Sign in to follow this  
Adam

Re: It cannot be too long before Shackell and Notman make the first team

Some people on here don''t seem to know too much about Kevin Harper. He''s a good player and will be a decent addition to the City squad. If his loan spell is a success, which I expect it will be, then City might be able to buy him permanently. The only reason he''s not in the Portsmouth team is because Patrik Berger has taken his place. Otherwise he''d probably be a regular Pompey player.

I remember him scoring against us when we went to Portsmouth two seasons ago, he was a real handful (even for Drury) and his goal was quality. He was linked with Watford for £400,000 over the summer but nothing came of it. With Harry Redknapp needing to remove a few players from the wage bill, we could probably get him quite cheap. What sounds promising is that Worthy is looking at this as an initial month loan, but may look to extend it. Whilst our two new strikers are out of our price range by a long way, Harper could well be a realistic target.

But yes, Notman is the unluckiest player known to me. He works hard, looked good down the right when he''s covered Rivers, and yes, he did cross the ball for Iwan to score in Cardiff. Shackell also needs a run, when I''ve seen him he looks an excellent prospect and, as the general consensus seems to be, Malky''s starting to become a liability.