Sign in to follow this  
Excited Canary

My player ratings....and the Stockport fans!

First of all, our performance yesterday seemed a complacent and lethargic. Anyhow, we got the 3 points and that is all that matters [Y]Rudd - 7 - Dealt with everything he had too, made one good save.Drury - 6.5 - Solid in defense however his balls forward seemed a bit hit and hope.Nelson - MOM 8.5 - Assured all game, and I thought his passing was ever so slightly better today!Whitbread - 6 - Very dodgy first half but that would have been due to lack of game time, improved second half performance.R Martin - 5 - Seemed very shakey and his passes up the line were all over the place and went out of play many a time.Macnamee - 7 - Lovely goal, some tricky runs, however died off totaly in the second half.Russell - 6.5 - Broke down play well, but also gave the ball away a lot.Smith - 7 - See above. Extra 0.5 for constant hassling of the players leading to mistakes.Lappin - 6.5 - Quiet game. Tracked back well.Martin - 6.5 - Missed some chances. Did not get much of the ball without Hoolahan though. Seemed willing.Holt - 7 - Great work ethic and neat finish.Now I thought I ought to mention the amusing few hundred Stockport supporters. Here are some of the songs they sang! :In response to our [8] We''re top of the league [8], [8] We''re bottom of the league [8] [8] Your so **** we scored a goal [8][8] Holts scored more goals than us [8][8] Delias pies W*** W*** W*** [8][8] Gordon Ramsay, Gordon Ramsay! [8][8] The football league is upside down, were going up with the Wycombe [8][8] Your so quiet you must be Burnley fans [8][8] You are all Man U fans [8] Which we responded to a very loud [8] City til'' I die [8][8] Your **** and were even worse [8][8] Thats why were going down [8]and too Oli Johnson who they really, really hate:[8] Theres only one lazy bast*** [8]Top effort, rock bottom of League One but they can still enjoy themselves [Y]

OTBC!!! [:D]

Pretty much agree with your ratings [Y]The Stockport fans are the type I have a lot of time for. Surrounded by "bigger" clubs they could easily support, yet sticking by a team through everything they''ve been through, they deserve a huge amount of credit.

"Rudd - 7 - Dealt with everything he had too, made one good save."

Including "dealing" with picking the ball out the net... ;)

I feel sorry for Stockport fans; it was 8 years ago or so that Norwich were competing for the last play-off spot and were at home to Stockport then. The fans were cheering for Norwich to beat them as that would mean Burnley wouldn''t get the last spot.  Right now, they are on the financial brink and have to compete with Man C, Man U, Burnley and many more for fans when really they sem to be more of a real football clubs in terms of ideals than the sugar-daddied Man C & Man U.Here''s hoping they find a way forward soon.