Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Has Ferguson got the guts to do a Lambert?

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]Brentford at home[/quote]It was better than that too! He gave Whitbread his debut in the middle of that 3 who hadn''t played a game for god knows how long..I didn''t see how Rafaels second yellow was a foul worth booking for!

Shame cause Rafael was having a brilliant game.

[quote user="CDMullins"]when did Lambert play 3 at the back??[/quote]

i thought that was now part of norwich city folklore [:D]

[quote user="AndyCanary"]

I didn''t see how Rafaels second yellow was a foul worth booking for!
[/quote]

Well you can see why the ref did it although in the grand scheme of things it does seem a bit harsh.

Especially when you consider the ref let Van Bommel get away with a couple of things after he''d been booked...

I didnt see the rest of the game, so didnt see any other decision; but I thought both bookings were fair.The first was a blatant, petulant foul. With a bit of dissent thrown in.The second was one of those driving runs forward by a player, the defender is on the wrong side and gives a blatant tug back, for me its a yellow every time. Commentators sometimes refer to it as a ''Smart foul'', where a player will happily give away a yellow card, in exchange for stopping the attack. In this case it was a second yellow, so a bit dumb. Didnt like the Munich players crowding the ref, but doesnt change the fact that IMO it was the right decision. As for the ''Typical Germans''. Amusing, but seeing as though it was a foul on a Frenchman, playing alongside a couple of dutchmen, a croatian, an Argentinian, mixed in with a few germans; and being managed by a Dutchman - im not sure of his point. Just being a sore loser as per usual.

[quote user="woody11"]no because bayern Munich are a descent team unlike Brentford[/quote]It''s all to do with relativity so that doesn''t make a difference.

Ferguson got exactly what he deserved and his ''typical Germans'' comment, coupled with the cries of ''Cheats'' from United players/staff that could be heard during his post match interview, was pathetic. From the moment he took Rooney off after the Rafael red card he handed the initiative to Bayern. United spent the last thirty minutes playing with no striker which meant that Bayern could push all of their players forward and make the most of the extra man advantage. He really should have brought Berbatov on for Rooney so that they at least had an out ball and Bayern at least had somebody to worry about up front.You can usually tell when Ferguson has made a balls up tactically as he always tries to focus media attention elsewhere. He cocked it up tonight and I found it most amusing [:D]

When Rooney came off wern''t they still winning? And it looked to me that there were going to counter with Nani on his own up top.

[quote user="pennywise "]

[quote user="CDMullins"]when did Lambert play 3 at the back??[/quote]

i thought that was now part of norwich city folklore [:D]

[/quote]

It should be along with the Southend game where we finished with about 5 strikers on the pitch and Wes Hoolahan effectively playing the holding role!

Like Bayern to be honest, got some awesome players, especially in Ribery and Robben.

Glad they went through but Fergie got it all wrong, tonight & the 1st leg IMO.

Bayerns defense looks sooooo much weaker since the departure of Lucio to Inter (IMO the best CB in the game ATM), if he''d grown a pair and played Berbatov and Rooney together in the first leg they''d have been home and dry by half time, no way would VB & Demichelis handled both Rooney and Berba.

Ferguson''s negativity cost Utd this year. Simples.

Manchester United and Fergie really do continue to infuriate me. The fact that they have stolen our colours has made me hate manure even more. But Fergie just winds me up so much. The man can never accept defeat and that his team were beaten by the better side. He always finds someone else to blame and never accepts fair defeat. I mean tonight he has had a big go at bayerns players because apparently it was then who pressured the ref into getting rafael sent off. Ok maybe they did pressurise him a bit but ive seen man u done that loades of times so Fergie cant exactly talk. And again why did he start rooney for? He was nowhere near match fitness and I dont care how much rooney is bugging him to play he shouldnt play if he isnt fit. Last week I thought I heard he was supposed to be out for 4 weeks at least. So how the hell is he ready to start after one week?

What right do Man Utd have to complain about the Bayern players doing that when they''ve treated a player who done the same thing to Rooney, as you may have guessed i''m referring to Ronaldo, as a god for the past 3 seasons?

I can never understand why people would want a British team out of a competitions and want a German team to go through... I just can''t compute it in my head.. Unless it was the scum of course.

[quote user="AndyCanary"]I can never understand why people would want a British team out of a competitions and want a German team to go through... I just can''t compute it in my head.. Unless it was the scum of course.[/quote]Agree with that. I always want the English teams to go through, helps our co-efficient more to the point.Unfortunaetly people like Ferguson make it very hard to support Man United in Europe. The man has no dignity in defeat. I thought saturday was bad enough (The referee cost us because the Drogba goal was offside, even though our goal was handballed twice) - but last night went even further into the realms of poor sportsmanship.

"Has Ferguson got the guts to do a Lambert?"

And leave Man United for Bayern, having been beaten?

.... oh, sorry, that isn''t want you meant....

[quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="woody11"]no because bayern Munich are a descent team unlike Brentford[/quote]It''s all to do with relativity so that doesn''t make a difference.[/quote]

of course it makes a difference, you wouldn''t dare thinking about playing three at the back when you have got Robben,Ribery, Gomez and Olic as forwards thats too much quality and they would open a team up no matter who you have in defence and the game would be over before United had a chance to attack

[quote user="woody11"][quote user="AndyCanary"][quote user="woody11"]no because bayern Munich are a descent team unlike Brentford[/quote]

It''s all to do with relativity so that doesn''t make a difference.
[/quote] of course it makes a difference, you wouldn''t dare thinking about playing three at the back when you have got Robben,Ribery, Gomez and Olic as forwards thats too much quality and they would open a team up no matter who you have in defence and the game would be over before United had a chance to attack[/quote]

What do you mean? I think Carl Cort is the equal of all those players.