Sign in to follow this  
Pabs

Jimmy Abdou

When we go up, I will be interested to see if Millwall join us in the Championship.  If they don''t, I seriously think we should look into signing Abdou.  He plays in a role similar to Russell, but could also slot into the Korey Smith/Lappin role.

In the Championship, I can see Lappin becoming more of a ''squad'' player rather than a regular starter.  We need reinforcements in that area and for me Abdou fits the bill.  Every time I have seen him play he has been fast, athletic, strong and excellent in the tackle.  Give a foundation of Russell, Abdou and Smith and you can let Hoolahan do his thing!

OTBC

Was he the bloke who had Hoolahan in his pocket down at the Den? He was a good player.

I think it is a myth that we need a left sided player in Lappin''s role.  Yes, it gives us balance but it doesn''t mean that he has to be left sided.  I think the main purpose of that role is to give Hoolahan the freedom to explore the pitch...which means we need a combative, strong midfielder in there.

Lappin has done well this season, just think that we need competition at least for his position. It is probably the one role where he is safe as others have tried and failed.

Lappin has IMHO been pretty poor for the last 6 weeks or so. he has done well this season and i like his attitude but would not be up to scratch in the champ as he is just too slow.

[quote user="Pabs"]

When we go up, I will be interested to see if Millwall join us in the Championship.  If they don''t, I seriously think we should look into signing Abdou.  He plays in a role similar to Russell, but could also slot into the Korey Smith/Lappin role.

In the Championship, I can see Lappin becoming more of a ''squad'' player rather than a regular starter.  We need reinforcements in that area and for me Abdou fits the bill.  Every time I have seen him play he has been fast, athletic, strong and excellent in the tackle.  Give a foundation of Russell, Abdou and Smith and you can let Hoolahan do his thing!

OTBC

[/quote]

Great shout, everytime I have seen him he has stood out. Thought he played especially well at Elland Road when they beat Leeds. Would be a great addition. Moreover, so long as Millwall don''t go up, he represents a much more realistic target than Snodgrass/Lambert etc. If we could get a decent right winger and a pacey striker (Billy Sharp if we have the cash?), I think we would be competitive.

Nelson has been superb and deserves his chance in the Championship. I see no reason why he could not make it.

[quote user="Pabs"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Pabs, superb shout for me!. I have seen at first hand Abdou in the matches both home & away this season and on both occasions looks a bright prospect & certainly one of the best opposition players we have come accross this season. Agree with your comments on his capabilities plus he certainly fits the mould of player Lambert looks to bring into the club as he is hungry/ambitious & looking to further his career, would love to see him here as Lappin is no better than a squad player in the championship-its about time he hung his skirt up after recent performances!

If Wes is to play at the top of the diamond that three around him is crucial for us to progress.......................

I have been impressed every time I have seen him, looks like he would be a good Championship player. Would be very happy if we managed to get him, may struggle though as I am sure other clubs will be looking at him if he became available.

While I agree that he''d be a quality signing i''d be more inclined to say he should replace Korey, playing him over Lappin IMO replaces pretty much all creative responsibility on Wes. Lappin may not get stuck in as much as others but he offers Wesley a little help in terms of another source of ammunition for Holt and Martin.

Good shout.

Maybe then also Wes can learn in training how to play against him! Not easy to play when someone like that is sitting on you. Good practice for the lad!

[quote user="a1canary"]Good shout. Maybe then also Wes can learn in training how to play against him! Not easy to play when someone like that is sitting on you. Good practice for the lad![/quote]

He tore him to bits at Carrow Road, but lets forget about that!

Oh no, that''s it now, this is going down as an outrageous "slating" of our Wes isn''t it!?

Are you going to post something next time he scores and say "how can anyone ''slate'' Wes..." etc etc

It was really just a tongue in cheek comment. But Millwall didn''t single him out for special treatment at Carrow Rd and after that game Jackett made his comment about him being the standout player in the division. So he had a plan for him next time we played them and fair play to him, it worked. Wes will get more of the same treatment in the Champ and has already had a lot like that in this division since much of it wised up to him. Wes has handled it pretty well but he''ll get more of the same in the Champ. All i say is he and we will need to work out how to live with it and get around it.

[quote user="a1canary"]Oh no, that''s it now, this is going down as an outrageous "slating" of our Wes isn''t it!? Are you going to post something next time he scores and say "how can anyone ''slate'' Wes..." etc etc It was really just a tongue in cheek comment. But Millwall didn''t single him out for special treatment at Carrow Rd and after that game Jackett made his comment about him being the standout player in the division. So he had a plan for him next time we played them and fair play to him, it worked. Wes will get more of the same treatment in the Champ and has already had a lot like that in this division since much of it wised up to him. Wes has handled it pretty well but he''ll get more of the same in the Champ. All i say is he and we will need to work out how to live with it and get around it.[/quote]

Oooooooo, touchy cowboy! I must add, i, like you forgot too add a smiley face at the end.

But....

Abdou, as i was told by my Millwall supporting bro was instructed to pay close attention to young Wes...he failed [;)]

hairy muff.

i don''t know how to do smiley faces at the end of a sentence using google chrome... can i?