Inch High

May 1st Norfolchance1

May 8th NCFCStar

I’ll hand the free bet over to Mister Chops now. As always there’s no pressure, because we are all going to be doing our best to help you get X2 by your name in the Free Bet Hall of Fame. We all stand together with the single aim of raising money for our great clubs academy. No blame and no shame on the free bet pages. So take it away Michael ... the free bet is yours................[:)].......

As always I leave you with Ray''s signature which now reads: -

Carve their names with pride.Yankee,3,Fellas,3,P''boro,2,Mr Chops,NewYork, Inch High, Blahblahblah, NCFC_Shaun, 1st Wazzock, Fonejacker, Norfolkbroadslim, yes Norfolkchance1 £789 for the Academy,so far.

Nutty

please confirm - is that £789 for season or cumulative since the FBT started? If cumulative have you a season by season split?

[quote user="canary cherub "]

My selection this week is

Rapid Vienna  v  Austria Karnten  (home win)

best of luck everyone [Y]

[/quote]

Mr Fruit - Cumulative.

Sorry to be boring but one fixture stood out for me this week, and its the only one napped so far! So ill throw my support behind Rapid Vienna over Austria Karnten.

Rapid are 11-1-1 at home with a +25 goal difference. Karnten are 0-1-12 away with a -29 goal difference. This ones about as certain as it gets.

[quote user="MrFruit"]

Nutty

please confirm - is that £789 for season or cumulative since the FBT started? If cumulative have you a season by season split?

[/quote]

It''s cumulative Mr Fruit. The five wins so far this season come to £181. We have been so close so often and hopefully there''s more to come.

Your post here reminded me that I had neglected to mention the FONCY Spring Raffle in my opening post. So better late than never here it is :-

FRIENDS OF NORWICH CITY YOUTH.

SPRING RAFFLE 2010

Friends Of Norwich City Youth are delighted to launch their 2010 Spring Raffle at the Stockport match on Easter Monday.

When you came in through the turnstiles. Academy youngsters will hand out envelopes containing a book of 10 tickets and details of how to enter this year’s raffle.

The Raffle has become one of our most successful fund raising events and it has gone a long way to helping us raise over £350,000 for The Academy.

The raffle has always been advertised as prizes that money cannot buy and that is certainly true of the top prize a meal for 2 at Yellows with 2 of Paul Lamberts young guns, Chris Martin and Michael Spillane.

Listed below is a full list of the prizes.

A meal for 2 in Yellows with Canary stars Chris Martin and Michael Spillane

A match day VIP day out for 2.

4 match day tickets for the County Lounge + 4 Boardroom passes.

Dinner bed and breakfast for 2 at Dunston Hall [ Sunday night]

Have your photo taken with the 2010/2011 squad on the pitch at Carrow Road.

A home or away shirt.

2 away day tickets complete with coach travel.

A Norwich and Peterborough account opened in your name complete with £100.

2 tickets for a first team game complete with players lounge tickets.

A signed book from the Delia Collection.

The draw will be made at our last home game of the season against Carlisle on May 8th.

You can post your ticket stubs back to the club. Please address them to NCFC, Lotteries Office, Carrow Road NR1 1JE.

Alternatively you can return them at either of the next home games against MK Dons or Gillingham. The lottery office is situated next to the ticket office or you can return them to either the club shop at Carrow Road or in the Castle Mall.

If you require further tickets they are available in the club shops.

Please make all cheques payable to FONCY.

Continuing in the spirit of choosing a game not yet on the board, I will go for a Young Boys AWAY WIN over FC Aarau in Switzerland.  Its a top v. bottom clash and the net 73 GD between the 2 clubs should overcome the lack of home field.

[quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="canary cherub "]

My selection this week is

Rapid Vienna  v  Austria Karnten  (home win)

best of luck everyone [Y]

[/quote]

Mr Fruit - Cumulative.

Sorry to be boring but one fixture stood out for me this week, and its the only one napped so far! So ill throw my support behind Rapid Vienna over Austria Karnten.

