Sign in to follow this  
Even Peter Griffen likes NCFC

when forster returns from suspension

[quote user="Glenn roeder"]does he go straight back into the team leaving rudd on the bench or does rudd keep his place, he looked strong against stockport. but i think forster should start, he has saved us so many times, what do u think?[/quote]

You have answered your own question there, Forster will be in goal at Orient. we can''t afford to risk the points, while I agree Rudd looks good, But Forster has played a huge part this season, Perhaps when its confirmed that we are up then yes Give Rudd a bit more time    

If he plays well against MK Dons and we get a decent result I think he should stay in the side. I think it would also be good to keep playing Rudd to give him some more first team experience. I honestly don''t think there is that much in it between him and Forster. I seem to remember Rudd played well in the Gillingham game and the Leyton Orient one after Forster was suspended and kept his place for the Bristol Rovers game. If he hadnt been on England duty for the Carlisle game he could well have played a decent string of games.

I think he has a good chance of staying in the team as well because Lambert''s selection policy has been a breath of fresh air this season because it has been based on the simple principle that if you play well you keep the shirt. He doesn''t appear to have too many favourites. Doherty, Wes, Chris Martin are all examples of playing who Lambert was sceptical about but have kept their places with great displays. Players such as Hughes and Elliot have by and large dissapointed when given starts thus have been quite rightly dropped

Forster obviously.

It''s been good for Rudd to get some starts. Maybe/possibly when/if promotion/champions is/isn''t won/lost (sorry - boring myself now) then he can have a few more...

This is a difficult one. If Rudd plays very well on Saturday and makes no errors, then I would keep him in for the next game. But if there is the slightest doubt about his competence, after all he is still very young and inexperienced, then Forster should return for the next match. Having said all that, I think Lambert will bring Forster straight back into the side anyway.

Forster should come back in. He has proven that in key moments in the match when a piece of individual brilliance is needed from the defence/keeper, he can provide it, we''ve yet to see that from Rudd.

Stick Fraser back in for the stability, the strong bond between him and the back 4, until we get mathematically promoted, then give Rudd the remaining 3 or so games.

Rudd is nowhere near as good as Forster, and also no where near as good as norwich fans like to think. He''ll be good in years to come, with experience from a loan move or whatever but come on chaps, you are basing opinions on a couple of games against Leyton Orient and Stockport here - pub teams at best. Forster for england

We all know Lambert will put Forster straight back in.

Remember Rose was playing pretty well when Drury became match fit again, and was then promptly dropped.

Rudd does look an excellent prospect though.

Quite, every time someone has completed their suspension they have gone directly back into the team, so they''ll be no change, he''s just too awesome to leave out!

yep. until promotion is confirmed then we need to play the best team we can.. once everything is done and dusted we can drop Forster, give Holt the rest of the seas off, and a few others and play the kids.