Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Who will take 2nd ?

Who is going up with us ?  Looking at the run-ins I would say Swindon.  Any thoughts ?Swindon - 76 pts, +19 GDColchester (A)Exeter (H)Walsall (H)Wycombe (A)Brentford (H)Millwall (H)Millwall - 75 Pts, +29 GDGillingham (H)Yeovil (A)Huddersfield (A)L Orient (H)Tranmere (A)Swindon (H)Leeds - 74 Pts, +27 GDSouthend (H)Carlisle (A)Gillingham (A)MK Dons (H)Charlton (A)Bristol R (H)Charlton - 74 Pts, +21 GDSouthampton (A)Colchester (H)Norwich (H)Exeter (A)Leeds (H)Oldham (A)

I reckon Leeds will do it. They should win there next two (no guarantees based on current form, but I think they''ll do it) and then I think they''ll have more confidence and will sneak in on the last day with Swindon and Millwall drawing

Swindon have the marginally easier run-in.

By the way, Swindon and Millwall can''t both play at home on the final day!

[quote user="Pyro Pete"]Swindon have the marginally easier run-in.

By the way, Swindon and Millwall can''t both play at home on the final day![/quote]Oh yeah.  D''oh !  It''s Millwall vs Swindon on the last day.

Leeds could take advantage of millwall and swindon having to play each other. I think its impossible to predict, it could go down to the last day and then its really down to whoever plays best on the day.

Ive got Millwall on 88, Swindon on 88, and Leeds on 87. Millwall winning against Swindon to take promotion. Lets just hope we can sit atop of the table on the final day and watch them fight over second!

I think your points totals look about right Trent. I think we might have to wait a bit longer than I hoped to mathematically confirm promotion, but 90 points will almost certainly get us there. I had been hoping it would be at Orient, but it seems we might have to wait til either Charlton or Gillingham.

Anyone but Leeds!I think Millwall deserve it on merit of how well they''ve played the second half of this season. If they keep it up, they will get it, just about.I would like to see Swindon go up too

Some great fixtures near the end there - Leeds against Charlton and then Swindon v Millwall last day!  That should be the game on SkySports with the Championship almost decided.

I hope Swindon do it personally, have done really well with limited resources and Charlie Austin seems a great find.  If not Millwall.  Anything but Leeds/

Thats a good one, for me on paper its either swindon or millwall decided last game. Charltons run in by far the hardest and leeds to dodgy form to predict anything . Swindon I hope good solid hard working side, abit like us they deserve it consistantly performing. Plus would be more off an achievment for them, than leeds millwall as not expected. Good luck to em i say.

The away games that Leeds have left make it hard for them.  Carlisle and Gillingham are both  stronger at home than away (particularly Gillingham) and Charlton are obviously no mugs. Much will depend on Swindon''s game at Colchester but if they win there they have 4 very winnable games before playing Millwall on the last day.Millwall should win 4 out of 5 so it seems probable that they will be playing Swindon for 2nd place on the last day.