Rapid are 11-1-1 at home with a +25 goal difference. Karnten are 0-1-12 away with a -29 goal difference. This ones about as certain as it gets.

[/quote]And just to avoid any potential confusion, these two teams are also playing each other tonight in the cup. I saw the game flash up on the bet-in-play market and was worried id got the day wrong! To further confuse these two teams also played last saturday in the league (Vienna winning 4-2 at the home of Karnten)

I am really looking forwards to having a pop at it next week....so better get a winner, and hopefully a decent contender for this week for Mister Chops.....

The Championship

Peterborough vs Newcastle.....AWAY WIN (can someone check i have the right week this time :P)

Should be easy for Newcastle at Pboro, they seem to be very much on form, and Pboro are not....

Good Luck :D

Good luck Chopsy!
Cefn Druids v ABERYSTWYTH - AWAY WIN should see you home this week mate.Now which one of you lovely lot will pick me one of these FONCY envelopes up, and forward it on to me?Leedscanary

[quote user="leedscanary"]Good luck Chopsy!

Cefn Druids v ABERYSTWYTH - AWAY WIN should see you home this week mate.

Now which one of you lovely lot will pick me one of these FONCY envelopes up, and forward it on to me?

Leedscanary

[/quote]i was about to ask the same question Kev lol...hope you had a good day m8...i did and i keep saying it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and a few other pinkun posters[Y] hope to see you at another game very soon m8

With Millwall playing on friday, they look set to get the 3 points from brentford and therefore move into 2nd spot, and leeds dropping into the play offs they will feel the pressure and with swindon (their opponents) having the chance to go ahead of the too they could easily slip up. But i fancy this to finish as a draw,

LEEDS vs SWINDON - DRAW

good luck MC

Happy Easter to all you PUPs out there,Good luck to you Mister Chops and of course a very good evening to you Nutty.

Hoping to continue to hassle Mr.Bump at the top i am going for an ARSENAL home win v Wolves.

Many thanks for the cash raised so far update - well done you PUPS & also for the news about the raffle - worth putting on a seperate thread?

New ground for me in Slovakia this week. Its another top v bottom clash, Slovan Bratislava(W9 D3 L1 at home) to win at home against Kosice(W0 D5 L7 away from home)

Good luck Mister Chops and all PUPs

MC

Time to find the value. Having spoke to one or two of my Championship supporting friends -who by the way are looking forward to welcoming us back to the said league. They all reckon that Leicester will miss out on the play offs and be replaced by " the best side we''ve seen this season" Reading. for this to happen Reading need to keep gaining the points on thier travels.

Ipwich town V Reading Away win

This result and the pressure would again be on our freinds from the south so in my eyes that''s a WIN/WIN[:P]

Good luck Mr Chops

Ok, I think there are some pretty solid bankers this week, and although I know Ray was always one to tell us to nap the most certain ones, I feel there is a pretty good "6th", Man City to beat Burnley away. At 8/11 it looks good value, and unless Brian Laws has undertaken managment lessons this week I can''t see it being other than being chalked up as another loss. Burnley have amassed a whopping 4 points out of a possible 33 under Laws and Man City are having a resurgence. They are unbeaten in 4, difficult, away trips and won 3-0 on monday. Best of luck to all the PUP''s, and to yourself Mr. Chops, and wishing you all a pleasant Easter.

Good evening all I hope you all have a good Easter and best of luck to Mr Chops.

I''m going to join those going head south this week and go for SEVILLA V Tenerife.

Even though Sevilla have just sacked their manager I''m going for a home win against a team who haven''t won away all season.

Davo

RANGERS - v - Hamilton     HOME WIN

Good Luck Mr Chops and all you Lovely PUPS[:)][Y]

Happt Easter to everyone ..........don''t eat too many Easter eggs[+o(]!!

Looking for some value here - Aston Villa to beat Bolton away. I cannot imagine that Mr O''Neill was happy with his troops after last week and I expect them to come out all guns blazing.

Aston Villa are my nap

Good luck!

ill go for STOKE v hull home win this week as they are a tough team to beat at home