Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Tranmere back in drop zone..........

Can''t see the interest.

Whatever happens is not going to help us.

It was NOT their fault the Ref and linesman messed up.

Feel some sympathy for the officials as well.

I  feel sorry for anyone growing up not knowing who their father was and having to listen each night to their mother making a living!

I agree with you Butler, but was has irritated me since is their fans bleating on about how we should give them lots of credit and we''re really arrogant for moaning about the officials.

The way I saw it was we were clearly a much better team than them, and had two dodgy decision against us which cost us at the very least a point. This may make me arrogant, but had we had 11 men, there''s no way they''d have beaten us.

Text comment to the Football League Show to the effect of "Dodgy decisions but we''ll take the three points".

That I can live with but if any Tranmere fan is suggesting that they beat us on merit then.....

For me the only games we have lost on merit where we were genuinely second best under Lambert are:

Carlisle away in the cup, Millwall away and Southampton at home

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

Text comment to the Football League Show to the effect of "Dodgy decisions but we''ll take the three points".

That I can live with but if any Tranmere fan is suggesting that they beat us on merit then.....

For me the only games we have lost on merit where we were genuinely second best under Lambert are:

[/quote]

The BBC 606 forum is a good example of what I''m talking about and is what has left me hoping they are relegated.

[quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

The BBC 606 forum is a good example of what I''m talking about and is what has left me hoping they are relegated.

[/quote]

Thank you for that referral and the rather dreary experience that resulted from it.

God, you''d think they''d count their blessings and slip quietly away wouldn''t you??

[quote user="First Wizard"]And with a player sent off, good karma eh?[/quote]

Isn''t enjoying bad things happening to others because of what you perceive they did to you merely likely to bring down further bad karma on yourself?

Any, all that stuff is hockus pockus anyway - oh, how is the cursed shirt thing doing by the way Wiz?

[quote user="CambridgeCanary"][quote user="SimonOTBC"][quote user="CambridgeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thank you for that referral and the rather dreary experience that resulted from it.

God, you''d think they''d count their blessings and slip quietly away wouldn''t you??

[/quote]

I think the other posters are right, and we should just ignore them altogether. However the issue I have is that I hate losing at the best of times and whilst I''m not a bad sport and am gracious in defeat when the other team earns the win (Millwall for example), I can''t stand the feeling of being cheated. Whilst I accept it''s not Tranmere''s fault the ref and lino messed up, the way their fans are gloating and going on about how they deserved it really annoys me. As far as I''m concerned the ref ruined the match and I just can''t fathom why Tranmere fans think differently. So, until they do, I will find it difficult not to hope for their relegation.

The only real issue I had with Tranmere came from the interview with the two goal scorers after the game.

I would have some respect for Curran, the scorer of the 3rd goal, if he''d said something like, "I got away with that one," but, oh no, he has to insist that "it hit my chest." Even if it got the merest of deflections, which I doubt, there was still a major impact with his arm that enabled him to control the ball.

As for Moore, talking about the second penalty, "Yer, it was definately a penalty because there was contact." Sorry, buddy, but show me where in the rules it says that? And let''s ignore for one moment the fact that you were dragging your right foot looking for the contact and your left foot had already left the ground as you threw yourself forward looking for it!

The may call it "being professional" but I just call it cheating.

[quote user="GMF"]The only real issue I had with Tranmere came from the interview with the two goal scorers after the game. I would have some respect for Curran, the scorer of the 3rd goal, if he''d said something like, "I got away with that one," but, oh no, he has to insist that "it hit my chest." Even if it got the merest of deflections, which I doubt, there was still a major impact with his arm that enabled him to control the ball. As for Moore, talking about the second penalty, "Yer, it was definately a penalty because there was contact." Sorry, buddy, but show me where in the rules it says that? And let''s ignore for one moment the fact that you were dragging your right foot looking for the contact and your left foot had already left the ground as you threw yourself forward looking for it! The may call it "being professional" but I just call it cheating.[/quote]

Yep, comes back to the feeling that game left me with, and that feeling was one of being cheated! The fact that Tranmere players and fans are saying we weren''t cheated is what leaves me taking my anger out on them.

The Butler: "I feel sorry for anyone growing up not knowing who their father was and having to listen each night to their mother making a living!"

Appreciation from me for that one! (give me a break, I hadn''t heard it before!)