Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

7 More Points and Promotion is CERTAIN!!!!!

Two of Swindon, Millwall, Leeds and Charlton are not going to win all of their remaining games.  Why do some people think they are?

I work with a Leeds a fan and was discussing this with this him today.  Considering Swindon & Millwall have been on excellent runs for the last 15 or more games one of them isn''t going to win their last 6.  I think Millwall have been on the best run, for them to win the last 6 they would be setting some kind of world record.  Anyway he was laughing at me saying why are you even questioning it?  You are 10 points ahead of 3rd with only 6 games (18 points) left to play for, Swindon and Millwall still have to play eachother as do Leeds and Charlton, it''s 4 teams battling for one place.  Norwich are clear and going up.

If I was a fan of either of those 4 teams I would probably be thinking the same looking at the table.  Bearing in mind we are talking about not just one of those teams, but two of them catching us with only 6 games left.

If we beat the Dons we will go on to beat the O''s. If we do both, there will be no problem.

So, it is vital to beat MK Dons, simple as that.

Anything else will cause us concern because swindon will most likely win their next two and the second is before our second game.

Can you imagine the drama queens on this message board should our lead shrink?

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]If we beat the Dons we will go on to beat the O''s. If we do both, there will be no problem. So, it is vital to beat MK Dons, simple as that. Anything else will cause us concern because swindon will most likely win their next two and the second is before our second game. Can you imagine the drama queens on this message board should our lead shrink?[/quote]

Ooh ooh panic panic, sirens sirens, woooo oooooo wooo ooo air raid air raid, bombs explosions disaster, broken, crumpled, stuck in the trench of the third level for another 12 months? Longer?  Nightmare a hellish nightmare of desolate despair, a big black hole, no way out, it''s ending, the world has died............................

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

I can''t see Swindon and Millwall losing any of their remaining games other than when they play each other. Not so sure about Leeds [:)]

[/quote]I think Swindon will do well to get more than a point from Colchester, to be honest looking at their team im surprised they have kept up their form. [/quote]

Have you seen any of the highlights of Cochester''s games lately? [:)] Swindon will beat them easily looking at both team''s current form.

[/quote]Just like we were going to beat Tranmere?Funny things happen at this time of the season.  Nothing can be taken for granted.[/quote]Only and usually when the ref and linesmen are on telly!!Personally, I''m hoping for us to be promoted at Charlton.[:)]

Yes Orient are shite. But so are Stockport and we didnt exactly win convincingly on Monday - at home.

Orient are scrapping for their League 1 lives - and there are a certain Ryan Jarvis, Andrew Cave-Brown and James ''Scummer'' Scowcroft just waiting to put a spike in our promotion wheel.

Hoping for a win at Orient? Yes. Expecting a win at Orient? No

Slim - to be fair to Rudolph, he''s not suggesting for a minute that we''re not going up. Like most people, I went into 2010 thinking that 2nd would be as good as anything - promotion was the only key. But nothing less than the title will do now - can you imagine the pee-taking if we DID manage to blow a 9 point lead with 6 games to go, and finished 2nd now? It would make the Leeds situation seem tame in comparison. We''ll have Cluck on here claiming ''The Sheep'' were trying to claim a successful season before anything was certain. Downloads will be back wanting the club to go into Administration. Smudger - well he''ll go back to being the old Smudger, and Bly will start on his one-love comments again. I think THAT is what Rudolph was getting at

We''re incredibly close to the line but as Norwich fans we''re used to stumbling across not finishing at a sprint. Win the next 3 games however and we can all breathe easy

If anyone is circumspect about the situation they stand to be ridiculed as panicking etc.

Is it not a greater truth that some people cover their nerves by pretenting to be oblivious to the challenges because the challenge itself fazes them.

We should respect our opponents, stand up and work for everything. We have no given right to success and the job is not yet done.

As I keep saying, Saturday is massive and players and fans all need to be up for it.

Slim and Trent, I agree with you. The "what ifs" and "but they coulds" are so far fetched they are not worth bothering about for fans. Sit back and enjoy the ride. If it does get bumpy, then would be a time to worry, but not now.

As for Trent''s arithmetic, you make perfect sense, and until you wrote it, I had not thought of the goal difference being a minimum of 2 per game, so good for pointing it out. Why anyone would get snippy over that is beyond me, especially when you went to the bother of couching it in the "it''s not going to happen, but" introduction.

Anyone who does not already think promotion is in the bag is the kind of pessamist (sp?) the team does not need hanging around.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Trent Canary"][quote user="cityangel"]

I can''t see Swindon and Millwall losing any of their remaining games other than when they play each other. Not so sure about Leeds [:)]

[/quote]I think Swindon will do well to get more than a point from Colchester, to be honest looking at their team im surprised they have kept up their form. [/quote]

Have you seen any of the highlights of Cochester''s games lately? [:)] Swindon will beat them easily looking at both team''s current form.

[/quote]Actually I havent, just checked their results and its 8 games without a win! Ill still go for a draw between the U''s and Swindon, but I didnt realize quite how bad their form was. Hopefully that 5-0 went some way to stalling their season [:)]